How much info in a mantra?

Hi, there! I have a question mantrawise. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn’t find it.

I am not sure what kind of information I should include in my mantras. Generally, I include in my mantra the following points:

1. I will dream
  2. I will realize I am dreaming
  3. I will remember my dream

I know point 1 is obvious, but I use it to “prepare” my mind and myself and raise dream-awareness.
Now, my first LD was triggered by a nose RC, so I was wondering if I should change point 2 for a “I will do the nose RC”, or maybe use both… Or use one when I have just gone to bed and leave the other for post-dream awakenings?

Any suggestions? :nerd_face:

It helps to keep generic, and supporting the mantra with some more specific examples, like saying “I will realize I am dreaming”, then seeing yourself doing a nose RC under various circumstances. This mainly because you never happen what’s going to happen in a dream, and as such you have to e prepared for every opportunity, but you can also partially influence the content with your examples :content:

Good luck with your lucid quest! :smile:

Well, first and foremost: do what feels most comfortable for you. Say the mantra that you have the most success with. This goes for all things LD-related: do what is best for you.

Saying that, I think you have to look at yourself as a person and try to determine what would work best for you. For example, if you need specific instruction to do school work, a job, etc., then you may want to create a mantra that is very specific. If you are more of a person that looks at the “big picture” and can holistically approach problems, you may not need to use specific phrases in a mantra.

Thanks, guys! I guess I’ll just try different approches until I find one that suits me.

:wink:

I actually tend to keep my mantra changing. I will usually say the same basic thing, but I’ll change the wording just so I don’t lose focus. Anythign works as long as you keep your intent in mind :content: