Dream pain isnt fun

I’ve never felt pain in a dream. Maybe a tiny tickling scratch or bruise but I’m used to those anyway because somehow I always seem to get myself hurt…
I Once had a very interresting dream though, in which I was hiding from a group of armed people, I think they were Nazi’s during WWII. Eventually I did got shot and I died, but I felt no pain, just a incredible feeling that felt as a sort of relief when I left my body, as if I had no weight and was as free as I ever was. It was kinda strange but very interresting cause I’m not even sure what I really believe happens after death.

It still amazes me how our dreams can recreate things so well! Like feeling pain. It sucks… But that’s about the only thing that does.

My idea of pain in an LD is kinda different. My buddy had told me about a time where in a LD he was in the water with a shark (classic). The shark bit him and he described it as “feeling like I[he] broke my[his] arm again.” This leads me to believe that the SC needs something to “reference back to,” pain in this case, for the body to experience it… but then again, i could be totally wrong :razz:

Never really felt dream pain before exactly, maybe a bit but I don’t rembmer.

That dream tells you everything you need to know about pain. The first rule of dreaming is everything requires your attention to exist. Which is why when you forgot about the pain it disappeared.

You only feel pain in dreams if you take the time to focus on your wounds. It has nothing to do with expectations, only where you focus your attention.

I’ve never experienced pain, per se, in dreams. However, I often experience a kind of paralysis in dreams which are tied to lucidity. It usually happens when I am having a nap, so my mind is working better than during night’s sleep, but it’s as if my real physical body (which is under sleep paralysis) is mixing with my dream body so it becomes very sluggish or almost completely paralysed. It causes quite a lot of frustration and anxiety, but I never realise why until waking up. If I could turn it into a dream-sign then I could become lucid and try to regain power of my body.

I guess it depends on the person and the dream. One of the most realistic painful dream i had was when this guy barged into my room with a gun. I turned around to run when I heard a gunshot and at that moment something hard and painful hit the back of my head. The pain was intense yet numbing, like when you go to the dentist and they hit that nerve spot but much more painful. My body when stiff and I fell backwards on my bed while hearing this loud ringing noise. I remember consciously lying there and calmly thinking to myself “Damn, this is it, its over”, Then I woke up…wow. Felt extremely realistic.

I’ve been shot in LD too but I usually stop the bullets with a wave of my hand before they hit me.

Well it prolly just from me enjoying war type video games and what not, i often have gun based dreams this was just the first time i remember gettin shot. side note even when lucid i cannot shoot DCs dunno why no gun has worked for me in a dream lol.

LOL Maybe your SC thought they were on your “team” like how you can’t shoot your teammates in MW2

@Datguyoverdere - Lol its clear enemy DCs i cannot shoot at times. but i do think about military stuff from time to time.

Interesting, I too have experienced pain in dreams ( ND and LD both) but they weren’t serious or anything like some of you described it here ( feeling it all day for example).

Just a few nights ago I had jumped to my death from a balcony and I could feel the impact in my head and back but it wasn’t exactly painful more like uncomfortable. Before that I was shot with arrows and that felt like needles stuck in my back so pretty far from the real deal too.

In LDs, well I once cut my palm with a knife to see what happens and it didn’t hurt either all I felt was some tingling warmth. It was bleeding though.
Altough cutting your limbs off with a saw or something … :happy:
Gotta try that one.

DREAM EMO :eek: lol

I remember a very painful dream where i was thrown out of a two storey window :eek: but i was thrown by a very powerful force so i was at least 50 feet away from the window when i hit the ground :bored: .

I landed on tarmac in the middle of the road and had all the loose bits of tarmac embedded in my hands and face, it felt exactly the same just like when you fall over in the playground at primary school and you grazed your knee, but on a much larger scale! :thud:

Im cringing at the remembrance! :wam:

Well, I don’t really know about that. I can’t remember having dream pain ever although I can remember getting injured a lot and being freaked out. I have been stabbed and just been like :help: but it didn’t really hurt I was just freaked out. Also I fall… a lot in dreams but I always land at the bottom and I just feel a thud and I’m fine haha. I’m worried after reading this my subconscious might have learned that it can hurt me in a dream :cry: so I guess I might get my first dream pain soon enough :content:

once i get good at lucid dreaming i want to do all sorts of painful things i cant experience IRL like, get sprayed with bullets, stand in front of a bullet train, jump off a skyscraper and hit the floor. be impaled(preferably in a massive fight with a monster of demon) crash a plane into the floor. and maybe have my head chopped off. all in the name of crazy fun

Ive had alot of dreams concering weapons while lucid. One of which I was captured by a military of some kind.I managned to get away and steal one of their handguns and do a wicked trick shot, shooting them both with one round (bullet). I use the MILD method, so ever since then I include a phrase in my routine. Along with the usual “I will rememebr my dreams” “I will remember I am dreaming” I now include “I will rememeber that I will always have a handgun in my pocket if I get in trouble” It has paid off multiple times, I’m not gonna lie. Especially when your in a tight spot and you need a weapon, you’ve always got the hand gun in your pocket. If you use MILD, its worth a shot (no pun intended) :ok:

WHATS WITH ALL THE DREAM EMONESS? Yeah its fun but still emo. :eek:

i may have been living under a rock, but what is emo?

It is the current term for Self Inflicted Pain.

oh…LOL, yeah… why do i want to do these things? …i think for me it has something to do with being able to face what i could never face (more than once) and challenge it, a bit like staring the devil in the eyes, and calling him my bitch :tongue: