Why can't the sky be pretty?

I had another LD last night (that I could remember), so I ran outside and looked at the sky 'cause I wanted to see the “beautiful sky” that everyone else sees. Grey sky and gray clouds greeted me. After getting mad and blinking and looking away and focusing a lot I eventually got the sky to darken and grow stars. I went somewhere else in my frusteration, then looked up against later after yelling at it to be pretty and guess what I got? I got a red and orange sky, but one that was painted on. It was a paining I had seen before, a painting I had in my room containing an indian looking at a sunset. I am very, very frustrated. Why aren’t my skys pretty?

On a side note: This was the first time since I found this site that I went to bed saying “Don’t have an LD, you have better things to be doing then rushing online and talking about it.” My subconscious is so freaking belligerent…

My sky wasn’t pretty too, when I looked.

Remember that mostly only people with pretty skies will mention it. Try shouting colours at it, or doing similar stuff. Maybe you could make a box which is meant to make time go fast then enter it… see the days flashing past your eyes :smile:

I’ll bet that will just result in a big grey cloudy sky that flashes on and off like a light…

I also looked to the sky on my dream once… there was no sky… just a gray “nothingness”. Maybe next time ill get a pair of crayons and just paint the sky as i want :tongue:

In the one (of two) LDs I had, I looked up in the sky. It seemed lower down then usual. It was purple and amber entwined. Like two different coloured (but thick) mists swirling into each other. It looked cool, but it made me feel uncorftable…

Anyways, my advice to you would be to try and go to a different place. Go through a mirror or summit. Can’t find a mirror? Make one (with the large amount of people saying mirrors are rare in the dream world, I really am surprised no one has thought to make one…).

Maybe say to yuor self, ‘increase lucidity’. I dunno how it’d help, but it might :tongue:.

Hmmm, when I look to the sky in LD’s it’s always awesome…

In one of the LD’s where i actually got out of the pitch black house (cuz they almost always are FA but im lucid starting out) well before i got out of the house i had wanted to get out, and looked at the side french-door we got and saw that there were luminous thunderclouds gathering (the only source of light) so i wanted to go see what was over there, got out the front door, saw that the sky was red and hazy-like…never seen anything like it, did not know where to go so i decided to walk down my street between the two cloud directions but ended up losing lucidity and freaking out cuz a bunch of animals were gathering and standing there.

As for suggestions on sky manipulation im not too good at manipulation but maybe you could try to look at the sky and move your hands in it like you were mixing water or something, or you could think about some weird crazy weather and see what brews.

Yea, I could have just messed with it, but then it would be something I had made, rather than being some sort of weird cool dredged up vision.

I guess I’ll mess with it next time, but again, I wish it just was… :sad:

Try expecting it to look cool before you go to sleep. I dunno if it’d help, but expecting seems to work with LDing. You never know :cool:.

Agreed. Often I see moving layers of multicolored clouds in front of large planets, stars and other strange astral effects. At night, sometimes looking straight up at the stars can totally disorientate me, causing them to move around and form patterns.

I think it depends on how much attention you’re paying to your visual perception. Each of your senses in an LD works only to the level of your concentration. The more you focus on one of them, the more sensitive it’ll become. Occasioanlly I’ll stop, and stare at an object until my vision is enhanced enough to see even the smallest details.

How silly of me to never look at the sky in my LDs. It had never crossed my mind until now. But then again, maybe that’s because 90% of the time, my sky is always black. The only cool sky-related image I’ve seen is when the sky was red and boiling and that was due to my novadreamer going off.

i think the best idea would be to have a positive mind in your LD’s. another would be (as i said many times before) expectancy. dont try to visualize a beautiful sky but instead, before looking up, expect it to look beautiful.

it’s always a clear nighttime in my lucid dreams. Sometimes I can solve this by concentrating on making the sun rise. (always rises everywhere but from the east heheheh) I never know what to expect from my sky, it always seems to change each dream… but mostly it’s dark.

You know what, if I have to MAKE the sky look pretty to have it be, I might as well make everything else pretty while I am at it.
I wonder what an exceptionally pretty street would look like, or an exceptionally pretty cow.
If I have the chance, I’m going to see what I can make pretty, then report back :tongue:

I remember one time I looked at the sky in a LD, and it was a clear blue sky, but straight above me, the colors faded off into a large black vortex in the sky. It was a pretty odd sight, but still very cool.

The last LD I had was only a couple of seconds. After noticing something odd in the way the wave were breaking at the beach I realisd it was a dream so to see how much power I had in the dream world (I have had only a few short LDs) I looked up at a completely normal blue sky and calmy used thought to change it to a night sky and it did so instantly - it became a clear, navy blue sky filled with pure, brilliant white sparkling stars and a bright white moon. Then I let it go back to daytime and I walked off and forgot I was dreaming but even thought the sky looked like it really does, it was really clear and beautiful.

My advice would to be not to demand anything, but to just to expect it to do what you want. If it doesn’t do what you expect you probably wont do any good argueing with it, maybe try asking it…

The thing is the sky won’t be beautiful evry time you look at it. Some times it’s pretty and sometimes it’s not.

I have some beautiful skys but the ugliest ones too.
Just keep on trying and you’ll see it eventually. :smile:

Thats what I did. I couldnt find a mirror, so I took my two hands and ripped one in the ground. Just as I was about to jump in and see what was on the other side…my fridge in my dorm turns on and wakes me up. :cry:

I have always had beautiful skies in my dreams. Alot of times they are night though. I have to concentrate pretty hard while screaming “SUN COME UP” to brighten things up.

I remember one vividly from months, maybe years ago.

I could probably paint it, but i’ll just describe it.

It consisted of a dark, rusty almost maroon color. It was night. Huge planets with vivid craters like a painting. There was a ring of reddish clouds … HUGE. The sky was absolutley huge. It was seen from my back porch as I remember. There where actually clouds around in the middle of this huge “ring” with buildings and planets around, mixed with stars and spaceships speeding about. And while all this was going on, shooting stars actually shot down and swam through my backyard. It was absolutely amazing.

I’ve also had dreams similar to this where the sun and it’s flares where within feet of my face. Absolutely breathtaking.

I guess my artistic nature comes out in my dreams. I’ve rarely had a boring one :slight_smile:

later
Ash

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. Do you mind if I copy what you just wrote in a notebook and re-use it later ?

I am very sensitive to colours, they are like candies to my eyes, and I will only do colour photography, never B&W. I had several dreams in my life where I had very intense colours (blue, deep blue, glowing green) and shades soothing me or making me feel exctatic. No such things in my lucid dreams yet, unfortunately : |
A few days ago I had a normal dream where I was able to control everything with a magic dragon, and he took me to Beijing where there was a magnificient square, at night, lit in blue and yellow, and people were hang-gliding close to the surface of a decorative glass structure that was suspended above the square.

Michael