I thiinnkkk I just had my first LD!

After about 5 months since discovering the world of lucid dreaming, keeping a dream journal, and several in-dream-failed-RCs, I think ive done it!

I was having a normal dream - as you do :content:, a good ND as well, because I was at Angelina Jolie’s house. Here I should pause to explain that I loveeeeee her, I wont go into detail but ive met her as well, and she is just as wonderful in person, and shes actually one of my dream sings ahaha
So quite a lot of odd things happen, which I pick up on in the ND state - making me think, hang on a second, this isnt quite right.
Im in her grand house, then suddenly im at home, on the phone to her, asking if I can come over. Odd, because I was just there. When she says yes, I jump scenes again and see her sitting a little way off on a bay window, on the phone - still talking to me at home. I begin to walk towards her, then think, this would be such a weird dream.
I stand still, and it dawns on me. Oh my god, I am, in fact, DREAMING.
I do the hand RC, and where it hasnt worked in other dreams, I find my finger sliding through my palm. It felt so odd! Like a sucking feeling or something. Then I do the nose RC, and I can breath. The colour scheme of the dream changes instantly as I recognise I am dreaming, which shocks me - everything turns orange.
I feel inclinded to do something, anything, quickly, because I know I dont have much time.
I stroll towards Angelina on the bay window, shes still on the phone, facing away from me. I call out to her, but she doesnt turn around. So I reach for her face and turn it slowly to look at me. I can see the dream fading, my visuals drip with white, but I can still feel everything around me. I try to hold on to the dream by leaning forward to kiss her - dont judge :spinning: and it felt so real. But I really did lose hold then, and I slide into unconciousness. However the same dream continued from that point onwards until I woke up.

It was truly incredible - but when I did wake up, as elated as I was, a doubt did creep into my mind because I remember reading about false lucid dreams. I definitely remember recalling in the dream that I was dreaming, but it didnt feel as real as RL, if that makes sense. That might just be because my dream recall wasnt perfect that night though?

congratulations OceanBreath .

aww thank you :smile:

i know what you mean when you say that it didn’t feel real. mine didn’t either. it’s funny because i woke up and thought to myself, “that was awesome” but then i thought to myself “wait, it was just a dream” but THEN i thought “well of course it was stupid that’s the point.” :happy:

Congratulations on your long-awaited first LD. That’s an incredible amount of persistence there :smile: five months and still you never gave up! I have yet to have my first LD, so this is something inspiring :smile:

As for whether it’s an LD or FLD, you said you recalled in the dream you were dreaming, so that means it’s an LD. Maybe saying ‘‘increasing lucidity X10000’’ would have made it more vivid?

Congratulations on your LD! :woo:

This here proves it was a LD and not a FLD. (well I guess it IS possible to dream this without being lucid, but I really doubt this happened :wink: ) In most of my FLD’s I simply am (falsely) lucid, there’s never the realization. And vividness can vary from LD to LD and requires some practice too.

Great work, just keep going and they’ll get better and even more worth it!

You had it on Christmas? That’s quite a Christmas (or what have you) gift. Congratulations. :hurray: