What Book Are You Reading? - Part VIII

I love Brandon Sanderson’s books, unfortunately the Way of Kings isn’t out in the UK until 30th December so I haven’t been able to read it yet. Have you read any of his others? I think the Mistborn trilogy is my favourite, follwed by Elantris.

Anyone read book 13 of the Wheel of Time yet (Towers of Midnight)?

Also, for anyone into fantasy I would really recommend the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It’s book 1 of a trilogy (the only one published so far) and is one of the best books I’ve ever read.

Principles of Genetics fith edition text book, pyshology fith ed textbook, and biology textbook… and pages from Aristotle

I am currently reading My Side of the Mountain and im almost done with The Secret.

Yup. I’ve read the Mistborn Trilogy, Elantris and Warbreaker.

I’m reading various books on Astral Travel, I wish to learn how to do this seeing as it is closely tied to lucid dreaming. I’ve also read that when you get to a point of rolling out of your body you can chose to astral travel or lucid dream. So once I have learned this I can lucid dream at will, or decide to astral travel.

I’ve heard of that, It’s supposed to be quite good. I’ve been reading other books lately, haven’t had time…

I’m kinda reading three books at once right now (well, I just finished one of them): The Book Thief, The Hunger Games and The Sword in the Stone.

The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) is a great read, it’s a story of a young girl living in Nazi Germany. What’s interesting about is that it is told from the perspective of Death. I like it, mostly because of Death’s attitude. He’s not the standard ‘evil’ death so much as more like a tired office worker. He’s tired of his job and wishes he didn’t have to do it(He says that war, instead of being death’s best friend, is more like a demanding new boss.). Anyway, a great read, it won a bunch of rewards, look it up.

The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) is also quite good. It’s one of those books that you can’t put down, so you read late into the night. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic N.A and the only civilization left is a Rich upper class capital surrounded by various middle-to-lower class districts that serve the capital. Each year, to keep the districts in line, the Captial holds an event called ‘The Hunger Games’. Pretty much, two kids are sent from each district and fight to the death with the other kids. They treat it like a sporting event and it’s kinda like the whole roman gladiators thing, but instead of and arena it’s in a jungle and televised to the nation. The book is pretty much about a girl who’s forced to take part in them. Another good read, won some award, read it.

I’ll assume most people know about the Sword and the Stone, I haven’t gotten very far but people tell me it’s good.

I also thought I should mention that I recently finished J.R.R Tolkien’s The Lord of The Rings. That, I must say, was a great read.

One final thing, has anybody here (in the topic?) ever read ‘The Road’? If so, did you like it? Was it a worthwhile read?

reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
my comments thus far: extremely sporadic & incredibly emotional
very well written and moving…so far :sly:

next is Siddhartha by Herman Hesse!
excited for that

I read it this summer, and I found the pace hard to get used to. Other than that, I’m glad I read it, although it didn’t make me go through any enlightenment or anything like that as the person who suggested me the book claimed.

I’m reading Metamorphoses by Ovid.

Cool, I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on the new one.

That’s my favourite book of all time, I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read it.

it was a great read :content: a bit easier to read than i’m used to but very good,

The Book Thief… that sounds really good

I just started “A General’s Life: An Autobiography By General Of The Army Omar N. Bradley and Clay Blair”
it is, an the title suggests, an autobiography of Gen. Bradley :tongue: but the bulk of the book was actually “written” (he uses the term “compile”)by Clay Blair, due to the Generals poor health at the end of his life.

(For those of you who don’t know who General Bradley is, he was the commanding General of the US Army for the bulk of Americas involvement in WW2, he was also the General who took Sicily for the Allies and was the the commander of “First Army” at the time It invaded Normandy [D-Day] )

just finished the sublime American Gods, starting on Johnny Got His Gun.

Right now I’m about halfway through Indian Killer by Sherman Alexie.

Just finished The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. Can’t spell If you like Greek Myth and fantasy definitely a book for you. But you might wanna read the whole Percy Jackson series first because that’s like five books and the rest of the Hero’s of Olympus books will be released one per year. (yeah, this if the first so it’s gonna be long). But I totally love it and can’t stop imagining. /me will probably reread all of Percy Jackson soon

At the moment I’m reading ‘The Legend of Nightfall’ by Mickey Zucker Reichert, but if I can get my hands on Terry Pratchett’s newest book, ‘I Shall Wear Midnight’ I’m gonna switch to that immediatly. Not that Nightfall is a bad book, I love it but I’m just a crazy Pratchett fan.

“The way of the Weasel” by Scott Adams, the writer of the Dilbert comics. He essentially explains how to be a successful business weasel, using comics to illustrate his points. He’s hilarious.

i just started reading the story of b again, its great.

i wanna read all the harry potters again though and then watch all the movies!

Ah, I just saw Harry Potter 7 part 1, I need to read the series again. I may have read it at least seven times through already, but I can’t get over how awesome that series is.

I’m reading Mary Karr’s memoir, Lit. She has an interesting story to tell.

Astral Dynamics by Robert bruce

Ahh, Scott Adams, one of the funniest authors I know.

Also, does anyone have major problems with the Harry Potter books, or more so J.K Rowling’s (frequented) dues ex machinas?