Hmmm? Weird.

Hey!

I’ve had 3 lucid dreams in the past 7 days (wow!).

Number one:
I’m on a road. A car drives over me, and I die.
I suddenly wake up in my bed, in my room (like normally, right).
Surroundings seem realistic, but I notice my sister being in my room, looking at me with white glowing creepy eyes. I realized I was dreaming, but it didn’t click to me. I was pretty scared of her. She didn’t move or anything, she just looked at me with those weird eyes. I went near the light switch to perform a reality check.
Here’s what happened:
I flipped the lightswitch, the light slowly (I mean really slowly) started to gather around the lamp. Finally it stopped, but there was actually no light in the room. The lamp was lit, but it didn’t make my dark room easier to see.
— from this point i remember nothing —
I woke up for real.

Number two:
I’m outside my summerhouse (yard). I look around. I kind of know that I’m dreaming, but it doesn’t click to me. As in all of my lucids, for some reason, my head feels kind of light and dizzy. I look up, and see some kind of a floating wooden island. On the “island”, there is a girl that goes to my school. She’s looking at me, but I don’t care. It’s a dream. I try to fly, and I actually manage to do it. I fly over the fences, onto the neighbors yard. The landing was painful, I crawled. And then I suddenly woke up. [It wasn’t really flying, it was like a super-jump of somekind]

Number three:
I wake up at my summerhouse (IN the summerhouse). I again, know that I’m dreaming (somehow), but it doesn’t CLICK to me. And again, there is my sister, with those white glowing eyes. She was following me through the house, where ever I went. I sat on the chair. My family was eating dinner or lunch (I don’t know). There was a juice container. And I thought - “maybe I could enlarge it”. And I managed to do that. I made the container huge, poured some juice in the glass.
I looked at my sister, freaked out and woke up.

The questions:

• Why do I keep having these weird nightmares? (number one and three)
  • Why is my sister evil, with glowing eyes?
  • Every morning, I eat this kind of cereal. It says there it’s high in vitamin B6 (i’ve read it’s supposed to boost the vividness of your dreams, helps get lucid). And when I started eating it, I got lucid dreams at nights (what I described above there). One day, I didn’t eat it, and did NOT get lucid. Is vitamin B6 the key?
  • My head feels really light, dizzy, spinny - when I’m lucid. Why?

If you read all this, please, please - leave a reply.

Thank you!!
Feel free to ask any kind of questions.

Oh, and also. I haven’t used any techniques. I just went to bed, tried not to move, and fell asleep.

Mine too, at least during both of the LDs I’ve had so far. Personally, I’m chalking it up to a low level of lucidity, as well as being a beginner and not having the kind of control that, I hope, will come with more experience.

Sorry to just focus on one line of your post, but it’s all I feel qualified to reply to. :tongue: Congrats on your LDs!

Thanks for replying! These dreams also were low lucid ones. Well, not low. I could say medium. I didn’t have complete control, but I could still do stuff.

I am bumping this thread. I still need answers!

@chrisboy

I hope I can help you a bit with this post!

1. Your sister
    What you’ve experienced in dream one and three is called a false awakening. it seems you wake up, but your actually not. It’s reported often that creepy images accompany false awakenings. I myself always see an alien when I have a false awakening. At first it scared the hell out of me. Now it’s just normal… I named him Bob. :wink:
    Why the creepy images are in the form of your sister I don’t know. Dream symbolism is very personal. Try to write down on paper what your sister means to you, what does she symbolise for you? That might give you an answer.
    And to quote Sigmund Freud freely: “sometimes a sister is just a sister”.

2. Your mind
    When you are lucid, there are no limits. “If you will it, it is no dream”…
    You should not be able to feel anxious of painful when you don’t want to. You can change anything you want into anything. I reccomend you learn some techniques to control your LD environment.

3. Food
    I do not believe food has any influence at all on dreams or vividness. It’s all in your mind.

I do have a question for you: can you explain what you mean with “it does not CLICK?”.

Cheers,
Thor

Thanks for all the advice, Thor.
Can you tell/teach me some of the techniques to control my LD environment?
Oh, and I haven’t had another LD since I posted this thread… :sad:

// “It does not CLICK” – What I mean by this, is that I know that I’m dreaming, but I quite don’t get the full control over the dream. I know that I’m dreaming, but I can’t quite say to myself: “I’m dreaming!!” //

Try visualizing that you become lucid and see her and you remember “I should ask my sister why she looks like that in my dream”. It’s your dream, so you can just ask her. Most likely she will give a retarded answer or just keeps staring, like most DC’s do, but it’s mostly just a matter of taking control and realizing it’s all just a dream. If your lucky you’ll get an interesting answer in return.

- Why do I keep having these weird nightmares? (number one and three) It could possibly be a recurring dream. Perhaps you can look up meanings in a dream dictionary (google it, theres tons!). Or, you can really analyze the dream to figure out what it means. I personally feel dreams are reflective of what we are experiencing in real life. Your sister is probably a symbol for something else.
- Why is my sister evil, with glowing eyes? Same as the above. Your sister is probably a symbol for something you feel or are experiencing.
- Is vitamin B6 the key? I think it is the key because you believe it is the key. The placebo effect is (in my opinion) taking place. I personally don’t think that supplements help people to LD.
- My head feels really light, dizzy, spinny - when I’m lucid. Why? It’s probably just a low level of lucidity. Try taking a lucid pill or rubbing your hands together. That should help bring your awareness up.

EDIT: Oh, in the knowledge base there is a Dream Control Training Course with tons of information regarding manipulating dreams. :content:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for EVERYTHING Puffycloud! :happy:
I feel really sad I haven’t had an LD since I posted this thread (i don’t remember the exact date lol). But, really, thanks for everything! It’s great to see people so helpful!

Cheers!