What do you see?

I’m not sure it’s what you mean, but if you are talking about something I’ve heard called ‘the void’ I have experienced this. The moving colours are a mix of things I believe, the ones you see when first closing your eyes are usually essentially static that is caused by random firing of neurons in your eyes. Later they are basically a form of HI. I too get this. The ‘void’ experience was one that I encountered when trying WILD once. I was in an extremely relaxed state and suddenly I felt disconnected from my body, life and everything. It was as if I was floating in nothingness alone. The blackness I saw then was blacker than even when eyes are closed and covered in a dark room.

I personally found the experience extremely relaxing and would love to repeat it. I have spoken to others though who found it to be disturbing and felt incredibly lonely.

I see clouds only when I’m not drowsy. When I’m even a little bit drowsy I see clear images, which stay more and more in front of my eyes as I get closer to sleep.

This happens to me too, i see black sometimes, but there are usually shapes and moving things on my eyelids! :wow: :wow:

I’ll take the opportunity to ask—this has always bugged me a little. When you get low blood pressure and your vision fades, do you also see a bee hive–like pattern?

When I close my eyes, I see colorful tracers, and things that look like ink splotches everywhere. Depending on my mood, I can sometimes see actual objects of varying detail.

Things really get crazy when I’m having a panic attack, when I get derealization, when I’m very tired, or if i’m incredibly sad/depressed.

Plain nothingness here :bored:

Hmm, I don’t.
I’m pretty sure everyone sees different things tho.
Some may see colorful circles, for example.

Join the Club :content:

I don’t get. You should see at least some colored circles on a dark background (or otherwise). At least something. I can’t imagine closing my eyes and seeing pure blackness.

[mod]Image link removed due to site presenting authentication box. :dragon:[/mod]

Like I said earlier, I see black also. It’s not that we “should” see something. That seems like a stereotype. It’s like, I tell you all to imagine the sky your sky is gonna all be different colours. Some people can’t even imagine -just- the sky, some can’t imagine the sky at all. I don’t ever see anything, it’s even hard to force myself to imagine something. It just doesn’t work… There’s nothing wrong or abnormal about it. It’s just how some of us are.

i feel like some will say they don’t see it, but that’s because they’re not looking in the right way

There’s no right or wrong way to look. I have seen nothing my whole life. I really don’t think it’s a matter of “looking right”

I see red, blue, and green blotches of color. When I’m stressed I see flashing lights, and when I’m really angry, I see only red.

Iv’e tried looking deeply for quite a while, but no colours atall. ^^ It’s just nice and black which is very relaxing in it’s own way for me, a Blank canvas I can work on and let my imagination roam free.

Ditto. Sometimes I can feel like I can make geometric shapes, though. Which is weird because I hate math generally. :eek:

I tend to not look at my eyes when I start, I normally look up into my mind. And sometimes amazing images just come out of knowhere. ^^

I will try looking abit more closely now at what I see whilst meditating or something. Just to double check? lol :content:

Edit: since the URL of the pic broke I edited out the Quote, it was just a black picture

:lol: even that black picture is crawled by dots :razz: they fly by here and there

When I close my eyes, I always see patches with circle rings. They are always bright colours … red or green mainly.

When I was a child I asked my mum if she saw the same and she replied she only saw darkness when she shut her eyes.

lol Ghostie, I don’t see anything but solid black in that picture. Maybe we all perceive the colour black differently?