EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

The forgotten art of flying in waking life

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
46
Posts: 2510
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 05 Mar 2015
 
The forgotten art of flying in waking life
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

<mod>moved from beyond dreaming moogle </mod>

I had a long dream lastnight where I was flying, and showing off. It felt so natural. I allmost feel like if I had enough faith I could do it in real life. Anyone have those before. Maybie the feeling is caused, because we were once birds in a previous life, or who knows maybie we really can all fly. Maybie there is much to life being a dream. Oh well Im off to jump from a ten story building. Wish me luck. Just kidding.


back to top
Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover
28
Posts: 2008
Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Last Visit: 05 Dec 2010
Location: Too far from the Ocean.
 
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

You can fly in dreams, because they're simply that, dreams. Dreams are only limited by your imagination.

Sorry, but no amount of faith will help you fly in real life.

Unless you want to die, I wouldn't advise jumping of a ten story building.



Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
back to top
lifeDreamer
Somniologist
Somniologist
27
Posts: 192
Joined: 07 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 26 Jun 2018
LD count: 3
 
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Yeah, I've had flying dreams like that before, showing off like I am superman or something. The thing is though, each time I fly in my dreams there is always a big obstacle in the way of me being able to fly high. I don't know what it is. One time I was flying by my town houses and the people below looked up at me like I failed to impress them. It was kind of fun though because I said "I've never been this high before" and a guy by a tree just smiled although he looked like a girl too. lol.
Maybe the thing with flying is, we want to feel free when flying. Flying is like some sort of freedom beyond being able to do the normal stuff or other supernatural things in dreams. Maybe it is that flying takes us to places faster so we are able to gain lucidity faster. The question is, why fly in a dream when you can build a story of adventure and make dream friends and...well become a fantasy in your dream. (if you get what i mean). Why not fulfill desires we want in real life that we might not or cannot achieve. I think the whole idea behind this is that we don't want to connect to real life and we want to find a desire that is worthwhile beyond what we want in real life. Maybe we are beings that are put into real life so we can find are Eidolons or our plural astral images, are dreams, our true desires so we can become again.

I have this whole idea behind life that this is not our only body and to be able to achieve are dreams we have to experience below what we are capable of because a lot of people are not natural gifted with fantastic supernatural powers. Life beyond death always gets me though. and flying is part of the idea when it comes to life after death. I wonder if we are training for some sort of flight after we pass or maybe we are relating to some sort of paralell experience that we want to go to. hmmmm.



Current LD goal(s): To find a technique that works for me
back to top
Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
27
Posts: 4392
Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Last Visit: 01 May 2017
LD count: Loads of them
Location: lost
 
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Hello kava bye Ive had that feeling when I woke up that I still can fly, actually I get a bit disappointed when I find out that I cant because once I start to fly in dreams it feels so natural and relaxing as if the ability always has been there ^^


Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
back to top
lifeDreamer
Somniologist
Somniologist
27
Posts: 192
Joined: 07 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 26 Jun 2018
LD count: 3
 
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

working class hero wrote:
You can fly in dreams, because they're simply that, dreams. Dreams are only limited by your imagination.

Sorry, but no amount of faith will help you fly in real life.

Unless you want to die, I wouldn't advise jumping of a ten story building.


When you say imagination is limited by us, I know this is very true because IRL it seems as though we don't have enough experience with using are imagination. We are stuck during the day thinking about other things, hopes, worries, and possible the end of the road, death. We are very limited in our imaginations, period. we don't get enough time during the day to create our own stuff in our heads. I wonder what it would be like if we did...

I heard about this one case on talk radio or something, a mental inpatient thought he was superman, and because of that he would touch a part of a very high ceiling that nobody else could reach or try to touch. I think a lot of what we want to do in dreams is limited by our mentality too. This whole idea behind the inpatient was what part of his mind or brain made him to this?



Current LD goal(s): To find a technique that works for me
back to top
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
46
Posts: 2510
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 05 Mar 2015
 
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

GHOSTIE11 wrote:
Hello kava bye Ive had that feeling when I woke up that I still can fly, actually I get a bit disappointed when I find out that I cant because once I start to fly in dreams it feels so natural and relaxing as if the ability always has been there ^^


Yea I woke up with the same dissapointment that I couldnt really fly.


back to top
BeRightBack
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BeRightBack has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
39
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2012
LD count: 73
Location: Holland
 
PostPosted: Sun 29 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

I'd never remembered any flying in dreams before, but since I've read on this forum that people could fly in dreams, I have now dreamed about flying twice. It feels extremely natural indeed. Even so natural that I discarded the thought that it couldn't be real, so it had to be a dream (and there for didn't become lucid sadblauw ).

back to top
avizdreamin
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
30
Posts: 94
Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Last Visit: 10 Nov 2019
 
PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Quote:
When you say imagination is limited by us, I know this is very true because IRL it seems as though we don't have enough experience with using are imagination. We are stuck during the day thinking about other things, hopes, worries, and possible the end of the road, death. We are very limited in our imaginations, period. we don't get enough time during the day to create our own stuff in our heads. I wonder what it would be like if we did...


i cant tell you how much i relate with your thoughts...most of the things we usually do are just simple, stupid n devoid of imagination..i totally get your point when you say we rather should not try to fly but i think once in a while it could be refreshing...the central idea of your LDs though should be something meaningful..something you can learn from...

i flew once but only with the help of a dream figure...i tried to jump into air a couple of times...having failed miserably, i then asked a dream figure if he thinks i could fly...holy angel he nodded his head, n that ushered my confidence to no limits n i flying like a superman...but after a while i got a bit bored, n with that slight feeling ended my flight n i got back to ground...

I think thats how it goes on in RL...you need an inspiration to let your imagination flow beyond all bounds..i've seen some brilliant people who are inspired by love, happiness, nature n all that crap..they take imagination to all new levels n get so many creative things done that i feel so small in front of them...but i guess i just have to be optimistic enough to seek my own inspiration cuz imagination does exist in real life also, for its the same mind that functions in either domain, be it RL or those dreams..i would advise the same to everyone..

except for the superman thing grin ...cummon that comes under physical limitations..



Current LD goal(s): Deep conversation with a dream figure...
back to top
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
46
Posts: 2510
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 05 Mar 2015
 
PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Ooops I ment to put this in stuff dreams are made of. I just saw dream,and posted. Anyway when I had this dream it felt so amazing. I was in a gym showing people that I could really fly. I allso dreamed something about the movie.. "The boy who could fly" I really do believe, and I know it sounds nuts, but we can fly it is just locked away in our brain. I think if we are here long enough that we will get to the point where we will evolve, and be able to fly somehow. Have you ever seen the movie "Last mimzie" where there flying at the end of it. When I had this flying dream it did indeed feel natural, but Ive had alot of dreams about other paranormal things like moving things with my mind that allso felt really natural. Maybie we dream of these things, because it is drawing from a collective conciousness from things we could do long ago.

back to top
BeRightBack
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
BeRightBack has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
39
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2012
LD count: 73
Location: Holland
 
PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Kava wrote:
Ooops I ment to put this in stuff dreams are made of. I just saw dream,and posted. Anyway when I had this dream it felt so amazing. I was in a gym showing people that I could really fly. I allso dreamed something about the movie.. "The boy who could fly" I really do believe, and I know it sounds nuts, but we can fly it is just locked away in our brain. I think if we are here long enough that we will get to the point where we will evolve, and be able to fly somehow. Have you ever seen the movie "Last mimzie" where there flying at the end of it. When I had this flying dream it did indeed feel natural, but Ive had alot of dreams about other paranormal things like moving things with my mind that allso felt really natural. Maybie we dream of these things, because it is drawing from a collective conciousness from things we could do long ago.


I don't think so. If the feeling is derived from a collective conciousness, you'd expect all people that learned to dream lucid and fly by their selves (without reading about it on internet), that they would all fly the same way. However, that's not the case. Some fly like superman, some move their arms, others glide like an eagle, some sit on a broom and others simply swim through the air in their dreams.


back to top
ZeRo Bx
New member
New member
25
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Last Visit: 01 Sep 2010
LD count: 2
 
PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

working class hero wrote:
You can fly in dreams, because they're simply that, dreams. Dreams are only limited by your imagination.

Sorry, but no amount of faith will help you fly in real life.

Unless you want to die, I wouldn't advise jumping of a ten story building.
Actually we can fly, airplanes and helicopters should do the trick. Now you might say "Well can you fly without those?" well can a bird fly without it's wings?
Now if a person really believes they can fly and TRULY believes they can fly then they can fly and you can't say "no they can't" because it's a fact to them and if through there vision they are flying then they are flying and if through your vision he isn't flying then only you perceive it as him not flying.
Just like dreams are limited to your imagination, so is real life.
Man imagined to fly one day, they got the airplane.
Man imagined to communicate world wide they got cellphones and the internet
Man imagined to broadcast images world wide they got the television and cable
And you can see where i am going with this.

I do agree though that FAITH alone will not get you to fly.


back to top
Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover
28
Posts: 2008
Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Last Visit: 05 Dec 2010
Location: Too far from the Ocean.
 
PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

I was trying to explain the differences between the dream world, and waking life.

Sorry, but you can't "Up and fly" in real life, without the aid of machines. Sure, you can say that man's imagination let us fly in real life, but that's besides the point.

There are physical limits in this reality of ours. There are none in the dream world.

In a dream, you're a god. In waking life, you fall short because there are physical limitations. We're subject to unyielding laws.



Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
back to top
Shadow Dreamer
Flying Away
Astral Explorer
Shadow Dreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Posts: 370
Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2014
LD count: Not enough.
Location: I am out there... somewhere.
 
PostPosted: Tue 31 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

I've had that feeling. It may seem silly, but I have tried to fly in real life. Just to see if I could... but alas, I never did. sadblauw

back to top
Nya
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
29
Posts: 57
Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Last Visit: 25 May 2011
LD count: 0.5
 
PostPosted: Tue 31 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Shadow Dreamer wrote:
I've had that feeling. It may seem silly, but I have tried to fly in real life. Just to see if I could... but alas, I never did. sadblauw

um... o_O



Current LD goal(s): something nice and bloody ^_~
back to top
lifeDreamer
Somniologist
Somniologist
27
Posts: 192
Joined: 07 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 26 Jun 2018
LD count: 3
 
PostPosted: Tue 31 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

avizdreamin wrote:
Quote:
When you say imagination is limited by us, I know this is very true because IRL it seems as though we don't have enough experience with using are imagination. We are stuck during the day thinking about other things, hopes, worries, and possible the end of the road, death. We are very limited in our imaginations, period. we don't get enough time during the day to create our own stuff in our heads. I wonder what it would be like if we did...


i cant tell you how much i relate with your thoughts...most of the things we usually do are just simple, stupid n devoid of imagination..i totally get your point when you say we rather should not try to fly but i think once in a while it could be refreshing...the central idea of your LDs though should be something meaningful..something you can learn from...

i flew once but only with the help of a dream figure...i tried to jump into air a couple of times...having failed miserably, i then asked a dream figure if he thinks i could fly...holy angel he nodded his head, n that ushered my confidence to no limits n i flying like a superman...but after a while i got a bit bored, n with that slight feeling ended my flight n i got back to ground...

I think thats how it goes on in RL...you need an inspiration to let your imagination flow beyond all bounds..i've seen some brilliant people who are inspired by love, happiness, nature n all that crap..they take imagination to all new levels n get so many creative things done that i feel so small in front of them...but i guess i just have to be optimistic enough to seek my own inspiration cuz imagination does exist in real life also, for its the same mind that functions in either domain, be it RL or those dreams..i would advise the same to everyone..

except for the superman thing grin ...cummon that comes under physical limitations..


I have the same thoughts when it comes to imagination. I feel very limited within my own imagination but maybe that is because I'm not letting go of some of the past and my feelings that get in the way. I'm just trying to figure out how i can let the fade away so I can finally fly in my dreams.



Current LD goal(s): To find a technique that works for me
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~