Dream characters

This isn’t really a serious question but I’m wondering what people think of it. Your dream characters are part of you and so say if you were to kill or do something “bad” to one do you think it could somehow effect you in real life?

Eh… how in the world could that affect your RL !? It’s like playing a violent video game: you shoot someone/punch someone/kill someone. Nothing will happen to you :tongue:. The same here - the dreams are virtual states of the mind where nothing is real. That’s the cool part: if nothing is real you can do anything you want because nothing’s going to happen to you :happy:.

The only way a dream or lucid dream could affect your real life is through feelings. Yes ! If you killed someone and that someone tells you something like “I have wife and children !” (literally :tongue:) then when you wake up you will feel very sad that you killed that person - even if it wasn’t real !

Your SC tries to make it as real as possible, but it can’t imitate pain so well. It can only imitate feelings the best because that’s what the mind is all about - to make feelings. The pain isn’t a feeling, the pain is some sort of danger alarm and the mind can’t imitate it. I think you got the idea.

So my opinion is that doing what you said can’t affect your real life - it can affect your interior personal state of feelings. But you’ll get over that :wink:

I respect my DC and I treat them right because they help me a lot.

Killing people in dreams doesnt mean you are able to do it IRL, I for example have killed people in my dreams, but I could never (with purpose) harm someone IRL :tongue:

I don’t buy into the idea that each DC is somehow a part of you, as if harming one of them could cause physical damage to a specific neural network in your brain or something. Obviously, they’re created by your brain, but they don’t literally represent or affect part of it. So hurting them shouldn’t directly hurt you.

However, if you feel the need to hurt a lot of DCs, that could be indicative of some issues you might want to get worked out. :razz:

Good for you - but I think you take it way to real life-ish :tongue:. They are illusions. Yes ! Semi-real illusions (sounds crazy, huh ? :content:)

I totally agree with you here :smile:

Agreed. It won’t last forever. It’s not like your killing a real person. It’s not real, it’s -literally- all in your head.

Exactly! Although, I’ve never killed people in my dreams. I’ve knocked people out, but I’ve never killed them.

I’ve killed people in ND’s and when I remember the dream, it’s a little disturbing, but beyond that it doesn’t really affect anything. Much like everyone else has said, it only affects you in the way you allow it to.