Lucid Dreaming Shortness

So I took a break from lucid dreaming for a while and I have had a couple lucid dreams now (The real secret was don’t try so hard). And I’ve been dreaming a lot more and writing them down but they are so short and I don’t fully feel in control because when I realize I am dreaming it seems I’ll instantaneously come up with some random thing to do that I wouldn’t really want to do. And the dreams are so short and they’ll sometime just end or go to black. I need serious help!!

I have the same trouble. From my experience, there are a couple things you can do about this. First, use autosuggestion in order to command yourself to have more control in the dream. Second, give it some time. The biggest reason, usually, why one wakes up so suddenly from an LD is the fact that one is overcome with emotion and can’t keep a stable dream. With time, that rush of excitement when becoming lucid will become predictable and tolerable.

I’ll give it tine but I know I really can’t use autosuggestion because that causes me to try to hard and to make my LD’s go away and I start to not even remember my dreams again.

Lol, I could have written this topic. I’m stuck at the same point. I also got 8 LD’s, but they are usually short and if I actually do remember what I wanted to do it either fails or I wake up.

So if anyone has any good ideas… I’m also looking for a way to take LDing to the next level. :tongue:

Funny coincidence: I once had a FA, in which I woke up and grabbed my DJ and I wrote down: “DON’T WANT IT TOO BADLY!” (in dutch)…then I woke up for real. :tongue:

As soon as you become lucid, grab hold of an object near you and pull yourself towards it. The object acts as your ‘lucid anchor’. When you pull yourself towards it, you are pulling yourself towards lucidy. This technique also helps when you feel like you are about to lose lucidy.

You can also try these:

-rub your hands together
-jump up and down
-spin
-focus your vision on a certain object
-take off an article of clothing
-yell “lucidy now!”
-do a math problem

I find that the lucidy anchor works best, but the other ones do work, too. Good luck!