EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

Bit nervous over prolonging LDs

Author  Message 
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Sounds impossible to me. I do my best to prolong dreams but i have never noticed anything like "oh the clock is much" after waking up from them. The longest prolongation (is that a word?) I have done is most likely less then 15 minutes physical time.

I have managed DEILD - waking up for seconds after a dream and return to a new one. If you manage to do that many times you can probably reach a noticeable effect on prolonging the total sleep time. Perhaps you can even reach a day. But someone will wake you up before that.

Stormrush
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 1 scary one:(

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

At the worst if all else fails to wake you, being Lucid you know you're dreaming but has anyone actually thought in a LD" hang on, I been here way too long" ??

You'd be enjoying the LD too much to care if you are awake surely, unless you are me and have really scary ones sadblauw

Current LD goal(s): 1 ------ would like 1 controlled one.
SteveO
Waiting the night...
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 16 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

This is absolutely impossibile, as many here have already said. First, you can't prolong your REM phase: you just prolong your lucidity period, so when the REM phase ends you'll end up waking up anyway. Secondly, your REM phase is very different from a coma state, and I don't see how they could think that you're in a coma while instead you are sleeping (you even move your REAL eyes in the REM phase).

arne saknussemm
Somniologist
Somniologist

If you really are worried, put a note on your end table that says, "Don't euthanize me. I'm dreaming lucidly."

Raswalt
Abducted Dreamer
Somniologist

arne saknussemm wrote:
If you really are worried, put a note on your end table that says, "Don't euthanize me. I'm dreaming lucidly."
hahaha, this is true^

Ninja
Somniologist
Somniologist
Scribes
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Mon 18 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

The note idea is a thing of pure genius! tounge2
No, I know its impossible, but I asked anyway (I'm not even good at prolonging LDs) because it was one of those things where eventhough you know it couldnt happen, you need someone to tell you its impossible before you believe it. So thank you.

And 2 pages? Wow, I didnt know the idea was so interesting!

print