Ok guys, I need some huge help with Wild...

I just don’t get it. I can’t get it to work. Check this out.

Last night I didn’t intend to do it but I did anyway. I didn’t budge AN INCH for at least 30 minutes. Now the problem is ALWAYS this. I start seeing HI and hear sounds, I’ll snap out of it slightly but they’ll come back. Now. After a while of this happening, usually sleep paralysis sets in but it doesn’t. Its like I see too strong of HI, but no SP. Well. At this point, it feels like the HI have stopped, but I’m instead just in one big daze which I guess is kinda being in a dream(ish) state, yet I feel like I’m not seeing any HI at all. Now this is where the uncomfortable feeling comes in. I know there’s supposed to be a mind check to see if you’re asleep so it can shut down your body, the turn signal or whatever it’s called. Well, it’s a huge discomfort and I think it might be that. But after it passes I don’t go into SP. It keeps happening for 15-20 minutes more. Now, time is a blurr at this point, and if I decide to start moving (which I usually do) usually 30 minutes or so have past which felt like seconds. The problem is, this uncomfortable feeling KEEPS GOING and not having the feeling that I’m seeing HI anymore, I feel like I’m going no where. Is it normal for the roll over signal to last for a while before SP is engaged? I felt like I was in a slight state of SP but if I moved my fingers I clearly realize I can move my entire arm right away if I want to. Maybe I just need to wait longer but I already take so much time waiting.

So as a recap. See HI, don’t move, stronger HI, go into a ‘daze world’. HI seems to stop, but I could also describe it as always being in this dreamy state. Uncomfortable feeling, doesn’t go away, no SP. I give up. Having said that, at that point, it is SO tough to fall asleep after that. It’s like I’m in a constant state of wanting to dream but my body wont shut down, and my mind wont shut down either so getting to sleep is tough. Help?

I recommend not focusing/worrying too much about each phase. It is not necessary to be aware of HI or SP to WILD. I’ve WILD’ed by lying there, getting a funny feeling and simply rolling into the dream, without seeing any HI or feeling any SP.

Expecting and analizing too much the process can get in the way sometimes. To WILD you have to let go and let it happen. If you are able to see HI I would recommend simply watching them passively and let them evolve (it may be a bit tricky to not get too envolved and falling into a ND :tongue:). Forget about your body. If the HI fades, let it fade and keep looking as more will come. Forcing HI to stay or change isn’t usually very good as HI can be really unstable at first. After a while, when you get the feeling the HI is vivid and stable enough you can start slowly interacting. Start gently looking around, focusing on different parts of the image. Then maybe start rubbing your hands or even objects. Like this the dream is able to grow around you. If you focus too much on your body it can get a bit hard to do that… I also get a really strong roll over signal and end up giving in :sad: It probably doesn’t even matter, you have to transfer your awareness into an imaginary body that will then evolve into a dream body… Hope that makes sense :tongue: good luck!

Are you doing it in the evening? That is usually the hardest time.
Set your alarm clock to wake you up 4 hours after you fall asleep. Don’t think about the WILD when falling asleep, just pretend you’re falling asleep as you always do. And when you wake up, turn of your alarm clock with your hand and start the WILD :smile:
I’ve been trying this for 3 nights now, but i seem to fall asleep too easy :razz:

Of course I’m not doing this in the evening XP I do it at night, but I’m not so ‘SUPER TIRED’ that I just wanna sleep. I could to WBTB technique but it’s a long shot to see if I go into a dream or just go back to sleep. The only time it’s ever worked for me is after I just woke from a dream and went back into another one, and to set a time when I usually dream is a long shot. If I haven’t had a dream that night, I doubt its going to happen. Maybe that’s another thing is that I simply wont go into dream if I haven’t dreamt yet.

Maybe I just focus too much of it. Heh, gotta work sometime.

i think this is the problem here. its almost IMPOSSIBLE to WILD at night. it has to be done in the early morning, and even better with WBTB. even though it sucks getting up early in the morning for WBTB, it pays off well. when i try, i wake up at 6 15 am and stay up for 45 minutes and it usually works for me.

Well then Wilds are impossible apparently cuz you have to sleep first. WBTB seems to be the only way then.

i second that…WILD works in mysterious ways…some of the times, when you put a hell lot of effort, all you get is even more frustration…n on other times, it just happens with so much ease you feel like you have totally mastered it…
i remember one time when i had spent around 3 hours lying on bed with around 4-5 WILD attempts with sense of vibrations, slight faded imagery with no concrete results…by the end i was so disturbed that i could not sleep even though my body was utterly exhausted…

i can only say that you dont get to WILD but WILD gets to you…

so just keep trying…dont push too hard…stay calm…give an attempt or two…if it does not work then just say to yourself, ‘perhaps its not the day’ n go back to sleep…