What Book Are You Reading? - Part VIII

Just finished The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. Can’t spell If you like Greek Myth and fantasy definitely a book for you. But you might wanna read the whole Percy Jackson series first because that’s like five books and the rest of the Hero’s of Olympus books will be released one per year. (yeah, this if the first so it’s gonna be long). But I totally love it and can’t stop imagining. /me will probably reread all of Percy Jackson soon

At the moment I’m reading ‘The Legend of Nightfall’ by Mickey Zucker Reichert, but if I can get my hands on Terry Pratchett’s newest book, ‘I Shall Wear Midnight’ I’m gonna switch to that immediatly. Not that Nightfall is a bad book, I love it but I’m just a crazy Pratchett fan.

“The way of the Weasel” by Scott Adams, the writer of the Dilbert comics. He essentially explains how to be a successful business weasel, using comics to illustrate his points. He’s hilarious.

i just started reading the story of b again, its great.

i wanna read all the harry potters again though and then watch all the movies!

Ah, I just saw Harry Potter 7 part 1, I need to read the series again. I may have read it at least seven times through already, but I can’t get over how awesome that series is.

I’m reading Mary Karr’s memoir, Lit. She has an interesting story to tell.

Astral Dynamics by Robert bruce

Ahh, Scott Adams, one of the funniest authors I know.

Also, does anyone have major problems with the Harry Potter books, or more so J.K Rowling’s (frequented) dues ex machinas?

No. They were mainly written for kids (and we mostly all read them when we were kids) so most of the stuff is kept simple. Though she tries to get a bit more complex in the last few due to her growing audience.

Funny, my dad’s reading that book!

Anyhow, I’m currently reading “The Lion, the Witch, and the wardrobe” by C.S. Lewis. I own the entire Chronicles of Narnia series so I plan on reading it.

I have the whole series too! But I have to reread that one for a class <3 But I’ve seen the movie so much that I don’t wanna reread it’s longness. :sad:

But I love Tumnas!

Well, I began (and finished) a book on my 11 day hiatus.

I’m assuming most of you have heard of the Percy Jackson series? I mean, it was awesome. If you haven’t heard of it, then hear of it.
The books are a little childish, but they’re funny and good.

The first series ended, Rick Riordan started a direct sequel series, The Heroes of Olympus
The first book, the only one out in that series, is called “The Lost Hero”

Basically, this book adds in the Roman aspects of everything and follows the rise of the Giants who were created by Gaea after the first Titan War.

This series follows Jason, Leo, and Piper, three heroes all snatched by Camp Half Blood at the age of 15… Jason is the boyfriend of Piper and best friends with Leo except the problem is… his entire memory was wiped out to help the quest.

VERY good book, a bit more mature than the last series. Obviously he’s following the original fan base (which I perfectly fit into)

Oh… and instead of the short-ish 300 some pages, it’s more like 500 some pages. Quite a bit longer

/me is a slow reader, possibly has mild dyslexia… ends up switching lines and words when reading… can never find his place even mid-sentence

tl;dr If you’ve read Percy Jackson, read this immediately. (Well, if you liked it)

Well i am currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. so far its been a good read but im not to far yet bout 75 pages. the weird thing i found out is that their used to be a real guy in Transylvania named Dracula. he had his own castle but wasn’t a vampire. he was a very scary person though. he scared the crap out of his enemy’s by shoving lubed up trees basically in through the butt when they were still alive an put it into the ground. he did this to over 1000 people and he outlined the trail to his castle with them. this happened a long time ago. he wasn’t a nice person.

Shhhhhh! Have you heard of the [size=92] [color=#8b4513]LD4all Book Club :read:[/color][/size] ? They’re reading Dracula atm. <3

Currently I’m reading The Haunted Man and the Ghost’s Bargain by Charles Dickens. I just got through reading The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Coleridge. I found it quite sublime. It had quite a suspenseful plot and the moral was of eonian truth.

Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self. Robert Waggoner. 2008, This is my first book about lucid dreaming I think I will not find any better book about the subject!, Wagoner goes very deep in the details and explain lucid dreaming in a very different way…

I just finished the biography “Can’t Buy Me Love: The Beatles, Britain and America” which was very good! I recommend it to any Beatles fan. :smile:
I’m planning on reading “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly” by Jean Dominique Bauby. Has anyone else read that? I’m mainly interested because of how he wrote the book.
It explains how he wrote it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Dominique_Bauby

Very amazing and inspiring!!

by far the best book i’ve ever read.

rise of the ogre…classic for me i guess LOL gorillaz.wetpaint.com/page/Rise+of+the+Ogre mm… XD

same! :hurray: I read ‘Alice in Wonderland’ again and again every night before trying a LD :gni: