LD4all Quest 59: meet an antropomorphic figure!

LD4all Quest 59: meet an antropomorphic figure!
Author: pasQuale

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Meet an antropomorphic figure!

Meet a what? An antropomorphic figure. That means, a personification of an abstract concept. Think father time, mother nature. More information here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropomorphism

I’m curious to the figures you want to meet and how the meeting turns out in your dream!

To earn your wings, meet an antropomorphic figure in your lucid dream. Have tea with them, ask them about the trouble in the world, or the secret to the best cookie recipy. Doesn’t matter. The important thing is to meet your chosen personification and report back on what their appearance was in your dream, and possibly what you discussed with them :smile:

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • meet an antropomorphic figure
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique
(WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• set your mind for this Quest.
  • ponder on who you want to meet.

If anyone has read the incarnation of mortality series by Piers Anthony, a different character was featured in each book. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnatio … mmortality

a conversation would be really interesting.

After having started to pick up Lucid Dreaming again just two weeks ago or so, I think now’s a good time to start on a new quest.

Meet an anthropomorphic figure, eh? I already know who I want to meet. It’s a character from my stories who’s actually human, but years ago I used to imagine him as an anthropomorphic panther. I can still recall what I thought he’d look like. Heck, if I meet his normal human form I’ll just ask him to transform for me.

This should be good LD practice!

I want to meet death in a dream.
:smile:

Definitly going to give this one a try providing I can remember it on the go. Would be an ideal opportunity to have a transformation trigger in some way.

The thing that caught my eye in the Wikipedia article was ‘plants’. I thought about the talking flowers from Alice in Wonderland and the tree from Pocahontas. I’ll try for that.

Yes! I did it! First it was a ‘normal’ dream, but then I realized that I had to do a RC, and I became lucid!
I met ‘the night’ I didn’t know how he/she looks like, so I wanted to meet her. Yes, it was a ‘her’.
She was very pale and she was wearing a long, stylish black dress. She had long straight black hair with stars in it. She had dark blue lips and she had a serious but friendly face. When she came the sky went dark en it became night.
She was really beautiful. I asked her why she excists and why she comes every night. She answered: ‘That is very easy, in the beginning there was all black. It was always night. But then my sister, ‘Day’ came in. I was so mad at her, why couldn’t it be black all the time? Our mother, mother nature, decided that we had to share our time. Now there is night and day. But she is still there when it’s night, she shines from the moon. And I am always there when it’s day, I am the shadow.’ And then she left and it became day again. It was a very special meeting.

wow, what a great dream, gaia! Almost like a myth or a fairy tale. Beautiful! And congrats on completing the Quest! (I don’t know how artistic you feel, but I would love to see a drawing of “Night” :smile: )

(@pasQuale) I paint a lot, actually ^^ I like to paint, and most of the time I get inspiration from DC’s or beautiful dream sceneries. Thanks for the tip, I’m going to paint a picture of her. But it’s going to be hard, she was so beautiful and I can’t draw that perfectly :smile: but I’m gonna give it a try !

that was awesome gaia! I also would like to see a painting :happy: Don’t worry about how identical it turns out… I’d be ok with a simple sketch :tongue:

Amazing Dream Gaia, I still have Yet to become Lucid, but after my first few lucid dreams, I will try 1 of these Quests. But I have a few things to do first Haha, Look at my Random List of LD Things to Do if you want. It’s in the Link Below ^^

(@ Vokteraven) yeah, you really should try to find your spirit guide :smile: i tried it a lot, but every time i seem to have another guide. Like one time it was an older woman with fire red hair, and another time it was a normal boy who said he was my older brother in my previous life, haha, maybe i have more guides :wink:

Hey everyone! I drew some pictures of “Night”! Here the link to my topic:
My creations
Hope you like it!

Very nice. I wish I could have a dream like that. :smile:

This is my first post.

In early April, I dreamed I was in a beautiful meadow and at the edge of the meadow saw a figure that I recognized as Gaia. She was a giantess, stunningly beautiful, with richly abundantly flowing coal black hair, otherwise her body was translucent blue and entirely liquid.

On seeing her I recognized that I was encountering an anomaly and was in a dream state. But did I go to meet her? No, I stepped into the air and began swim/flying across the meadow. It was lovely but now I believe it was an opportunity wasted.

This dream did leave a lasting impression. Before this dream “Gaia” was an abstraction to me. Now she feels far more real…

But…this dream occurred just a few days before the Deepwater Horizon explosion. I can’t help but feel I should have gone to meet her to find out why she was appearing in my dream.

AS to the quest - I will take this to bed with me - I feel inside me that I know whom I wish to meet probably not Gaia, but I have to leave the computer and go within to find out. I don’t have experience with this type o finduction but I can see the path to bring it about. - Musa

Welcome, musa! Beautiful Gaia dream!
Good luck on completing the Quest!

This should be easy enough since I see Sonic the Hedgehog pretty regularly. Let’s just see if I can pull it off in an LD…

Interesting Quest, I think Ill meet Death :razz:

I had a lucid dream last night.

One important person was a Japanese dream guide. And another was a small jaguar. If I’d remembered to think about the quest I’d have made them do a fusion dance or something lol. Instead I had to ask the dream guide about something else that happened right after I became lucid. Oh well.

Oh, neat, I like this one. :smile: Death is kind of a recurring character in my dreams, so I’ll see if I can hunt him down for another one. Though he doesn’t ever seem too interested in what I have to ask him.