CONFUSION With Methods

I don’t get this. Some people say WILD is the easiest, some say MILD, some say WBTB, some way many different things. A lot of websites say different things and it’s hurting my brain. Could someone just tell me which method they think would be best for a beginner to practice? WILD and WBTB seem to be the most popular, but a lot of people seem to actually suggest MILD. Some people say VILD or no method at all. Just have them.

I keep a DJ, do RC, and all that stuff. I just keep on getting mixed up on which method I should practice, and sometimes it confuses me and I might not get any correctly done.

The easiest thing is to expirement and find what works for you :content:. Try a technique or two for a few weeks, and then if you have no progress (note I said progress, not LD’s), try something new.

In the meantime, practice doing RC’s all throughout your day and when you wake up. Really ask yourself if you’re really awake during the day. Make sure to also do them when you first wake up so it will be easier to catch false awakenings. Pay attention to fine details, the same way you would if you were having an LD. Live as if life is a dream, and the LD’s will come. That and you’ll have a much more interesting life :content:

Don’t fret what others say. It’s you alone who decides to become lucid. Don’t worry about techniques, they are only tools to help you achieve your goal. Example: a calculator is great tool, but it can’t do anything without your input.

DILD methods (that is MILD, autosuggestion or RC methods) are the easiest. WILD methods are from far the most difficult to master and I completely disadvice them for beginners.

Those who say “no method at all” are just jokers.

As for WBTB, it’s not really a method by itself: waking during the night is just something which multiply the chances to have a DILD by 5, and which is absolutely necessary to do if you try to WILD.

What I suggest for beginners is mixing : 1) WBTB ; 2) autosuggestion or MILD during the night ; 3) RC’s on dream signs during the day.

Thanks for the suggestions. :>
The only thing about the DS, I haven’t found any yet. :meh:
And I also need a better RC.
In my dream I looked at the clock, then a little while later looked at it again. I didn’t realize it was a dream, because even though the times were different, they were still accurate. :sad:
Like the first time the clock said “7:45”, and what felt like 30 minutes later, I looked at it again and it said “8:15”.
I need something that I only have to do once, I’ve been trying that thing with looking at my hands, but it never seems to make it into a dream.

The “plug your nose” RC is a really good one :smile: (topics related: “Plugging your nose” and “Hold your nose RC”).

Good continuation in your quest for lucidity! :wink:

Try C-WILD. ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … order=asc& &start=0

The thread is self explanatory, I find it a great method, it involves hardly any extra effort unlike wbtb or normal WILD.

Okay, thanks! I’ll try that tonight and see if I get any results.

BTW does the lucid dream mask really work? The one that shines a light in your eye when you enter REM sleep? I’m not going to be able to get one, but I’m just curious.

Well, as you can see you’ve gotten many different resonses here already :lol:

WILD might work great and be real easy for some people and they’ll tell you that. But you have to remember that it may be completely different for you. But in general WILD tends to be harder for most people and tends to take longer to master. So many new people use it because it sounds more interesting. But these are the same people that, after getting no result out of it, just give up. So in my opinion, it’s more than ok to try WILD, but don’t get too stubborn about it :tongue: Most beginners are advised to use MILD.

But I agree completely with Rhewin, what will make the difference is looking inside and experimenting. Seeing what method or aproach give you any results (not only LD’s! anything positive is progress, don’t forget). It’s unilkely you’ll find a magic technique that will give you LD’s nightly right away, unfortunately. So you’ll end up making up your own set of rules to induce LD’s. There are some great LD’ers out there that learned on their own since they didn’t even know what LD’ing is. How do you think they got it done without ever hearing about WILD or MILD or RC’s?