Have you ever walked through a mirror?

if so what happend? last time i tried i bounced off and woke up.

I peeked my head into a mirror once.

I would describe the inside as cold, and metallic. It was very pretty, and trippy.

I did it once, in a lucid dream I had either one or two years ago. It was a mirror in a narrow nineteenth century style street and I was specifically looking for it after I became lucid.

When I stepped through, I felt really “thick” (as did the dream, it’s hard to explain). It was dark inside the mirror and I felt like I was floating and heavy. I woke up soon afterwards.

I have read you need to keep telling yourself you can do it and slowly edge your way in and not to get too excited. I don’t think you can just walk up to one and delve straight in, I think it needs alot of practice… Good luck and happy tipping !! x :wiske:

I think you can just jump right through with ease. The less time you givethe mind to doubt if you can do it, the bigger the chance of failing, because if you fear you’ll bounce back or get stuck it will probably happen.

I read that out loud a few times, and I think your theory has more logic than mine… I have never tried it EVER so I am not sure If mine would work anyway lol… I have read so many things It really is hard taking it all in and getting your facts right :smile: I hope one day I can free my mind enough to be able to do these things, I would like to go on a Roller Coaster in a LD cus there is no way hosay I would do it in RL let alone a ND hehe !xx

Well, try not to focus too much on everything you read. A big part of doing things in lucid dreams, including walking through mirrors and such, is the exploration, the experimentation of it all. That’s part of the fun!

You may think you control a lucid dream, but you don’t control the dream. You direct your focus in the dream and then stuff happens. But unexpected things will always happen, even in lucid dreams.

Offtopic: lucid roller coasters are a LOT of fun. :happy:

You never know what’s gonna happen in dreams, so why revel over it before trying? Just go with whatever the dream offers and be prepared for the unexpected :wink:

I did go through a mirror once, I went in a void of blackness and floated around a bit, until I found myself in another room, and the dream continued. But as I said, results vary greatly from person to person, and even from time to time, so you just have to know that it’s feasible :content:

I am excited I have to say, I bet I sound like a proper newbie :smile:

I wanna be up there with you guys experiencing it all…

I wll try to relax more and just go with the flow as they say :smile:
lol @ Lucid RollerCoasters , I’m gonna try and have 1 of them when I can even do a LD , Is it ok to still keep postin on my Journal here as well as in my diary?? :smile:

And thanks guys, you lot are ace and it is really nice to talk to people who know what they are o about, when I told people about my experience with an “Alien”, they laughed at me but I knew it happened So thanks guys, you been great :smile:

Of course, as long as you have the time for it. Last night I remembered 11 dreams, and I only wrote the 5 best ones down in my dream journal. The others are on a notepad in telegram style. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll likely start posting again in my DJ over here sometime soon (thought probably just the interesting dreams, mine tend to get very long and detailed).

I tried the other night, but once I was through I ended up in the exact same place I was when I tried to go through it. It’s like I just reset positions once I was through it.

Cool, I’ll only post if it bears some significance, exciting etc, nothing worse than reading about how I opened a tin of Baked Beans with my right toe whilst suspended in the air from a Cabin car :smile::):):slight_smile:

I can leave the boring stuff to my Paper n Pen

That’s actually pretty awesome! :lol: and welcome to ld4all :wave:

I think the only time I’ve made my way through a mirror completely I ended up in something like what Svenshinhan described. I know what you mean about the “thikness”!

Thankyou for welcoming me !!

I quite like it here, and last night when I was feeling sorry for myself lol I came on here til bout 5 am … You poor lot… what have you let yourself in for welcoming me !! hahaa :woo:

I’m awaiting my 1st LD but not gettin too wrapped up in wanting 1, I never get what I want ha !x

Ooo, When I have my first LD I want to do soo many things. But I fear I won’t be able to do them all. All about remaining calm for me :smile:.

So in the future “Jumping” Through a Mirror will definately be 1 of those goals. ^^ All this talk about feeling Thickness aswell I wonder how many people have felt this.

I dove through a mirror when I saw one in a lucid dream. It was on my to do list, but it was a mirror that was attached to a 3 sided structure. You know one of those things at a mall with either advertisements, or at a hotel with the map of the hotel on one side, a picture of a hotel restaurant on another. It was a smaller mirror, so I couldn’t step through it, so I took a little run and dove through it. It felt a little like liquid in energy, but then I landed inside the 3 sided structure, and ended up having to dive through it again to get out. LOL

I once realized I was dreaming in a bathroom, so I tried to go through the mirror that was hanging over the sink. No luck! My hand found the surface unyielding and hard as rock! :cry:

I have once, it was weird and I reached a dark room, then was kicked out from the dream :roll: