Lucid dream inside a dream

I was reading through the forum about lucid dreams, and I remembered something. When I was probably about 8 years old or so, I had a dream. I can’t remember much about it, except in the dream, I fell asleep, and had a dream. In the dream (In a dream), I realized I was dreaming, possibly because I was dreaming to begin with. I messed around for a while,nothing specific, before I woke up twice. Anyone have a similar experience?

Hope I made this in the right section, I’ve yet to see a similar thread >.>

Yes, that happens from time to time and several people have had LD’s this way, especially if they attempt WILD or MILD as they’re “falling asleep.” It’s sort of a reverse FA I guess.

Oh, thanks for clearing this up.

Yeah, I’ve had a very similar experience. Just one time though. It was a very jarring transition when I actually woke up and realized what had just happened.

I had exactly this a little while back. :smile:

These are my favorite because there is no lapse in consciousness between two dreams. Some of my most memorable and jarring lucid dreams started as a FA either to begin with or as a continuation of another lucid dream. A lot of my lucid dreams involve a transition from a normal dream into the slow realization that I’m dreaming but when I have a FA it all hits me at once and the hyper-realness of lucidity is even more jarring.

It wasn’t a lucid dream, but I’ve still had a dream inside a dream.

That’s how I had my first LD ^^ and I still have some of the kind every now and then. But I’m with Yves here, waking up for a second time can leave you pretty confused for a little while.

Never gotten an LD inside an ND, but Ive got an LD inside an LD :tongue: I did that as an experiment once, that once I got lucid I fell asleep and induced a new LD :tongue:

Ive tried WILD though in a few ND’s, but I never got into a new dream state :meh:

The same thing happened to me, I was sitting on a bus, and i knew it’d be a long ride (I’m in the dream at this point) And decide to try and WILD. And it worked XD But then i woke up after a few seconds.