Dream pain isnt fun

So due to me having great recall lately i have a very vivid memory of a dream where i got shot numerous times and could feel the pain of the wounds very well, after being shot alot i managed to get to a “safe” place in my dream where i could do little more than crawl and bleed and be in pain. :help:

I ended up slowly healing in the dream and gettin to a point where i could walk but it was very difficult and i had constant pain in my back and ribs the dream ended having quite a bit more after that but luckily i “forgot” about the pain and was able to continue dreaming unhinderd.

Does any1 else have problems or has had a problem with bad pain in a dream?

Last night i had a very painful dream which woke me up, I was fixing my train and I pulled out a giant bit of wood, and the wooden spike went straight through the palm of my hand, and I slowly looked down to my hand saying. “owww…” and then I woke up. It was extremely painful in the dream, and I woke up with my hand still throbbing.

:bounce:

Yes, last night i also experienced pain. But i think that dreampain is kind of a tickling pain, and when i wake up i can still feel that feeling and it feels like i have a cramp or something. Mostly i get this is my back.

I have experienced pain in dreams before, but never to the extent that it was excruciating or debilitating.

I don’t really know why that is, though. I mean, I’ve received a fair amount of dream punishment (shot, fallen from height, being in an explosion), but none of those experiences have ever really been very painful. Uncomfortable, yes.

I believe the pain is caused because we expect it. I’ve been shoot with arrows and bullets and had fishing hooks through my fingers but it all felt imaginary upon thinking about it after wake up.

I once was in a dream with some mayan looking character that casted a spell on me, it felt imaginary painful just as the other 2 examples i mentioned. Then the dream restarted with me lucid, but this time i fully enjoyed his spell. It was an awesome feeling.

Stephen LaBerge talks a lot in EWLD about turning nightmares pleasant by challenging them instead of turning away. He gives lots of examples from people having dreams with monsters turning into puppies when lucid and also non-lucid dreamers simply face them.

lol in my case it was more like puppies turning into monsters. and yes I was lucid :nuu:

on topic, I was also curious and in one LD I had tried hurting myself, one time expecting the pain, and the next time expecting the same injury to not hurt…and it was exactly like that

In normal dreams, I’m not sure…I can’t recall a dream in which I would feel real pain
although I can remember many dreams in which I should have felt horrible pain, like being rid of skin, having my skull cut open or being shot…I just didn’t remember any feeling of pain right after waking up, even though it had been a highly disturbing experience while in a dream…

hm i was thinking of cutting a leg off in a LD… wonder how that’d go…

With myself, the pain usually runs in nightmares. And whatever the pain is I wake up feeling it for the rest of the day. So like, I’ll get my throat cut and feel like I’ve got a knife pressed against my neck for the rest of the day. So yeah, no fun.

I can’t remember any particularly painful dreams in a long while. Though, from what I’ve read, your body simulates the experience quite well.

It may be relevant to how much pain u have felt before, altho i cant say i have any traumatic painfull experiences that i recall. I actualy have a very high pain tolerance. Strangly the dream wasnt a nightmare it was actualy a pretty cool jungle based shoot out that i was doing well with, untill i got hit then it was just shot after shot as i tried to get away and each one hurt realy bad, just was seeing who else had a similar experience.

LOL thinking of your dream punishment like falling from height or be in an explosion made me laugh, poor you! :colgate:

When i was i child i dreamed of a golden knight who knocked me down and finished me with his spear, i felt that i was loosing all energies and i had no breath left but i remember that there was no pain after all!

The only pain i’ve felt is very numbened down pain, or that intense “tickling” sensation, only had the intense tickling sensation when I had nightmares as a kid though.

when i get hurt i dont feel pain in my dreams :wink:

I guess it’s more your mind expecting you to feel pain than actual pain. I suppose it would depend on what pain you have ever experienced in your real life. Personally I’ve only felt mild pain in dreams but I’ve never had a bad injury in real life so I wouldn’t really know what to expect.

good dreams come from good habits and thoughts through the day , and good desires ,

playing a fictional game lucid like , paintball, or pretend non realistic violence is much better, and so is doing exploration ,

if its an ND think about why wo9uld your mind want to shoot you and what odes it relate to , what were you thinking or doing or creating or focusing on in your day that would cause you to create a strong enough imagination of that to have it happen and hurt ,

and what thoughts did you think --> while < – dreaming ? that caused it to happen , ?

For me, dream pain isn’t horrible. Whenever I do something painful in a LD i just tingle a little and move on. Of course, I haven’t had that much experience with pain in a LD overall.

Well I have only experienced pain once in that dream when I got a huge bit of wood through my palm, but it was more funny than painful. It’s how I reacted in the ND that made me laugh.

My sense of touch is extremely dulled in dreams. In fact, the only time I feel pain in them is if my IWL body is in bad pain.

my pain in dreams is quite painful .
it really hurts, unless I get killed (in dream of course)
but in lucid dream it doesn’t hurt

hi guys iwanna know if it happened to anyone else or is it just me
i have this nightmare that i get into a fight and everytime i get hit in my tresticals(sorry guys…my balls) and the pain is indiscribable im trying to get lucid for a while now i hop i can over come the guy next time
and good luck to all of you guys