Long hair...

thats wicked, i can stick hundereds of pencils in my hair and pul em out as needed when im drawing lol… like a despenser.
… my hairs afrolike :wink:

I can barely remember what it’s like to not have long hair :lol:

I let my hair grow when I was… 11? (lol don’t ask) not really good idea before puberty, but who cares. Then I cut it when I was about 14, I think. Then I let it grow again a bit after that. Now my hair has been long for 7 years or so…

About how to “keep” it, I just wash it everyday (sometimes every other day) with shampoo and conditioner (knots!). and brush it. I don’t really feel like it’s any hard work lol And seeing as I’ll probably go bald-ish some day why not enjoy it while I can :razz:

I love being a guy with long hair. People do tend to have strong opinons about it though, they either love it or hate it.

I find it very simple to look after. I wash it every morning, just using shampoo (no conditioner), and give it a good brush afterwards (and any other time that it looks like it needs it). You’ve got to accept that some days it can look awful. Long hair definately has a potential to look really bad, and sometimes I’ve looked in the mirror and thought uggghhh. But it also has the potential to look really amazing, and the good days more than balance the bad days. It’s especially good to have when it’s blowing in the wind behind you, and on some days can look truly awesome. Give it a try!

Yeah, but maybe your hair is um, ugh how do you say it in english? When its not curly? Well, that. So I guess its easier with that type of hair.

Hey we should all post cool looking pictures of our long hairs! :happy:

long hair is a way of life. A lifestyle choice. A good one, at that.

Don’t like short hair much. Where’s the fun in it? Nothing to play with when you’re board.

Occasionally i entertain the notion of chopping it off, but what’s the use? i’ll just regret it!

twirls

yes.

Today is a GREAT hair day, in case you were wondering.

Hair that isn’t curly is called straight hair :smile:

Yep, my hair’s pretty straight, and I don’t think long hair would suit me if it was really curly. I do like it to be a bit wavy though. Sometimes it gets really straight and looks pretty awful!

Iv’e been growing my hair for a good 5 months now, it grows ridiciously fast, and naturally curls as it gets to my eye line :content: I’m lucky with this so I never have to play around with it so I can see, it just kinda flicks up at the right point so I’m not blinded. :tongue: I wash my hair once every 2 days, Low maintenance and simples. :grin:

I also have grown my hair well beyond my shoulder (maybe that would be arm-pit length? there just is no other part of the body there to describe its length :tongue:).

Well, I’m studying information technology and there are a lot of long-haired guys here so that’s quite common. And I listen to metal virtually all the time, that’s why I let it grow.

But it’s starting to get really thin now so I’m afraid I can’t keep it long for much longer (pun :tongue:).

Do you actually prefer to wear them loose or do you wear it as a kind of ponytail/whatever?

I wear it loose, but put it in a ponytail if I’m playing sport, cooking or doing anything where I want it to stay out of the way :smile:

time for more srs discussion on hair. Particularly, haircare.

Where does everyone stand on conditioners and volumizing shampoo?

I use conditioner every day- no volumizer (though i should).

By the by, Herbal Essences. You won’t regret it.

I only use normal shampoo and conditioner, but not daily. That’s too much imo.
And I prefer to always let it dry instead of using a hair dryer, unless I have to.

I seriously can’t go without the conditioner I have to say. Garnier Fructis (or however it is spelled) for me. I tried 3-4 other types of conditioner, too, but they were all like more like water compared to Fructis!

First, I’m new Hi All, :smile:

I have also wavy long hair already 2 years…, I suggest that you normal shampoo every two days, or if necessary when it’s too dirty.

Welcome Amir! And thanks for your advice.

By the way I dig your avatar :cool: , my favorite band :happy:

I use normal shampoo everyday, and never use conditioner. I then dry it as much as I can with a towel, and give it a brush. I then give it another brush when it’s completely dry - I never use a hairdryer (I don’t actually own one :tongue: ).

What do you guys do when you have a haircut? I don’t have one very often, but when I do I usually have it layered so that there is some variation in the length of my hair. I find that this looks much nicer than all of my hair cut to a uniform length.

Thanks Man, I dig yours as well, Progressive Metal/Rock are my favorite genres… :smile:

https://www.last.fm/user/CESAR0

i also have semi long hair, apparently what i have is not considered long since you guys all seem to have hair past the shoulders and mine is almost to my shoulders, i find that i need to shampoo my hair everyday, but do not use conditioner, however, when i do not brush it it looks terrible.

btw i also very much love amirs picturey thingy, DREAM THEATER IS AMAZINGGGG!

Thanks Man!:D, wow it’s great to see more and more DT fans around here :smile:

I have hair that goes down to about my shoulders, so its right on the line between long and short. Long hair is much more manageable if you can find the right kind of shampoo and conditioner :wink:

Don’t forget: If you want long hair, that doesn’t mean you will not have to go to the barber anymore :tongue:. Just remember that when you go, tell that you are growing it and they won’t cut off too much. If you don’t, you will get dead points at the end of your hair and then it gets hard to brush and will look messy.

I experienced that when I do not wash it daily with shampoo and conditioner, it will lose volume and will look greasy. After showering, brush your hair and let it air dry, then brush it again. If you use a wind blower every day, your hair will become unhealthy. Besides, if you let it air dry and brush it again after, it will have a lot of volume :smile:.
Tip: Try out if your hair looks better if you shower before going to bed, or if you shower when you got up in the morning. That is a huge difference!

And I agree with the rest, wind = deadly for your hair. You won’t be able to have your hair properly until the next time you shower :tongue:.
Tip: Keep a brush with you! Long hair won’t just stay perfectly for the whole day if you do not brush it.

Hope you will have healthy and nice hair this time!

Hey Wulf those are really some great tips, thanks for your contribution :smile: