Confused about active and passive lucid dreams

Can you please tell me whether the actions below in lucid dreams are active or passive and whether you think they would work:
• Using a vending machine to get a glove which allows you to produce electricity through hands
• Saying "when I clap my hands “X” will appear under the pillow/ in the drawer
• Saying "when I do X, Y will happen
My problem is that I think passive is when you give a reason for something happening, but shouldn’t there be a reason for the reason happening, could you give me some examples on how to do things in LD’s (e.g, make make things appear out of my pocket, BTW now I know that the lucid pill/ juice has a placebo effect, will it work (my guess is no) so what else is there?) (P.S I have already read the guide on active and passive dreaming I was just partly confused.

Perhaps you are thinking about it too much. You need to merely believe it will happen. Do not think about it too much.

The guide merely provides you some tools to make what you want to work, and why it does. The choice is then left to you, basing yourself on how much you think some particular method would work. :smile: Any guide is merely a guideline when talking about dreams, so feel free to choose what suits you best.

Also, the line between active and passive control tends to blur, especially the more you get accustomed with controlling your dreams, but I’d say those example you made are on the passive side.

I don’t think “placebo” is the right word…everything could be considered “placebo”. anything that you want to happen you simply have to truly believe that it will work. if you doubt that something will work, it probably won’t. think about it…