Dream recall gone

For about the last week, i wake up and i know i was just dreaming, but cant recall my dreams :sad: I lay there for about ten minutes with my eyes closed trying to refresh my mind on what i was just dreaming about, but nothing comes back. When i started my DJ about a month and a half ago, my dream recall started to improve right from the start. I was able to write pages each morning, with only a few exceptions where i would only write a few details. But now, i am having trouble. It seems like my dream recall is getting worse instead of improving. Any thoughts or tips on this would be very helpful. Ahh its irritating lol :bambi:

Don’t worry about it is my suggestion.
I have found that occasionally my dream recall goes away for a few days or a week. It will come back. Also, go over your day before you go to sleep, Think about what you did last and work your way back to the morning , or start with what you did in the morning all the way up to going to bed. It’s amazing sometimes how many little things you can recall. This is good practice for dream recall as well.

Eat three to four ounces of nuts just before bed. They don’t have to be salted. Your dream recall should improve.

sleeping and dreaming is a regeneration process
its time for your brain to relax and stop collecting new information
while your subconscious can spew out all this unprocessed information and make some sense of it, no matter how obscure or abstract the context may be
it can get pretty complex in there man,
and im assuming dreams dont always occur in the form of a linear plot to participate in.
it could litterally be a string of fleeting images, one after another, which are the consiquence of every single sensory obvservation made throughout the day being placed into a frame of reference so it can be filed away.
ie: a flaming stork clutching a bag of macdonanlds flying through a doorway, because you saw a fire exit sign, some bird feathers and it smelled like french fries on your way home from class
or a giant mouth chewing into the earth with acoustic guitars for teeth and the sound holes are acutally smaller mouths screaming michael jackson’s ‘beat it’, because you saw a backhoe digging with a boombox in the back blastinging some MJ, remembered a dental appointment and you like to play guitar.
this could happen thousands of times over and depending on your short-term memory, it may not always be easy to remember…or even nessecary for that matter
it could potentially have nothing to do with your dream recalling capabilites even!

ahem…anyways.
i agree with kauai dreamer, relax.
sounds like you have great dream recall
things will return to “normal” and you wil be more “awake” than ever :wink:

Besides what other suggested, have you had a look at our “Improving DR” guide in the Knowledge Base? You sure could check it out :content:

I’m having mostly the same problem right now, and I had had this a few times before.
Maybe it helps analyzing what has changed since your recall was top-notch.

E.g. I noticed that I sleep about 1-2 hours less these days and that’s what I blame the most for my lack of recall. Also, a new room (if you moved), a new bed or just new sheets can cause fluctation in dream recall, I noticed.

Other than the reasons that are directly sleep-related, everything that troubles your mind can somehow influence the DR. I think there are so many factors that determin the quality and quantity of recall, that it is hard to say exactly what’s wrong with you. Probably nothing at all though, because a lot of small things happening at once in your life can have a great and unpredictable impact on it. So like Kauai said, don’t worry :content:

But I guess you have more use on how to get back your dreams now :tongue: First of all, don’t push yourself too much. If the entries in your DJ are just very short for a few days, that’s nothing you should be concerned about.

In order to get your dreams back, lying still in bed after waking up is a good hint, as wel as going through everything you experienced the day or the week before.
Also for me it was most often useful to think about possible dreamsigns that I often dream about and check if it triggers something. Also going through some persons that play a certain role in your life (especially family and close friends or colleagues) has sometimes brought back dreams to me.

It will also help if you can find out the general tone of the dream. Like, if it was a nightmare or a happy dream. Especially boring dreams are hard to remember, I find :tongue:
Write down every thing that sounds familiar to you. Maybe later in the day you will suddenly remember something. Don’t forget to add that then :wink: