i dont want to be scared

hi everyone , im not really sure if this is the correct place for this topic ,but i was wondering if sleep paralysis are connected in a strong way with LD, like if i can achive one can i achive the other , i seem to slip into sleep paralysis really easy and i am very aware its happening , so much so that it freaks me out big time seeing all types of stuff !!, some times it last for a long time , sometimes i have tried to even call out to wake my girlfriend but i cant talk or make a noise , after a while of course alls well of course , i have been doing the tricks that you read about on a number of pages but as of yet i have yet to have a LD. some times when i go to sleep and i have my eyes closed i feel a slow pules in my eyes ( not my heartbeat ) which i then know that i am going to slip into sleep paralysi , but like i said i find that quite intense !! so , to achive LD in full do i need to give in and let sleep paralysis take me ?? thank you for any replys

I read in the lucidity 101 quick start guide that if you start to breathe deeply, it will wake you up. But like all things that come with fancy diagrams, I’m not so sure you could trust it :confused:. Give it a try though, i would like to see if it works but i haven’t been able to enter sleep paralysis. Also i read here in the Tutorial section that you should just try to keep your eyes closed.

best i’ve experienced is to let it happen and don’t think about it , think instead i am going to float into a dream soon , and think about where you want to go ,

That is a great way to look at it. I always thought of SP as some kind of purgatory between the waking and dream worlds.:ack:

Hi, and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Like PoL said, don’t let it bother you. Stay calm and aware, but allow yourself to drift to sleep. You can’t dream unless you’re alseep, after all. Those images you are seeing are dreams forming, try to interact with them in your mind. There’s nothing to be afraid of :content:

If SP is really that instense for you, try to use more passive techniques like RCILD and MILD. Another way to avoid SP is to do techniques like WILD several hours after you first go to bed. There’s a much better chance of going right into REM sleep at this time. That is how I do WILD and I rarely encounter SP. When it does happen, it’s as an FA after a dream.

haaha i always get to a point in HI that i start smiling or grinning, ruins it all, i snap out of it… how can i prevent this problem?

thanks for the wecome Rhewin and everyone else , so are the two related then in a sence ? last night before i went to bed i took the time todo some dep breathing exercise and the countingwhile lying with my eyes shut , and i did dream ! things happened in my dram that were weird because i didnt know if i was controling them or if it was a normal dream, i was not looking at myself but rather through my won eyes , but i felt i had control of sorts , like thinking things and then them happening, not in a “i wish this would appear” and then it did but i did think wouldnt it be cool if and then that thing would become visable to me , not as if by magic but in my dream i looked and i found it , this happend three times to me last night but only when i woke this morning did i think to myself "did i have control but never took advantage of it " one weird thing that did happen was i dreamed i was taking a penaltys and then this guy a famous guy from mexico said to take a penalty with a bike so i did and watched the bike shoot away like a ball , then he said do it again but this time i didnt want to because i knew it was stupid and could not be done , because i relised that kicking a bike was dumb and i would probley break my foot or somthing , so what does that mean !!! why would i do it and then relise i t cant be done am i in control of that but dont relise .

No, you don’t. The people here who try to promote sleep paralysis are talking out of their butts.

The best way to become lucid is to learn to recognize dreaming scenarios. All of us have recurring themes in our dreams. You need to constantly remind yourself that when you find yourself in one of those scenarios, you’ll be dreaming.

You should also try to increase the vividness of your dreams. You can do that by eating three to four ounces of nuts before bed.

You should also go to sleep an hour earlier than usual, setting your alarm clock to wake you up after five hours. Then stay awake for an hour, doing chores. Then go back to sleep and get up at your usual time. Your chances of having an LD during that last period of sleep will be greatly increased.

Randall, that kind of sounds like low lucidity (i.e. you know you’re dreaming but have little control). A simple trick is to yell “increase lucidity now” or something like that. Also, the more you LD the more lucidity you’ll have from the get go. Just stay focused and the rest will come.

sweet thanks for the advise , also ive been dreaming a lot and writeing it all down , this morning i had a 3/4 dreams but the last dream i knew i was dreaming and i knew i was lying in my bed in the dream world and that i was lyig in the same postion in my bed in the real world because i was dreaming that i was lying in my bed . i know this because in my dream i was in my old room in my old house and when i woke up i was in my new house , i really wanted to go back to sleep so i tried to give in to SP but i couldnt so i opened my eyes and i saw a FLASH !!! which i cant expain after that i woke up and couldnt try to go back to sleep , was that flash normal , i kinda think that because SP was happening i was going to LD but because i came out of it because it was to intense i was suddleny in the real world but then again i dont know and i cant explain it , is a flash normal ? or how does ld dreams end ?

I don’t know what that was, but don’t monkey around with sleep paralysis. I stopped sleeping on my back because of it.

Why does sleep paralysis not happen when sleeping on your stomach or side?

It does, except its much harder to stand a conscious SP when not lying on the back :tongue:

Just because SP might be a bad experience for you, it isn’t for us all. I would lay in bed for hours trying to fall asleep, until I learned to induce SP and fall asleep. SP has NEVER been a bad experience for me- and I don’t think you have the right to say something like that unless you have seen both sides- good AND bad.