is this a good or bad idea

HELLO DREAMERS!!!

i use WBTB most times, but my problem is i cannot set an alarm in my bedroom because a) i have a baby sleeping in the same room as me, and, b) because my girlfriend would chew my head off if i woke her up in the middle of the night.
so the only way i can wake myself up is by having coffee before i go to bed,i have 3 teaspoons of coffee in a small mug, this sometimes gives me a drunk feeling (i wouldn’t say this was a problem though :bored: )

this is the only time i drink coffee, im a tea person myself

will this hinder my dreams, or cause some permanent sleep problem, or anything else i should know.

also; the past two nights, (where i have added the 3rd spoon of coffee) i have been sweating like mad, last night it was like i had just got out of the bath!
but the temperature in my county at the moment is cold and the bedroom is not that warm.

this might sound like a daft question, and if you think so, just give me a daft answer! :tongue:

Yeah, that does sound like a bad idea. It sounds incredibly unconducive to proper dream patterns. I mean, you won’t harm yourself (except maybe from insomnia), but, I wouldn’t bank on this helping you LD. Get a vibrating watch or something.

yeah king kandy that sounds correct, i was not aware you could get vibrating watches, i will have a look for one of these ,i will buy one if i can get one cheap.

have you or anyone else used one of these, is the vibration enough to wake you up if you are a heavy sleeper, my GF is forever nudging, and elbowing me back to my side of the bed, but i have no recollection of this :confused:
maybe if i am expecting it to go off it will be closer to my attention

well from what i hear caffine can help LD, and you can will yourself to wake at times, add into a MILD b4 bed “I will wake up in the night” or something to that extent. Ive seen a little increase in success with energy drinks before bed but due to my infrequency of LDs i cannot site it as a reliable source. and REMs are lighter or heavyer so during certain ones you are more prone to be woken easily. Also remember that you wake up every 90 mins or so inbetween REMs so its a matter of gathering your concious in those times. Also you the vibrating watch idea wouldnt neccisarily have to wake u up, it would be a trigger that you would feel even in a dream, it would simply be a matter of training yourself to state test when u feel the vibration, similar to a dream mask i suppose.

im aware i didnt answer your questions in order and my thought procces on the responce was not in a very constructive order.

that answer was absolutely fine, it was easy to follow

and thank you all for the responses and\if any future responses

I’ve never used a vibrating watch, or known anyone who had one. I don’t know if they even exist. They just sounded like a product I would imagine exists because its a pretty obvious idea.

Obviously, it would depend on the strength of the vibration. Just give it a try if you can, then I can learn from you on this one.

THEY DO EXIST!!! good thinking King Kandy, i had a quick look on ebay and the cheapest was about £12, i will get one after crimbo, or convince someone to get me one , i will let you know what they are like when i get one :grin: cheers!

THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA IF YOU NEED SLEEP, IT RUINED MY SLEEP PATTERN AND I PERSONALLY WONT BE DOING THE SUPER STRONG COFFEE METHOD AGAIN

OR THE SSCILD METHOD © (only kidding)

I swear I’d posetd here. The other day I had some strong coffee (although it was around 5PM!). I had the worst insomnia in my life :rofl:

Perhaps a tiny bit of coffee can help, I don’t know. The impression I get is coffee keeps you awake in a different way. To LD we just need to stay aware, not… bouncing around! :lol:

I’m gonna go to bed in about 10mins and have just had a MASSIVE jug of strong cappichino, this will be fun(nt).

i now drink a pint of 100% pure orange juice , (not from concentrate) with no additives, no sugar ect. and a slice of cheese on toast. and before this i was remembering a bit of my last dream, now im remembering multiple dreams. have a look at my DJ to see the difference.

I find coffee keeps me awake in a more physical way, e.g i cant keep still or relax my mind enough to fall asleep comfortably. where as drinking juice, ive read that it keeps your nervous system alert, but allows your muscles to relax.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/dreamlife-part-one/34034

it says under my dreams what food i have had before bed.

@lbsf1 LOOL

Yeah, that’s it. I’ll try to remember to drink some juice tonight!