Some questions

I’m not sure where to put this, so correct me if i’m wrong :eh:

Anywho, i’ve never had an LD before, when when I do, i wanna know what its like :smile:
So here are mai questions

1) What senses/feelings do you have? You can see, and by reading on here and I guess you can hear. But can you feel something or smell something?

2) How long will a Lucid Dream last? Will it seem days, hours, minutes, or vary every time you do it?

3) How do you exit a Lucid Dream? I read somewhere that someone shouted “WAKE UP” super loud and they woke up, but that in the guide it said like “Increase Lucidity”, spin around, or grab on to something. If you keep doing this, could you stay in one like forever? Or is it like a non-lucid dream and you don’t remember the end?

4) Can you do anything “useful”? Like, one thread here asked if you could study in the dream. The guide said books and technology don’t work, so that means the the only thing you could really do is review what you already know so you won’t forget it?

5) Are there any foods you can eat to increase the chance of having a LD? I saw the guide has a short list, but I was wondering if theres a bigger list or other activities you could do?

6) What happens if you die in an LD? :woo: My friend asked if you died in real life, like in Inception, but I doubt that. Do you wake up? Do you just not die? Does your perspective change?

7) Is it dangerous? Like, could you die of fear? Or do you not feel fear?

8 ) What’s the most useful RC? Or is there one? Which do you prefer?

9) Another question like Inception, does your Dreamscape stay the same every time you visit it? Could you “build” something, then revisit it every time?

10) Okay, so how does materializing things work? After reading the guide, I believe it’s like this: If you say/think/want “If a gun doesn’t appear in my hand, someones gonna die.” nothing will happen. If you say/think/want "I’m going to open my desk drawer and a gun will be in it.

11) How “precise” is the dream? Is it super detailed, or fuzzy and blurry?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Welcome to the forum, Dartz!

1. Yes. If you want to, you can experience any sense you want to. Also, you can mix senses if you have good enough control (such as seeing sound, tasting color, etc.)

2. If you have enough control, it can last as long as you want it to. In dream time, that is.

3. You can exit a lucid dream either by waking yourself up intentionally in the dream, such as shouting “wake up” like you mentioned, or you can just choose to lose lucidity and have a normal dream.

4. Well, yes, you can’t really learn anything “new” in the sense that you can’t find out factual information from the world. But you can, however, explore your own subconscious and learn things about yourself. From my perspective, that’s more “useful” than many other types of learning.

5. This is one area I’m not very sure on. I know there are a few vitamins that are thought to help lucid dreaming, but I can’t recall them at the moment. Sorry. :meh:

6. This depends on the person. Some people wake up, some people “respawn” or come back to life, some people just see blackness and then enter a new dream. It really changes from person to person.

7. Dieing in a lucid dream? If so, then no, I don’t think so. Since you’re in control, and in order to stay in control, you can’t feel too much fear. Anything that is fearful to you you can change it so it won’t be.

8. The most useful RC is the one that works best for you. Personally, I most commonly use the nose RC, where you plug your nose and see if you can still breathe, but I also use the hand-poking RC as a back up. Try to do two RC’s just in case the first one was faulty.

9. If you were good enough at visualizing and creating a dream scene, then yes.

10. Materializing objects or people or even whole environments works like that, yes. Essentially you convince yourself “x” will be in “y” place when you look, and if you believe it, it will be. For people with advanced control in LD’s, they can simply summon objects from thin air without really saying anything. But, that requires a lot of control because we aren’t used to seeing things materialize out of nothing.

11. This depends on the specific dream and how you became lucid in it. That is to say, there are different levels of vividness and lucidity. On one end, you can barely feel in control and things are very hard to remember. On the other end, LD’s can be life-like and you can remember every detail. Basically, the more experience and control you have, the more vivid and lucid the dream will be.

Hope that was helpful, Dartz, and good luck with your quest to lucidity. :smile:

let me just clear up a few misconceptions first.
usually, whenever you just say “___________ will appear in my hands when i open my eyes” hardly EVER works.
at all.
the point their getting at when they say this is simply “believe it will happen, and it will.”
this is difficult as hell for most people, because dreams are a lot like real life, and i wish i had a Lamborghini every time i walk to school, but it never happens.
usually you should use an outside source to get the things you want, like a vending machine full of weapons or something random like that.

the theory is: you cant do anything resourceful in dreams because you only have knowledge you would normally have.
this is untrue, however.
when it comes to academics, not much i can say there, but physical training it something you can advance yourself in, not muscle training, but things like technique, balance, reaction time, etc.
as long as you have the physical capacity to do the thing your training for, you will retain the abilities you gain in dreams.
kinda like in assassins creed. (guy goes into a machine, sees his ancestor, controls him, starts doin crazy **** like roofjumping, suddenly, he comes out of the machine, and can do all that stuff.)

when you die in a dream, different things go through your head, but all that happens is you wake up.
i’ve learned not even to listen to most people who talk about lucid dreams in RL unless im sure they actually know what their talking about, cause people say things like “oh, if you die in a dream, you die in RL”, etc., random things that dont even make sense.
but inception actually got this right.
unless you know how to numb yourself from pain, your mind will register that pain as real.
you will feel everything.
wether you got shot, hit by a car, stabbed in the chest, etc. 85% of people normally feel all of this in their dream.

nothing partaining to lucid dreaming can kill you.
unless you have a heart attack.
but thats a medical issue, not injury.
in dreams, you feel fear (normally) because your dreams are interpreted as real, therefor, anything in your dream must be real.
even the 75 foot tall spider trying to eat you.
your hearts racing, your running away, cliche horror movie scene, etc., but normally you wouldnt die.
like i said, unless you have a weak heart, your wont die.
yes,technically you can simply change it into whatever you want to, but i dont think when your running from something thats trying to kill you, your suddenly gonna turn around and try to pull a Houdini on him.
nightmares are real, and more so than ever in lucid nightmares, their worse than real life.
trust me, you WILL feel fear some time or another.

and the last cliche, (i hope) is this:
your dream is simply an interpretation of your mind.
everything inside is is simply abstracted together by your mind, none of it remains the same.(certain dreamscapes will reoccur, just like reocurring dreams, you CAN go back there if you know what the area looks like.)
the dreamscape isnt some giant magical box where you shove every little thought you have into it until it becomes a clusterf*ck of thoughts that stay there forever.
think realistically.
a dream is only:
A: a memory, or a scene based on a memory.
B:an interpretation of your thought that your mind translates into a scene for you to run around in.
therefor, unless you memorize an entire scene that you’ve created, you cannot create your own city, but like i said, there is a way (above sentence.)
you can create your own dreamscape by slowly adding things to it, but you have to remember everything in it to ever go back to it, which is why you have a dream journal to describe every detail, or if your an artist, you can draw it.
and let me just say this, i have known very few people to actually visualize an entire dreamscape and simply go there, but then again im talking specifics, where everything is exactly where its supposed to be.

now onto your questions:
1:
every sensory organ you have in RL is active while dreaming, hearing, sight, feeling, smell, and taste (this one is fleeting, rarely ever happens in natural dreams)

2:a lucid dream can last from a few seconds to weeks on end, it depends on chemical levels in the body (melatonin, serotonin, etc), chance, technique (speedsolving) and a lot of others, which is why its just easier to say, its pretty much random every time.

3:unless your desperate, i would yell to the sky WAKE UP!!!.
just seems wierd.
there are natural ways to exit lucid dreams, if you start breathing heavier than usual, your body releases the WSP, and i know someones gonna say “what about the noseplug RC??(hold your nose and breath, if you still can, your dreaming)”
well, your lungs in your physical body and your dream body are connected, although your dream self has his nose plugged, your physical body doesnt, therefore your always breathing normally.
until you start breathing heavily, and wake yourself up.
just dont start hyperventilating.
also, simply choosing to wake up is a bit cliche i guess, i mean how could you simply decide, “hey i wanna wake up!” and then it happens?
there are ways to do it, ive done it before, but it rarely ever happens when you want it to.

4:already answered, if you have the physical capacity, any skill other than muscle training is retained.

5:certain foods like bananas have helpful chemicals in them to raise awareness and other cool things to help you get into a lucid dream, and stay there longer, not sure about any supplements so could anyone else gimme a hand here?

6:already answered, most of the time, pain’s real, when you die, you wake up.
your not gonna be in a coma.

7:you cant die in dreams.
theoretically speaking.

8:the most helpful RC would probably be the noseplug one.
whenever you pass under a doorway, just plug your nose and breath in, normally if your in a dream, you can breath perfectly fine.
if not, so sorry, you cant go flying out the window just yet.

…unless you really want to.

9:already answered, unless you have created your own dreamscape, and memorized it, no. (like i said before, if you want a GENERAL dreamscape, a.k.a, no godlike specifics, you can conjure that up.)
but you can build onto a building and then conjure up godzilla to break it down.

10:conjuring isnt normally the best method, see now there are 2 kinds of dream techniques, i believe this theory was created by toxsychor, not sure if thats spelled right either.
Active dream control:
when you have complete control over what goes on in a dream, you can conjure up things, kill people with one touch, and cause things to explode with your mind.
this is the exact opposite of RL, therefor, your dream will be LESS CLEAR.
this is not exactly the best kind of dream control, because your vision might be hazy, lucidity to a minimum, pretty much just a bad LD overall if you use this too much.
Passive dream control:
where everything has a reason behind it, you got your kickass bat wings from a guy on the side of the street selling them, you got your gun from a vending machine on the side of the street, and the giant king cobra got there because a mad scientist was conducting expieriments using radiation.
this is where everything you do or get comes from a reasonable place, you didnt just conjure it up like a freakin wizard.
this is normally the greatest dream control method, because it will be so similiar to waking life (minus the guns, wings, and giant lizard) that it will be nearly if not clearer than you reading this message right now.
generally high lucidity, clear vision, pretty much the ideal dream.
but there is one key to all this:
INTENT.
intent is where you focus your belief into something that will happen (A.K.A. expecting it to really badly)
as in expected a vending machine full of grenades or something random to be around the corner when you walk around the corner.
like when you walk into your living room, grab the remote and sit down, you expect your tv to be there.
you know, that’d be wierd if it wasnt there.

11: that would be chalked up to these factors:
chance.
lucidity level.
dream reality.

Chance:
this definition is pretty obvious.

Lucidity level:
the overall focus that you have, if your completely conscious of whats going on, you know your dreaming, and that your about to be eaten by a sea monster, you’ve got great lucidity.
if your visions unclear, you hardly have any control of whats going on, and you dont really know whats happening, you’ve got bad lucidity.

Dream reality:
the overall realness of dreams, like i said before,
Active: dream GODLINESS/bad lucidity.
Passive: street warrior, general badassness/good lucidity.

sorry for the long post, had LOTS to explain :grin:

Since you’ve already gotten some answers, I’ll make mine short.

1) What senses/feelings do you have? You can see, and by reading on here and I guess you can hear. But can you feel something or smell something?
Yes

2) How long will a Lucid Dream last? Will it seem days, hours, minutes, or vary every time you do it?
Mine feel like minutes

3) How do you exit a Lucid Dream? I read somewhere that someone shouted “WAKE UP” super loud and they woke up, but that in the guide it said like “Increase Lucidity”, spin around, or grab on to something. If you keep doing this, could you stay in one like forever? Or is it like a non-lucid dream and you don’t remember the end?
When I LD, it feels like minutes. Even my most vivid dream turned into a ND because I didn’t focus enough. Getting caught up in the action does that.

4) Can you do anything “useful”? Like, one thread here asked if you could study in the dream. The guide said books and technology don’t work, so that means the the only thing you could really do is review what you already know so you won’t forget it?
Dreaming is created by your brain. You can’t know more than you know. Your SC processes what you study while you sleep, anyway (if you’re studying properly during the day) so I wouldn’t worry about it. Dreams are more useful in understanding personal symbolism and overcoming fears. (Ex: I make myself dream about spiders because I’m arachnophobic and I’d rather not be)

5) Are there any foods you can eat to increase the chance of having a LD? I saw the guide has a short list, but I was wondering if theres a bigger list or other activities you could do?
None have worked in my experience. Not enough to notice the difference. It’s probably a placebo effect. In my personal experience, I have the most vivid dreams (LD or otherwise) after spending a really busy and hectic day with friends. My mind tends to still be active even into sleep. But most importantly, RELAX. Forcing it will NOT work.

6) What happens if you die in an LD? woo My friend asked if you died in real life, like in Inception, but I doubt that. Do you wake up? Do you just not die? Does your perspective change?
Have you ever died in a ND? Same thing. Anything could happen. You might wake up, you might have a FA, you might go into some sort of afterlife, you might end up in another dream.

[spoiler](And in Inception, dying in a dream doesn’t kill you unless you’re so heavily sedated and within multiple dreams that being “dead” for a real-life hour seems like years and years. It’s not based on any fact I’m aware of. Probably just a plot device.)

Recall: in most dreams in the movie (besides the super-important one at the end) dying in a dream just wakes you up.[/spoiler]

7) Is it dangerous? Like, could you die of fear? Or do you not feel fear?
Only if you have a serious heart condition would you actually die of fear. In that case, LDs are the least of your concerns. But of course you might feel fear. Emotions are produced by the brain. So are dreams.

8 ) What’s the most useful RC? Or is there one? Which do you prefer?
Whatever works for you. My personal favorite is looking at my hands. But I’ve never gotten lucid from a RC (as far as I remember).

9) Another question like Inception, does your Dreamscape stay the same every time you visit it? Could you “build” something, then revisit it every time?
You could build something if you want, but it takes much more effort than you’d think. Unless you master WILD, you’re getting Lucid from a preexisting dream and you become aware in that setting. The easiest things to do are to either stay in the preexisting setting, or go through a door and (as I explain below) will some nearby door to take you to some other setting. Real life settings work best, as your brain has that “map” in exquisite detail already.

10) Okay, so how does materializing things work? After reading the guide, I believe it’s like this: If you say/think/want “If a gun doesn’t appear in my hand, someones gonna die.” nothing will happen. If you say/think/want "I’m going to open my desk drawer and a gun will be in it.
I do it by closing my eyes and simply willing something to be there. Simple as that. If you think/stress about it too much, it probably won’t work.

11) How “precise” is the dream? Is it super detailed, or fuzzy and blurry?
TOTALLY depends. My first LD was extremely vivid, lifelike in its detail. My most recent one was as fuzzy as a typical dream. Just as normal dreams differ, so do lucid dreams.

1) What senses/feelings do you have? You can see, and by reading on here and I guess you can hear. But can you feel something or smell something? It feels like it does in real life for me. I can smell, I can feel. In fact, when I LD I feel like my senses get hightened and more accurate.

2) How long will a Lucid Dream last? Will it seem days, hours, minutes, or vary every time you do it? It varies for me. I’ve had one that felt like moments and another that felt like hours.

3) How do you exit a Lucid Dream? I read somewhere that someone shouted “WAKE UP” super loud and they woke up, but that in the guide it said like “Increase Lucidity”, spin around, or grab on to something. If you keep doing this, could you stay in one like forever? Or is it like a non-lucid dream and you don’t remember the end? You can’t stay lucid forever; your REM cycle will eventually end. I’ve been really scared once because I kept having FAs and not really waking up. To wake up I whispered “wakeup wakeup wake up wake up… ect.” That worked. I find that spinning helps me stay longer.

4) Can you do anything “useful”? Like, one thread here asked if you could study in the dream. The guide said books and technology don’t work, so that means the the only thing you could really do is review what you already know so you won’t forget it? I guess you could reveiw what you know, but you don’t know more than that.

5) Are there any foods you can eat to increase the chance of having a LD? I saw the guide has a short list, but I was wondering if theres a bigger list or other activities you could do? I can’t help you there, I’ve never tried that.

6) What happens if you die in an LD? :woo: My friend asked if you died in real life, like in Inception, but I doubt that. Do you wake up? Do you just not die? Does your perspective change? My sister has died several times and she just wakes up.

7) Is it dangerous? Like, could you die of fear? Or do you not feel fear? LD-ing isn’t dangerous.

8 ) What’s the most useful RC? Or is there one? Which do you prefer? I prefer the nose RC and the finger through the palm RC.

9) Another question like Inception, does your Dreamscape stay the same every time you visit it? Could you “build” something, then revisit it every time? I’ve never tried this, but my house is very different.

10) Okay, so how does materializing things work? After reading the guide, I believe it’s like this: If you say/think/want “If a gun doesn’t appear in my hand, someones gonna die.” nothing will happen. If you say/think/want "I’m going to open my desk drawer and a gun will be in it. I’ve never tried that yet, so idon’t know.

11) How “precise” is the dream? Is it super detailed, or fuzzy and blurry? It depends. Sometimes my vision is perfect and vivid while other times I can barely see.

Lots of answers here already. Just please keep in mind that most answeres are based on personal experience :smile: Not that they are wrong or anything. These things may vary from person to person and from dream to dream. Dreams aren’t completely understood yet, so many topics are up for debate and philosophical/spiritual interpretations.

Good luck!