How many people here really have lucid dreams?

At least occasionally, I mean. I’m not asking whether you have a lot of them. I’m just asking whether you have them at least once in a while. Say, once every month or two.

The more I talk to people on the Internet about this, the fewer such people there actually seem to be.

Well, here it’s where people with the will to have them gather, so it’s safe to say the majority of us have them at least once in some months.
Go have a read at the DJ section and see for yourself :content:

I’ve rarely had any. Right now I’m practising my dream recall, which really isn’t that good. I almost only remember certain parts of my dream when I’m doing the WBTB method :meh:

Oh, I’ve been a member here for four years. I know what’s going on.

I think I started about 2 months ago and it did proof a lot harder than expected, but I’m still progressing. I’ve had 6 LD’s so far of which most were really short, but I also notice I still learn from my mistakes in my LD’s. Staying motivated, analyze your results, trying different techniques and getting enough sleep seem to be the key elements for success in my case. For instance, if I go to bed at 2am or don’t intend to remember my dreams it’s almost guaranteed that I don’t even remember a normal dream. Tricks to make me sleep less deep, like keeping the curtains open and waking myself up after about 5 hours and than going back to sleep seem to work as well.

Then why do you ask such questions? It’s not like half of us post fake LD’s just to grab a little attention :tongue: it wouldn’t nearly be worth the effort. So, the people posting LD’s in the DJ section effectively have LD’s, and probably a same number has them but doesn’t keep an online DJ here. So we are quite the number :content:

I don’t have LD’s. But I try to. But anyway, I’m just here to stalk your playground. :razz:

I have LD’s once in a while, yeah. Why didn’t you make a poll ? ^^"

When Im putting effort into it my average is atleast one, or two every week, but in the past two nights Ive been lucid and havnt even tried having them, and they have been long too. I saw the Astral hippies again two nights ago. They were helping me with a song.

Well, I would like for the people who have LDs to do a certain dreaming task that I have in mind. For anyone who has LDs, it would be a very easy task to do.

I won’t pester anyone with unsolicited PMs, so if you’d like to try it, then you can PM me.

this topic seems to be just spam for your old dreaming experiment in the lucid lab :tongue:

SPAM?? Wow, that’s not very friendly.

The thing is… NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO THE TASK!

Which is very curious.

What’s the experiment about?

So far I’ve only had four very short lucid dreams which probably isn’t a lot of use, but I’d be happy to try it once I improve dream control.

I just want to say, I’ve normally had a good multiple LD’s a month, but this year has been really hectic, so I’ve just broken from a 6 month dry spell.
Please note that I don’t post every LD in my DJ… just the miraculously stupid, horribly short, well timed, or really neat.

By rule, any topic made to promote another one is categorized as such, so don’t take it personally. :smile:

Used to have them almost everyday, then I quit for personal reasons, I was still getting them once in a while even though I quit, but now since I “started” again you could say that I am getting them once in a while. Some at will some just randomly ^^

I usually have them every week or two. IF you look at my LD count, right now you’d see 78. 63 of those are this year alone. Frequent LD’s are possible, just stick with it and they will come. It took me several years to understand it, but it’s been worth all that time :content:

I haven’t had a lucid dream in a long time. I just can’t seem to do it.

Two years ago, however, I used to have a couple every week. Sometimes a couple in the same night. Mostly DILDS.

It’s unfortunate, but at least I have crazy vivid, and lengthy normal dreams.

I think there could be a couple of good explanations for that other than concluding these people don’t have lucid dreams.

• Your experiment doesn’t attract peoples attention, because it doesn’t really say what it’s about and what you’re trying to proof. So the number of participants is lower than possible.

• Most people have very limited lucid time to spent per month, but have a long LD to do list. So if people are lucid only about 5-10 minutes per month and they want to learn how to fly or other fun stuff, they won’t be interested in participating in all quests and tasks on this forum, especially in ones that don’t explicitly state what the task is.

• Not all LD’s can be shaped into the correct circumstances for an experiment. For instance, if the experiment requires a DC, a bed, being outside etc. etc. it’s rather hard to shape your dream into a successful experiment if these elements aren’t already present. For instance, 2 nights ago I remembered a task from another experiment, which was retrieving a LD password, but there was nobody around in my dream to ask it, so it failed.

• Remembering LD tasks while dreaming seems to be harder than remembering things in waking life. In my LD’s I could only remember 1 (or even none) task on my to do list and often failed at executing them correctly. For instance, in one LD I spend most of my lucid time being intrigued by the feeling of being able to breath with my nose pinched. :shy:

• Your experiments seems to suggest it’s about proving/disproving whether LD’s/OBE’s are happening in a/the real world. Personally I believe they are just dreams and shaped in your head not by reality. For instance, if I have a false awakening and remember some clear details of my room (like which cloths are on top of the stack in the closet), then it doesn’t match reality when I wake up. For this reason I didn’t participate.

Many people have told me with great confidence that they could do the task. And when I give it to them, they tell me they’ll get back to me shortly with the results. But then I never hear from them again.

I don’t know how many people actually have lucid dreams, but the number is a lot smaller than it seems to be. And the ubiquitous claim that “anyone can learn to dream lucidly” doesn’t seem to be supported by any discernable facts.

I also think portraying it as something that can get you into an exclusive club of cool people doesn’t help anything. When someone says they’ve just had their first LD – or anyway they think maybe they did – they tend to be met with congratulations on joining the club.

As to what the task is, I don’t discuss that in public, for the obvious reason that I don’t want people to be able to compare notes.