Group Reality Check

Ditto here!

haha, that RC of course depends on where you live! Here on Kauai life is pretty keyless except for starting the car or motorbike. We’re still able to leave the doors unlocked to the house, my car keys are in the ignition, and my motorbike keys as well. I like the book RC.

The barking dogs and keys would work for me, but then I have a dog and I don’t live in Hawaii ( sigh ) . What about a R.C everytime you turned on/off the tv, sat down to watch it, or stopped watching it. Or all of the above, but with your computer.

Hey, I’m gathering all your suggestions and absorbing them into my reality checking oriented mind :shy: Well I just want to throw this out there: Ever heard that to make something a habit, all it takes is to repeatedly do it 21 days in a row?

Well, we should SERIOusly keep up with the Mirror Reality check. But still, like mattias said, -slowly- add on more.

I also have the idea that we can do a certain Type of RC.
Like every time we see the Mirror, we can try pushing a finger through(seriously expecting it to go through of course!)

And for a new reality check, I’ve seen Book mentioned a few times. I have seen people reading in public a lot or even just holding a book. Hey, books are common!

Like every time we see a book, or someone with a book, or even reading a newspaper… we could all do the Read, and read again, RC ! Like now, I read this sentence:

“I am reading a sentence.” then I look away and imagine it says something different, and then look back at it. Is it exactly the same?

(wondering if a new Group Reality Check topic should be opened)
Until anything… Lets KEEP UP with ThE MIRROR! Be serious about reality checks. If you have been slacking then that is what weakens the group. I’m going to check the mirror now, crawl through it and see if I can come up with better backwards ideas. :wink: :mirror:

The barking RC would work well for me, I hear dogs barking down the road quite a bit. I also like the book one, especially since school’s started. Heck, you can even do it every time you go on a computer.

The book idea sounds good!
Also, I like the idea of specific RC’s like what #six said - although in public I can’t touch all mirrors, I’d atleast do another RC in that case! :tongue:
The specific RC of reading text when you see a book seems like a good match too! Like when you see a book, the next line of text you see (eg a sign) you read and look back to make sure it hasn’t changed! Sounds great to me! :content:

Thanks,
Bodom (David)

I like the book idea, but I think that the RC should be a little bit uncommon. That way I’ll remember to do it more often.

I’ll definitely keep doing the mirror RC. I’m just getting back into this after a long period of forgetfulness, so habits are definitely what I need to form. I’m also casting my vote for the dog barking RC–it’d work well where I live, since there’s lots of dogs on my street but they’re not so noisy I’d be pinching myself every five minutes.

So the ‘Book’ /‘Reading’ is popular.

Is this sentence still the same? :rc:
Well, this sentence hasn’t changed. :tongue:
And,
I think I hear a dog barking! (pinches nose, tries to breath) <I think this RC should become a habit. It’s so good.

So our new RC point is going to be the book one?

I’ve been forgetting to do the mirror RC a few times… and last night I dreamed I was looking in the mirror and didn’t do a RC :cry: Even though I had really long sharp canines! :lol:

sigh well, at least there was a mirror in my dream! That’s a sign I should work harder on this since mirrors may appear in my dreams again!

/me has thought out an ultimate method to mirror RC every time he wakes up :ebil:

WELL???

Maybe we can guess it before he posts again. Mirror on the ceiling? :tongue:

Success! <- that’s a link

This was a few days ago, but didn’t have time to post until just now :content:

You can do a group reality check everytime you log into LD4all! Who knows who else is logging in?

lol great idea!

BTW everybody, it is an EMERGENCY that we still keep up with the MIRROR RC .

It seriously has to get ingrained into our brain. Otherwise, we can do it for a while and then move on to the next and the next…but it is important to have something stable.

So of course always do a reality check when ever you remember and however you want, but this Mirror/Reflection one must become a habit. It’s all worth it.

By the way, I admit, I slacked a few times. But I got punished by remembering 2 dreams these past 2 day of looking into the mirror… :ack:

They were clear dreams too, all I had to do was an RC to become lucid, but no, in daily life I failed to do it 100% so that’s what happens. In the begining I was doing very well, had a lucid dream…then I slacked :neutral: and it wasn’t a habit.

I have to share this article about habits: Keep reality checking in mind and you will see how it fits. :content:

https://ezinearticles.com/?Develop-a-New-Habit&id=326777

:mirror: + :rc: = :lucid:

I guess I am now a part of this group as I’ve started with mirror RCs a couple of days ago, inspired by this topic :tongue:

I often look into mirrors in my dreams, and only twice it helped me to become lucid - once when my reflection had a beard ( -__-; ) and the second time my appearance greatly changed in front of my eyes.
But most of the time I don’t realize I’m dreaming even though there’s something weird going on …once I was looking into a mirror with my eyes closed and I was fascinated with how I am able to see myself lol :"D and didn’t RC of course…
So I hope this will help~
… and someone here suggested a stairs RC and I like this one so I added it to my list :tongue:

Alright, so this Mirror RC is now getting ingrained into my brain! :grin:
Latest LD via Mirror…

Read it. That’s so awesome how objective you are in your dreams.

yeah, every ld4aller better be doing this! :wink: It’s like a mandatory RC for anybody visiting ld4all. lol

I dreamed I was standing in front of a mirror in a wedding dress that was way too big for me. I grabbed the material and pulled it tight so as to get a better look at what the dress would look like if it were my size. I even saw my face in the mirror, but it did not dawn on me to do a reality check. :cry:

I know, Im too lazy, but it will become a habit, its just that I take mirrors for granted :tongue: