Are you a natural? - Part I

I’m DEFINITELY a natural dreamer. Even if I’m not lucid, I’m able to do everything people often do while lucid. I am very powerful in my dreams and I have at least 4-7 dream sequences a night that become increasingly vivid as I record them.

However, when it comes to lucid dreaming, I am not much of a natural. I have to work at it and I’m working at it right now!

Used to be a natural, I could do what I wanted when I was a child (even realise I was dreaming too :cool_raz:)

After I started school my mind got too busy to control the dreams :razz: but sometimes when I feel for doing something I usually get such dreams and I still can make myself dream of dreams where I DILD myself lucid :tongue:

Idk… i seem to realize i’m dreaming out of nowhere a lot. but i lose it pretty quickly or just keep going along with what’s happening in the dream cuz i’m entertained already.

When I was young, I use to have a nightmare in which I realised at the uttermost scary part I was dreaming, because it all suddenly seemed really illogical. I noticed it could not be real. At that point I just chose to wake up. It always was a sudden sense of control over the situation. It was kind of a gut feeling, I just like that realised I could close my eyes and wake up if I wanted to.

It was just once in a nightmare where I was chased by a tiger a snake and a wolve hat I turned around and thought: They can’t hurt me I’m dreaming but when they came close I thought: but right now isn’t the time to check it.

Once when I was like 9 or 10 (maybe even younger) I dreamed that I can transform to a light entity, only shining light and I could fight with my friends in some kind of an arena while I was transformed to light being. Doing all that I became more and more weak. Then it just came to me, why am I doing this? I’m dreaming! Then I woke up.

I grew up thinking it was just dreaming, didn’t know anything was special about it, until I was telling my mom about a weird dream I have when I was young.

I don’t remember ever waking up because I’ve become lucid. But I’ve always been a deep sleeper, my mom would have conversations with me about my day when she got home off the evening shift. Just a few sentences but I’d never remember them.

I do remember having a LD as a child and even solving a recurring nightmare that way, but I’m only a natural with WILD. If I can get myself to the ‘vibrations and whooshing sound’ stage, I find I can actually amplify the sensations and get into a WILD quickly and reliably. Good thing too, because there’s something in me (maybe several things) that prevent me from keeping a DJ. WILD circumvents that.

no not at all lol

Three posts moved to the “What huge dreamsign have you missed lately” topic :dragon:

mmm… Not really, I haven’t had an LD yet but I feel like I’m getting better fast so I wouldn’t say I’m awful :tongue: When I was little I used to have amazing dream recall but it faded, It’s slowly coming back as well :tongue: So no I guess I’m not a natural :cry:

I remember one time when I was a child, I made it a mission to recognize I was dreaming (I was mad that my dreams were always hazy.)

I actually got a lucid dream the next day after my mission, however as I found out I was dreaming I suddenly got pulled towards the ceiling. Never really thought about replicating it. Figures :razz:.

Yes by all means I am a natural. I have been having Lucid Dreams since I was a young child. I’ve been able to fly, throw fire, make it rain, you name it! I just now, tonight learned that other people could do it also. I’ve knowninwas in dreams pretty much my entire life. I thought it was weird not being able to control your dreams, I guess I’m the weird one!

I remeber one time before I heard about lucid dreaming that I realized I was dreaming while dreaming of being in a restaurant and had sex with a waitress that was passing by… lol XD

While I’m not sure that I ever had lucid dreams as a child, I do know that I had excellent dream recall. I have always been able to remember my dreams. Also, as a small child, I had an issue with sleepwalking that was associated with my dreaming.

I also know that both my parents have had lucid dreams in the past, and are both very vivid dreamers. I don’t know if any of this is hereditary, but if it is, I most definitely have the genes.

I’m not a natural at the dreaming itself, but I’m a natural at controlling things within the dream.

I remember when I was a kid I had some LD s throughout the years. I had them but I didn’t have any idea if they had a name or anything. It was until I was around 14 years old that I realized the true potential of lucid dreaming and then after looking it up on the net I started with the techniques so I could get them regularly. So I guess I’m a natural even though I barely remember that time of my life.

I posted this somewhere else as well but I had a number of dreams when I was younger where I controlled what I did and I knew there would be no consequences. As I remember I didn’t go OH im dreaming but I guess indirectly I knew I was if that makes sense.
Those dreams always made me feel so free which is part of the reason why im here now.

Yes i would consider myself a natural. THe first lucid dreams i remember having were when i was 7 or 8 years old.

I had LOTS of natural lds and when i was a child aswell. But untill i knew about techniques to LD. I just lost it :confused:

It’s a shame that I either didn’t have or can’t remember any lucid dreams when I was a child.
I do remember having some dreams when I was little, but that’s where the fun ends.
I only had one lucid dream so far, and I had to try really hard for it…
So no, I’m not a natural.