Putting my friends into my LDs

I have had 3 LDs in which i have full control of my body. These have been exciting and worth the effort, but ive come across a problem. In my last LD, i was inside my house when my mother was shot, which caused me to believe i was dreaming and i became lucid. I did 2 reality checks and started flying as it was the first thing that came to mind. I soon grew tired of flying and tried to go somewhere else. i closed my eyes and thought hard about being in the clouds. I told myself i would be floating in the sky when i opened my eyes but when i did open them, nothing happened.
Then i tried to bring one of my friends into my dream. I tried a different method this time and told myself that when i turned this corner, she would be there. This was also unsuccessful. At this point i grew frustrated and quit. i woke up happy that i became Lucid, but also disappointed in my failure to control it.
Can anybody tell me if they have had this problem also and how to fix it?
Thanks.

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

Yes, I have also had this problem.

Simply conjuring things is difficult and requires a high degree of lucidity, but finding people or things is a much easier for your subconsciousness to accept. If you want to find an object look in your pocket, or maybe a drawer for it. If you want to find a person, call out to them and expect them to respond. This is the general advice, but it hasn’t always worked perfectly for me and I have a lot of work to do on my dream control.

On another note I would advise you to avoid closing your eyes in a dream. Every time I do that I open my actual eyes and wake up, usually I have to pry my eyes open with my fingers in the dream to keep it alive.

alright ill try calling out for a friend next time i go lucid. thanks:D

*Like said, call out to them.
*Open a door and expect them to be there.
*Call them on the phone and tell them to meet you.
*Find a random button, tell yourself it will summon your friend. Press the button.
*Just look for them, there’s a good chance they’ll show up if you keep thinking about them.
*Ask a DC where they are.
*A little more complicated, transform a DC into them.
*Go to a place where you would normally find them IRL.

i’ve found simple conjuring is both dangerous to the overall lucidity of things, and also just too much of a hassle to deal with.
you also dont want to close your eyes in an LD, unless absolutely necessary, closing your eyes with a general low lucidity level can cause you to fade, or fall back into a deeper sleep, ripping you out of the dream.

i’ve found simply “believing” isnt as simple as just believing.
it doesnt work for me.
and people then say “well all you have to do is believe!” like this is the city of oz.
i’ve found that “subconsciously wanting” things there works a lot better.
its called passive dream control, treat things like reality.
you want something, use some logical means of getting it, not act like a complete god and make things appear out of thin air.
like heading to what you believe is your friends house and dragging their sorry *** out of there.
you want powers, eat some pills, see where it leads you.
you wanna kill something?
grab gun from a conveniently located vending machine that just so happens to sell rifles.
see where im goin’ with this?