Dream weapon limitations?

In truth, there shouldn’t be a limit. It’s your dream so the only limit is your imagination. Though there have been times when I had low lucidity and had to use what I could find lying around. Magic has to be the best weapon…

There really shouldnt be, but like it was mentioned it depends on your level of lucidity i suppose. Honestly mine is subpar considering i never bother to interfere in the course of the dreams themselves most of the time :silent:. I’ve never remembered to do any tasks at all XD

aah thank you. has anyone ever tried to curve a bullet in a dream? hahaha

Haha no, never tried any wanted stunts before. But i think i’ll see if i cant have a lucid dream tonight. If i remember to try it i’ll let you know how it goes XD.

nice… hope it works

I can’t recall any lucid gunfights, but in my normal dreams I often dodge the bullets, or they miss me by a hair.

I tend to often resort to magic-ish stuff, though, so I guess I could curve a bullet, though I’d much rather reflect it with a spear or something. Or cleave it in half with a lightning bolt.

as defense yea, but what about fired from your own gun? same thing?

when the bullets come toward you do you see them in slow-mo or slowish?

Hmm, I guess that in my dreams most gunfire is fairly “normal” as far as time is concerned. Usually I don’t even really see the bullets because they move too fast.

I’ve yet to get into a lucid gunfight, so I don’t know what I’d do then.

So are you folks saying that your lucid dreams are like video games where you’re tearing things up and killing people?

Or are these non-lucid dreams that you’re talking about?

I think they’re talking about both. You can do whatever you want in your dreams. using weapons to go on killing sprees can be one of them.

I dunno. Weapons have never really given me an issue in dreams. I think it depends on your expectations. Anyway, if you wanna shoot someone, you can just use magic. :tongue:

yep both. id like to have gunfire come out of my finger tips, thats some magic id like to try : )

Ok check curving bullets off my lucid to do list :wink: Didnt turn lucid enough to do it the first night, forgot it the second, got it tonight XD Wasnt much of a curve though. more like a right angle :meh: again not what i planned!

@ arne: No specifically just happend that i turned lucid during a battle/escape dream and followed it. When trying out my spiritgun(you can classify it as magic i guess) it would only kill if i shot directly at the head. Hence, my question about any limitations others experienced.

Unlike my NDs, in LDs guns tend to not function. It’s the whole idea of technical things not working in dreams because they don’t actually have any mechanics in them. I can’t trust the nonexistant mechanics inside the weapon to fulfil their function because there are no inner workings in the dream gun. It’s all pretense, and I don’t have any confidence that the gun will fire when I pull the trigger, because logically, there is no reason that it should. It depends on when I want it to fire, and the trigger has nothing to do with it. It’s just no fun that way. I know it is all because I don’t just go with it. In NDs things like that are easy, but I don’t have control. Funny how that works.

oh well thats still not bad considering the the velocity a bullet is meant to travel at, in any case.

Meh, I rather use magic, I even went that far that I killed someone with Avada Kedavra :tongue: or I just rip apart everyone with a single finger :tongue:

never gotten shot in my dreams… but ive got eaten many times XD

I’ve never used a weapon in a LD, but its now on my to-do list. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I’ve had my gun malfunction regularly in my dreams. It either jams or the bullet comes out in a weak little ark and bounces harmlessly off its target like a BB. Part of this I believe is due to lack of expectations (especially since this is a reoccurring issue), but I can see the sense in the explanation of pretense since the dream gun doesn’t have the interworkings of a real gun. That being said however, I regularly take my gun apart to clean it after each time I shoot it IRL, and so I have a basic understanding of how the mechanics function together. So either my understanding is to novice or my expectations are too tainted by past failures. Either way, I find it interesting that I am not the only one with weapons malfunctions.

And yes, using dream powers is far more fun than a gun. But I have to become lucid first before I can remember that fact, and my gun fails me in normal dreams.

Wow, I’m impressed about people having NDs about using weapons!

That’s dangerous, ouch.

However, I’ve got many LDs using many kinds of weapons, including secret missions, tactical breaching, artillery and bombing :bored:
But don’t worry, I haven’t killed a DC for a few days now.

Lucid gunfights are actually one of my “Lucid Hobbies”. There always just seems to be an overwhelming amount of people in both ND and LD firefights, always have all of the ammo that I need. Getting shot is rather a pain (no pun intended) because it hurts so much that I cannot actually think clearly enough to heal myself.