How many people here really have lucid dreams?

Again, anyone who has LDs every couple of months or so is welcome to PM me and try the task.

You can PM me if you want. I get lucid every 1 or 2 weeks now, so I could give it a try (I promise I won’t post on the forum what your experiment/task is)

Sorry to rain on your parade, but they surely could.
They ask for the task to be given to them, and from what it looks like, you give the same task to everyone. At that point, between the participants, since everyone knows about the task, it’s like it’s been released publicly among them, so why shouldn’t they be able to compare their experiences?

Come on. I’m not stupid. I don’t give everyone “the same task.” It’s possible that two people might get the same task, but they wouldn’t know who else might have gotten that task besides them. People who are participating also need to assume that I’ve done the task myself.

I have LD from time to time, about 2 or 3 in a week .

I had several this morning

I admire your persistance in persuing lucid dreaming! Don’t give up! I have found that by watching a few you tube videos of groups like Era, Gregorian, Sarah Brightman and other exotic videos or some medition vidoes with a lot of Gothic styles
prior to going to sleep this can be a carry over of the images and they can help with stimulating your mind.

your

I have LDs every few days. I had my record, 20, in august. I had my last one two nights ago

I have an idea Arne!
Why don’t you sign up for Tosxy’s LC #27? If you win you can set up LC#28 and create tasks for everyone, and you can see how it goes. :pharaoh:

OMG I laughed so hard at that. :rofl: Seriously, that’s one thing I hadn’t thought of in the slightest, caught me by surprise entirely.

It must be fun to be so easily amused. I don’t need to do that though. I’ve given these simple tasks to lots of people, and not one of them has been able to do them.

I gave one of them to a man who sells “lucid dreaming aids” over the Internet, and he assured me that he’d get back to me with the results “within a few days.” I e-mailed him more than a year later and asked him whether he needed more time, and he reacted by cursing and berating me. I found that to be very amusing.

I contacted another man who sells “lucid dreaming aids” over the Internet. He claims he spends “several hours every night” dreaming lucidly. And even though the task I gave him would have taken him only a few seconds to do, he claimed that he was “too busy” in his lucid dreams to do it.

arne, chill out. there are plenty of people who lucid dream regularly, you can’t use isolated examples. are you aware of sampling error? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_error) that’s what you’re getting. guess what, if I ask everybody in my family if they lucid dream regularly, they will all say no. does this mean that the entire world doesn’t LD regularly? NO, because a select few do not represent the whole population.

also, there is clear evidence on this board and IN THIS THREAD that there are people who LD regularly. are you aware of confirmation bias? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias)

I think Kauai’s challenge for you to join the LC challenge is perfect. people do follow those challenges, so if yours is official than people will try it.

I’m glad to have made you laugh Tosxy! Any time!
Arne, I was not kidding. Seriously, you are making your challenges sound creepy! I think it all depends on what it is you are asking people to do. The feeling I get is that you are asking people to do something in a lucid dream that goes against their nature. For instance: if you gave me the task of killing someone in my lucid dream, a simple task you might say, they are “just dream characters”, well I would never ever be able to do that. Anything amoral or just plumb mean, I would not be able to do. Any other simple task, if it doesn’t go against a person’s belief or ethical conviction, then yes, it should be feasible. Also take into account that unless it is a fun or interesting task, who would want to give up their lucid dreaming time to do this? It is a very precious time, which is for most people here very short, ranging from 1 to 5 minutes. So yes. post your request here for everyone to see, nothing macabre. I personally do not get what comparing notes has to do with just saying if someone was or was not able to do as you asked. :pharaoh:

Maybe you should change the title of this topic :B

It’s actually been a while since I stopped recording my dreams due to college etc. Yet I still have average dream recall and even have the odd LD. I even had 2 within the same week, long way off from mastering the art though.

There’s no way I’m going to post those tasks here. There’s nothing mean, unethical or illegal about them though. And as I said above, you can easily do any of them in a few seconds, if you actually have a lucid dream.

I didn’t set out to become the James Randi of lucid dreaming. That wasn’t my interest in it at all. It just happened on its own, as more and more people turned out to be unable to do any of the tasks. That was a big surprise to me, because I do have them, and I didn’t think they were any big deal.

There’s a fellow in the UK who charges people to come to his house, where he does something to them that supposedly gives them the ability to have lucid dreams. I don’t know what he does to them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something nasty.

I gave him a task almost a year ago and haven’t heard back from him. Maybe I’ll e-mail him and see how it’s going.

arne, you say: nobody is able to do my task, therefore nobody can dream lucid.

separate the two.

It’s your choice to keep your task secret but don’t come here and bash lucid dreaming ability. You are sounding very trollish and if this topic isn’t going into a more respectful direction soon, it will either be locked or removed.

Thank you pasQuale! :love:
You are allowed to say what I couldn’t.