How tasty is tasty food in a Lucid Dream??

So . . .
I’m Vegan and have had no meat or dairy for 3 years! For these 3 years, I’ve been craving a hot, tasty egg sausage & cheese croissant!! So then I got to thinking, why not indulge in your Lucid Dream?!? I haven’t had a Lucid Dream for a while but next time I do, I am going to try to have one of these! But my question is, how good will it really taste, if it’ll have any taste at all !! A horrifying thought :sadyes:
( BTW, I’ve had a eggsausage & cheese croissant before, so I remember what they taste like, if that matters any!)

Moved from General Lucidness :dragon:

Taste, like any other sense, varies in detail based on the dream. Just as some dreams have dull, colorless imagery, I’ve had some dreams where everything I’ve eaten tastes like styrofoam. On the other hand, tastes can be incredibly vivid depeding on the dream itself and the skill level of the dreamer.

The best food I ever had in a dream was a simple marshmellow, because I focused on the marshmallow and what it would taste like before I took a bite. I recommend you do the same. Try to recall every detail of the egg sausage and cheese croissant. The smell, the texture, everything. When you take a bite, expect it to taste just as good as you imagined it would and better.

Welcome, areYOUdreaming! :wave:

Like Wyrfell said, the more intent you place on eating a certain thing, the more detailed the sensory will be. Also, of course having eaten something before makes a big difference, since if you never did, and took a bite out of something, as good as it may taste, how would you know if it’s like the real thing? :tongue: (there’s a similar scene in the Matrix about chicken)

Lucid food is amazing. Trust me. Last night I had a dream thanksgiving dinner. Mmmm… so good! And not only can you eat as much as you want, you can’t gain weight from it!

The more you crave something, the more realistic it will be. So I can almost gaurentee that egg sausage and cheese croisant will tast awesome!

Just out of curiosity, what’s it like being a vegan? What can you eat? Gosh, I don’t think I could survive without meat or dairy. You’ve got some serious willpower!!!

One of my favorite things to do in dreams is eat! The taste of food varies from person to person. Personally, it always tastes great for me. And you don’t have to just limit yourself to just the foods you know. The dream world can offer up endless possibilities.

Actually last night I had a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Tasted exactly like WL. :content:

In my case food tends to taste better in my dreams. A few weeks ago I shared a brownie with a DC. Deliscious!

I remember eating all the time, dont remember the taste but i do remember that it was juicy!! Burger btw :happy:

Food in dreams can taste just as delicious as food in your waking life :happy: I always treat myself to chamomile tea and grilled cheese sandwiches :content:

LOL i died laughing from ur comment XD couldn’t live withought meat either my friend! :tongue:

I generally find dreamfood more tasty than “real” food :smile: Once I woke up right after eating some kind of chocolate and I could still feel the taste in my mouth when I had awoken!

Hmmm… I’m not a skilled LDer whatsoever but it strikes my mind:
If you are a very skilled LDer wouldn’t you be able to make anything taste like anything else? Like a marshmallow tasting like sausage rolls? Or a lolipop with skeaktaste?

[spoiler]Anyway I can’t hear or read anything about vegan without thinking of Ross Noble. This is completely offtopic but I just have to share this: (this starts at say 3.00 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5p3OtlqnVs[/spoiler]

I already have tasted chocolate cakes and fruit juices, and it tasted exactly like real ones! :smile:

I also experienced (for a common LDers experiment) the taste of a pull over (whool) and wallpaper: it tastes nothing.

I think another interesting question is: do you eat in LD what you are used to eat IRL?

If yes, it would be interesting too, to taste unknown dishes in LD. This was also an experiment on some french LD forums! :smile: We are quite fond of food around there, you know :grin:

We also used had an LDer cooker :tongue:

You taste what you believe you will taste. If you eat cheese in your dreams, you believe it will taste like cheese and therefore it does. Imagining that a lolipop tastes like a steak is inefficient since your brain believe it will taste like lolipop but you are telling it that it tastes like steak. Eating steak directly would be the easiest way to taste steak since your brain believes it tastes like steak. The taste probably varies if you imagine a lolipop tasting like a steak, but it’s certainly possible.

Hmm, till now, each time i eat something. Like a cake or something, it’s flavourless.
It’s like I eat emptiness if you know what i mean. And then, after that, i usually wake up.

I’ve ofter wondered about that. It’s a phrase a lot of people use… but how do you know what that tastes like?

Flavor of foods differs from person to person. As for me…taste isn’t AMAZING, it usually just tastes the same as food IRL, but in normal dreams I don’t taste anything. Also it depends if my LD’s are stable, when it isn’t stable food just taste like …nothing. I think it’s important to concentrate on the tastes of the foods you eat in your LD, to get all the interesting flavors and what not. :tongue: I remember when I just gobbled up some food without thinking, it didn’t taste that great.

Sorry, unless you have already tasted it you cannot taste it =(

Well, I wouldn’t say that’s entirely true. Your brain could always infer as to what it might taste like, and you will taste that. If you don’t expect taste though, it probably won’t.

I had dream pizza in a non lucid once. Still better than real life. Odd huh?

Last night I tasted a few spoons of apple sauce and it was pretty good. I compaired it to real life apple sauce and I think the major difference is that in my LD I really paid attention to everything that I tasted and it was easier to isolate tastes and structures, but the flavour was still apple sauce. Just a bit more intens.