Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VIII

I know what you mean - once I felt like I falling through the sky at 200mph. It definitely felt like a roller coaster :smile: It was more exciting than scary, when I realised what was happening.
Not only can SP be exciting, but it can be quite relaxing.

Thanks a lot, I’ll try this on my next attempt (maybe tomorrow morning, if I have time). The character visualisation thing sounds like a great idea, because I’ve been struggling to visualise a whole scene because that’s quite difficult when I first wake up.

The section that I’ve highlighted in bold was the part I definitely agree about.
Sometimes when I’m daydreaming my mind wanders and creates scenarios (e.g. Scary Scenarios) that make it harder to daydream/visualise, and sometimes enough to put me off.
Once I was in an LD, and I immediately thought of something bad. I quickly distracted myself with the dream, and I forgot about the bad thought and had a great lucid.

I had another attempt this morning after waking up, and had SP (I always get sleep paralysis if I sleep on my left side for some reason). It was quite relaxing, and tried to visualise a scene, but I lost the ability to (like I mentioned earlier in this post, it’s kinda hard for me to visualise in the morning).
When I tried to move, that’s when I got frightened.
If you lay still during sleep paralysis and stay relax, it will be less scary (from my experience).

When I awoke, I moved my hand a lot which I think messed the attempt up a bit.
I layed still for 5 minutes, and then my hearing changed. I could hear a slightly higher frequency buzz, like when everything is dead silent and you pay attention to your hearing (I hope you get what I mean).
A few minutes later I then began visualising my scene. Soon, I felt as if the scene was getting more vivid and my legs began to feal heavy. My arms and head were tingling a bit, which eventually spread to my legs.
After some more visualising I actually felt like the scene I was visualising was happening right next to me, in the waking world. I couldn’t hear anything and the scene wasn’t THAT vivid, but I definitely felt close.
When I felt really close, my heart began to pound faster and harder and it made me loose concentration. I couldn’t sit still because it got so intense, and then I snapped out of it.

I rolled over onto my right side and tried again but got nowhere.
I just tried to fall asleep but nothing.

Interesting…will try again tomorrow morning with the knowledge from other posts.

Why don’t you try to use DEILD? It may solve all your problems.
I think that you have problems with keep a visualization for a long period of time.
If you use DEILD, in less than 1 minute of visualization an scenario or you character you will be in a lucid drem.

I’m very interested in CALD, It seems both entertaining and beneficial. However, it seems like its pushing me in the path of going crazy. :eek: That thought is keeping me from doing it, any words of advice? Maybe someone here can help me clear things up :smile:

Don’t be afraid about trying this teachique.
CALD isn’t harmfull, and can’t affect you unless you are already crazy or have something like schizophrenia.

Actually, it can be benefical for your life. You will never feel lonely again. It can help with your memory and it will boost your LDreaming progrses.

Give it a try.

Creating characters is not harmful at all. Good authors use similar methods to create vivid characters for their books all the time! I’m with JorgeLTE; CALD won’t affect you unless you are already mentally ill. You are in control of your mind, and you can send the characters away if they are making you too uncomfortable.

Thanks, that definitely makes me feel better! I think I will give it a shot :smile:

:content: no problem. If you have any other questions let me know :cool:

Nice to see all of our new faces. I’m back again after LD4all forgot to tell me there were new posts. Actually, I think I’ll change my notification settings a bit, see if that helps. To Threthedj, as was said, CALD won’t make you go insane or give you any push in that direction. Your character is a sentient being that exists in the mental plane, and just as long as you don’t get the mental and physical worlds mixed up you won’t have any problems. Also, as Tiny pointed out, authors do it all the time.

@Jorge: That technique is definitely worth a try. I think I’ll go ahead and give it a shot when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing it.

Things haven’t been so good for me with CALD lately. As of a week or two ago, I suddenly lost my connection completely to my characters, and I’ve not been able to get it back. I’m sure it’ll work itself out with time, though, and I still have Chameal (who isn’t a character designed for CALD, but rather a roleplay character who ‘came to life’) to work with in the mean time.

How does one mix up the physical and mental worlds? Is it a common occurrence? I’m pretty level headed so I probably shouldn’t worry about it but I am curious haha

Welcome again Wolvendeer.

I hope you can recover your connection. Im sure about you can do ti.

Is when you can’t distiguish the worlds anymore.
You can’t tell if what you see is physiscal any more.

Obioiusly this is very uncommon if your mind is healthy. So don’t worry. :smile:

[/quote]

Alright sweet :smile:
Is there an official guide to the actual character creation process?

Of course. Here it is:
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta rt=30

Scroll down that page until you see huge post of Talon, thats the tutorial.

Uff it was hard to find.
Does anybody knows where can I request or help to make this information appear as a individual topic in the main FAQ & TUTORIALS page? :confused:
I would love to help extracting information from forums and compiling them into solid tutorials so everybody can acces them quickly :grin:

There is also this. As far as extracting information, it should be a regular function of the Scribes. If you want to, you could create a CALD summarized thread like what used to be done with some of the “big” threads. I’d be more than happy to work on that or help work on that with you if it was something you wanted to do.

Yes, I’d be happy to become a scribe but I only have 14 posts and I need at least 50 “usefull” postos to become a Scribe.

Of course!! I wold love to create an important thread.
I like this forum and making important contributions would be great.
So yes, I want to :grin:

Well, see what all interests you in the forum and make some posts with your opinion and whatnot. You’ll get there before you know it. In the mean time, I’ll see about getting some projects set up for this and other relevant/important threads to be summarized.

Ok wolve, thank you. I’ll contact you as soon as I get there.

I would love to see a CALD FAQ with some of the individual posts like Talon’s character-creation overview that JorgeLTE linked to! I don’t have a lot of spare time, but if a FAQ was started as a group project I would help when I could.

So I think I might be on the verge of gaining another character. I was talking with Jet while trying to WILD last night, and for a moment I had a perception of a definitely masculine character. I asked Jet who it was, and apparently he parks his spaceship in the docking bay next to hers. She said that he’s not much of a talker, but she’s going to try and find out more about him for me. (And she didn’t react vehemently like she normally does when I suggest a new character.) I’ll have to see where this goes…

Also on the topic of WILD, I’ve been experimenting with counting most of the time and then starting a conversation with Jet when I start having an uncontrollable urge to move. I haven’t succeeded in WILD at all, but I’ve noticed that I feel the urge to move (and swallow) less when I talk to Jet some instead of counting the entire time.

I will check with Q about getting it started and make sure she has no problems with it, but in the mean time, if anyone who isn’t a scribe wants to help out, we could use a list of all of the questions that need to be answered here.

Oh, and another thing is that thanks to that tecknique, Chameal managed to make an appearance in my dreams. It was short, and I don’t really remember it, but I’m about 90% sure it happened. :happy: Thanks, Jorge!

No problem Wolve, keep it up.
Also I think that you should try to autosuggest yourself in order to, when you reach a goal in a LD or a ND (like talking with chameal) you wake up so you can have nearly perfect dream recall.

Now that Chameal have appeared in your dreams, you can ask him to make you lucid too!!!