Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VIII

Is great to hear about your reconnection with Crystal. Congratullatoins.
Keep it up!

I succsesfully created my character, I saw her in my head in the morning while just laything there, I think I was starting to WILD, I felt so relaxed when I was doing it, then my dad forced me up for school. Tonight when I LD I’m going to make a Dream Character Custimazation machine and finish her appearance.

o.o Join us in character chat. Kupo hates new people but it’s okay. :happy:

Picknick10, that’s awesome! Congrats on creating your character. Just be sure to keep in contact with her often. :happy:

Congrats on making your character Picknic10! :happy:

Just remembered I haven’t been to character chat recently, lol. I’ll go over there soon, because I have 3 of my characters back.
Here’s the story.

When the Dragoon Knight finished talking to Shadow and Melody, he teleported away and this left me with a chance to talk to them. I approached them, but they didn’t recognise who I was. Even taking off my PSR mask didn’t convince them, but I knew what would.

Lydia was at the hospital, she was really unwell (when I last checked). When I back back (a couple of weeks later, which was now) she had left the doctors, so I had to search for her, even if that would be really hard in such a large city.
After 5 hours of searching, I went to Eden Park to have a rest, flying is hard work. I saw Lydia there, and Shadow and Melody (who were waiting) wondered how I knew Lydia. I told them, but they didn’t believe me until Lydia said my name.

Then Shadow and Melody eventually realised it for themselves that is was me. They told me that they were agreeing with the Dragoon Knight to re-build Lunile, but this time it would be under Erehwon’s rule.
Since there was no problems other than that, we spent the rest of the day at the Dream Park and enjoyed ourselves.

Bump so people can see this…

Can someone explain it better? XD

Explain what better Eilatan?
I would explain whatever has to be explained (if I know about it) but I’m not sure what you want explaining :neutral:

A lot has happened with my characters since leaving for the secret Erehwon base. I’ll state what happened in brief notes.
We headed North to Helios, and out of the north gate (which lead to a wasteland). Melody went missing, and we couldn’t find her (still haven’t). After walking some more, we encountered a dead city that had ancient artefacts. At that city, we were confronted by the Minotaur who wouldn’t let us past. After ‘intense negotiations’ we managed to get past.

At Erehwon’s secret base we pretended to be guards by wearing guard uniform. We sabotaged the base, and caused it to self-destruct. After waking up from the blast, we walked several miles East to a port town, where we were encountered by Erehwon’s army again. They enchanted a mole, which began attacking us so we had to defeat it. After that, the dragoon knight (Rune) threatened us with something on a huge scale (he was planning to over-run Eden).

I figured we needed a break; so me, Shadow and Lydia went on a boat to the sea resort of Marador. Halfway there, we got caught in a deadly storm and went several thousand miles off-course (to the West). We awoke in a dystopian city, full of monsters and demons. In that city were a group of survivors, who were trying to restore the city by doing regular tasks. We helped them for a while, and they directed us to the utopia Far North. In order to get there, we had to cross a wasteland full of creatures, and pass through a forest full of neon lights (the neon lights were part of nature). We encountered a dragon creature there, and we ran away after taking some beating. The soldiers that were patrolling the outskirts of the ‘Utopia’ stopped the dragon from doing harm to anyone…and that’s as far as I got.

A few days ago I had a DEILD - when I awoke from a dream, I could feel my physical body but I could hear my DCs talking to me. They instructed me through SP and after 1 minute of intense SP I appeared in an environment I was visualising. The LD I was in started off slightly hazy and blurry, but turned into a very vivid scene ten seconds later. (It was the most vivid dream I’ve ever had)
The dream lasted 10-15 minutes, and during that time I was practicing telekinesis. I had no problems with clarity and control.

Unfortunately, I now have insomnia :sad:
On Monday night, I woke up at 2am and couldn’t sleep until 5am.
Last night, I woke up at 12am and couldn’t sleep until 5am. I fell asleep several times after that, but only for 20 minutes at a time.

Last night I had high levels of anxiety and alot was going through my mind at once, so I couldn’t sleep. No matter how hard I tried, and no matter how relaxed I got I just couldn’t fall asleep. It was horrible, being incredibly tired and knowing I couldn’t sleep. I was scared that I would have a nightmare.
I’m feeling alot better today, but I hope I don’t have another night like last night.

I tried to talk to my characters about it, but I was so confused at the time I didn’t know what to say. I talked to them this morning and they said I need to calm down and stop worrying.

I hope you get through your bout of insomnia quickly, Teraflare! Not being able to sleep is no fun at all :sad:

I have another MC named Aviv now–if you frequent the character chat you’ve probably heard Jet ranting about him. I had been having nightmares to the point where I was getting afraid to dream, so I took a DC who had provided protection and security during a ND I had and made a MC based on him, to be sort of my nightmare bodyguard. Unfortunately poor Jet is terrified of him. I’m trying to get him to talk with her more, but he doesn’t like talking to people. He doesn’t even talk to me very much; he just hangs around in my mindscape in case I need him.

I’ve almost managed to overcome insomnia now. It’s hard for me to sleep when I’m stressed.

Had a lot of progress with my characters. When I had insomnia I couldn’t sleep, so I began talking to my characters in the hope that I’d fall asleep. When I did sleep, I had vivid LDs - including a strange SP experience.
I’d like to make a full report on what has happened since the dragon.

When me and my characters entered Utopia (that’s literally the name of the city) through the teleport at the edge of the city, we were shocked to see the city was full of hi-tech buildings and clean pathways. Eden had hi-tech buildings but this was pretty crazy. When the three of us entered the city, we immediately spoke to the mayor - who turned out to be the President of the city. I got off on the wrong foot when I was talking to him, and he thought I was patronising him when I told them about the dystopia far south. He kicked me out. Great.

I walked around the ciy some more, knocking into people accidently. This reduced my karma in the city dramatically. Eventually, everyone in the city hated me (a bit extreme, but it happened in my mind) and threatened to ‘get’ me and ‘get what I deserve.’ Me and my characters ran to an estate, and we found a house we could stay in. The house was just like any ordinary home, but it had everything - insulators, touch-screen devices, the lot!

Melody (who lost us in Helios) located us and got really angry at me for leaving her. I made things worse though :sad:
She refused to speak to me for that time. At this stage I was really upset because everyone was annoyed at me - but Lydia comforted me. Things could only get better…
…until Shadow fell ill. To top it all off, I heard about several attacks coming from Erehwon on major cities on the news. They’d attacked the city North-West of Helios, bombed Marador (the seaside resort I was going to go to, but went off-course). Eden was their next target.
I informed the Utopian army and told them I was a PSR General. Despite the “ruckus” I’d caused, they agreed to travel with me to Eden to warn everybody.

After 10 hours (not real time for obvious reasons) we arrived in Eden, and evacuated everybody to the edges of Lunile (where there’s oxygen) for the time being. Suddenly, a loud bang was heard in the background - we saw a large explosion, and a fleet of airships flying past Lunile. We told the civilians to head back to Eden, but to take cover. The Lower Rank PSRs helped them.

The Eden; Valhalla, Marador, Helios and Neonia military flew after them. It turns out the air got more thick past Lunile. We couldn’t catch them up, and our whole fleet got caught in a twister and woke up hours later in a mysterious place. We’d lost the Marador, Helios and Neonia ships. Great.
After travelling through the mysterious rocky areas, we found our ships and flew into the distance. We saw a huge futuristic area with alot of satelitte towers - some of the other planets were visible in the orange sky. In the sky were Erehwon’s ships.
After some battling me and Lydia (Melody and Shadow were together somewhere else) flew into a metal passageway that was completely empty. We disembarked and went into the room ahead. Inside was a man, 10ft tall with medium-blue coloured armour and a large staff. He laughed, and beside him was the PSR Director (Erehwon’s).
The Director was crying next to him. The man simply ignored him, and with magical force threw him against the wall. He refused to tell us who he was, and did the same to us. Some PSR came in and helped us escape, but when we were escaping he threatened us.

The Director told us he was being manipulated by the man. He told him that if he didn’t make Erehwon do what they did, he would do untold damage. So Erehwon are the good guys now? I think so. They offered to help us find more about this mystery man. The Director called him ‘Master,’ nothing else.
It still doesn’t make sense that Erehwon are allies with Eden, despite thier past…

It’s getting really exciting :happy:
I’m yet to go to these locations in a lucid dream, but I’m sure I will soon.

Just thought I would check in with you guys. Largely I haven’t been able to communicate with Crystal for months, but I am able to talk to Siberia, who was appearing in my dreams more often for a while. I need to get back to working with her to get lucid again. How are things going for you guys? I haven’t heard from you in a while.

Yeah I also wondered what happened to this thread.

Some nights I talk with my characters a lot, and other times I don’t talk to them at all. Bad news is, things have been a little boring in Eternos. I won’t give up and I’ll keep exploring to see what happens. I won’t post my adventures since last time yet, because it’s really long and it’ll take me ages to type out. I’ll type it up some other time when I’m in the mood to do so.
The good news is - I’ve sorted out my insomnia problem, and thanks to LD and Daydreaming I feel more confident in real life (I don’t know why).

The other day I was listening to isochronic tones with noise-cancelling earphones. They’re really relaxing, but I haven’t got into a “vivid daydream” state yet. However, I do notice that I have more vivid thoughts. It’s hard to explain what I mean by ‘vivid thoughts,’ but that’s what I get.

Speaking of isochronic tones…I just reminded myself of the hypnosis file. I think I’m done with it, but I haven’t got round to shrinking the file size so it’s less than 50MB (it’s 211MB atm, which will take up a large space on my Walkman).
I’m not sure the file will work though; because the voice I am using sounds too robotic, and not “hypnosis-inducing.”

EDIT: I had my 2nd ever DEILD 2-3 weeks ago. I visualised me standing outside my house whilst in SP, and when I opened my eyes I was standing up, outside my house on a summer’s day. I was blown away at how vivid the dream was. I got too excited and lost stability, but regained stability. I admired the vividity - it was like being in real life, and having 20/20 vision. I could feel the breeze blowing across my body - it was amazing. I lost lucidity 1 minute later, but it was one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had in a LD (with the other DEILD I had).

Next time I DEILD, I’m going to visualise that my character is with me when I visualise me standing outside my front door.

Hey guys, I thought I might just check in:

I’m so sorry for disappearing, life has been hectic as I’ve been preparing my portfolio for the animation program I’ve been aiming for. I’m now in recovery mode since the last 6 months have been crazy.

Naknus and I have grown closer, though the rest of my characters have become weaker with lack of involvement. I have moved away from Aria and have started focusing on making more acute observations of the world around me, and generally getting more involved: my motive for this used to be to create more convincing characters and scenarios, but I think now it is just to understand more.

I am glad the few who are still here are here. I haven’t been able to check anything posted, and I am off to scramble again so I may not be able to at all any time soon, but I wish everyone the best of luck.

If anything, I wish to leave this (underline?) one caveat in relation to my experience with our general character experience in the cumulative of the last 4 years:
Sentience in a character(in anything/one) is a HUGE responsibility. Particularly when that character becomes in-love-attached to another sentient being.

I don’t say this as a joke, it is a tremendous blessing and burden, and if you choose to continue to support them it is in essence keeping a child who must be tended to through keeping them connected. Connection is the single most important thing for any sentient being.

As always, please don’t hesitate in contacting me if you need me! I check my e-mails frequently and will never choose to ignore messages.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Happy Lucids, and happy days.
Tal

Tal! It is nice to see you again. Things have been hectic with me as well, which is why I haven’t been around here as much as I would like to be. As with you, most of my characters and I have grown apart, but there is one who has stuck by me through thick and thin (some of you will remember me talking about Siberia). Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to dedicate any time at all to being inside of the world my characters inhabit, and the only time I get any interaction at all is when Siberia comes to see me or on the weekends when I spend time with her family.

In any case, that is how things have been with me. I won’t say much else here since you aren’t likely to read it, but it is nice to see you again.

Hi Talon, it’s great to see you again :content:

I seem to keep growing closer to all of the incarnations of The Doctor. It’s kind of neat because they all remember me from our times together with The Second Doctor. I guess I wasn’t expecting 9 other characters to know me so well, but it makes sense since they all are technically the same person.

I hope you and your other characters get back together, and thank you again for creating this technique :smile:

It’s good to hear from you again, Talon :smile:

I haven’t posted in ages but I’ve still been communicating with my characters. Some days I don’t feel like communicating, but others I feel very engaged with the situation me and my characters are in.

I can’t seem to get isochronic tones to work for me. I can get really relaxed and can think more easily, but I can’t get them to do what they’re supposed to do.
I’ve been using the ‘vivid daydream’ purpose tones to try and communicate with my characters more deeply, but they don’t seem to have any effect.
Do isochronic tones work with headphones, not just out loud? That might be the problem. Ah, I’ll soon find out.
I’ve solved my insomnia problem but not my anxiety problem, and because of it I’ve been getting a lot of headaches and I can’t seem to put my mind to rest. That could be a reason why I don’t feel that “in touch” as I used to…

I’ve explored a new part of Eternos, as I’ve gotten away from Eden and such whilst they’re repairing it. I travelled to that continent through a teleport. Since the PSR Director’s leader couldn’t go through as we sealed it just as we went through, he has grown angry. The barrier separating to two continents stops us from meeting, hence why we escaped with a teleport. Happy days.

Still no LDs with my characters since last year, but I’m still trying.

Has anyone found that their characters evolve dramatically as you interact with them? I was just thinking today about my first character, Jet. When I first made her, she had a complex back story, but now I’m finding that her personality isn’t what I thought it was at first, and she kind of needs a different back story to fit her personality. I’m trying to just go with the flow and let her character develop on its own instead of forcing it into the initial mold I made for her… has anyone else experienced this?

Mecha: Hey wow, good to see you again Talon! (I should really check this thread more often, XD)

Aiden: TAKO!!! backflips :slight_smile: hugs Takone

Mecha: to TinyNinja I’ve certainly noticed it with a number of my characters, Saichania and Crysar in particular, and to a lesser extent, Skaith and Aiden. Morph and Vesper… have actually stayed pretty consistent over time and AVE hasn’t interacted with us enough yet to have had a chance to meaningfully evolve.

Yeah, that’s happened to me before. My newer characters Dragon and Hyperion had backstories about living in a city floating high in the air, but as my adventure went my mind thought of a new idea by itself; and as a result of that they told me something about their backstory that shocked me.

It still puzzles me how my characters respond to me without me thinking up a response for them. It might have something to do with their personality…like my mind associates a personality with what that personality type is like, and that’s what takes the form of one of my characters.

This morning I tried to DEILD but had a false awakening…I was trying to get to Eternos. Nevermind, I’ll try again tonight.

I have found this as well, but I think that this is just a natural feature of a sentient being, thought-forms included. For example, one of my characters used to be the type of person who cared about almost no one and showed concern for few people other than herself, but over the years she turned into a very compassionate person who is always pleasant to be around.

As far as the back story goes, she was who she was, but now she is who she is, if that makes sense. One never seems to invalidate the other because they both draw changes from the other. It doesn’t necessarily change her history, in my case, but it does change what she does about it.

That makes a lot of sense, wolvendeer. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has experienced dramatic changes in their characters! Now that I think about it, I’m kind of reminded of meeting other humans; sometimes after talking with them for a while and getting to know them, you see a different side of them than what you originally did. I’m going to try and talk with Jet some more and figure out whether she wants to give me a completely different back story, or if she has just changed personality-wise since I’ve known her.