The lucid fruit

after reading about the effects of apple juice and vitamin b6 on LDs I got kinda excited and tried them out. well… neither work for me. bit of a letdown. lucky others :happy:

so are you saying that anything with vitamin b6 should help?

Not necessarily, B6 has shown to help increase vividness, but this topic is mainly on apples, which if eaten, especially during WBTB, will generally greatly increase vividness, and as a result, a good chance of becoming lucid.

Interesting… will try it this night! I also knew about the fact that babans help and I try it from time to time but it doesn’t work always.

The truth is that vitamines B6 and B12 help to get a clear and vivid dream. I also heard that you can just buy these vitamines from a drug store and it will help you to have more vivid dreams…

I’m gonna try this tonight, not the juice just the apple .

Tried it last night with apple juice. I did remember one long dream with quite a lot of details, which is pretty rare for me lately. I even did 2 RC’s in the dream, but for the first time the nose pinching RC actually failed me, because I actually couldn’t breath through my nose in my dream…weird, maybe the dream was a little too realistic. :tongue:

the same thing happened to me in one of my dreams!!! i did a total of 2 nose-pinching RC’s and neither worked- i couldn’t breath!!

I’ve found strawberries and bananas to be the most effective fruits.

Now it’s the fruits? :tongue: I remember before drinking milk was said to increase recall and vividness (worked for me) haha I’ll test out the apple now.

After reading this post last night, I drank about one glass of apple juice before I went to bed. That’s it.

I ended up having an extremely long dream. For the most part it was really vivid. I’m going to experiment with this for a few more nights:) I’ll probably drink more tonight, like 2 or 3 glasses.

I’m not sure if it’s sweetened or unsweetened though. The label doesn’t really say.

Yeah! I do chocolate milk because chocolate’s supposed to be good for dreams, too.

LOL! Nicee 2in1! Doubles your recall and vividness :cool: . I actually had some chocolate late last night, and recaledl some long dream plus a lucid one :content: . I still have to try this apple one.

Sounds really interesting, I’m hoping this can work a miracle and bring me my first LD! I wasn’t able to get my hands on any apple juice today, but I’m giving cranberry juice a shot for tonight. I’ll let you guys know how it goes!

sounds cool! ill give it a go!

Okay, well I tried cranberry juice last night, and remembered 3 dreams. For the past week or so, I’ve only remembered one. Maybe it’s just placebo, or a coincidence. I didn’t get that first LD D: I’m going to try AJ tonight!

Due to all the claims on here, last night, before bed, I had: Chocolate milk, an apple, and a banana. I can clearly remember three dreams, and parts of one other. All four dreams were rather vivid, and all were fun. It seems to work quite well, I usually remember one normal dream, and parts of two or three.

Well, I bought a jug of apple juice and tested it out. 1 glass of apple juice did not really do anything for my dream, I tried 2 glasses the next day, and it kind of influenced my dreams I guess, I didn’t really see a big difference though. So I guess this doesn’t work with everybody :tongue: , I’m sticking with milk.

Regarding bananas, I seem to remember that for having the amount of B6 vitamin enough to hope the side effect which occurs on certain people and give them sometimes vivid dreams, which is supposed to help having LD’s, you should eat 13.6 kg of bananas* before going to sleep. :rofl:

Thus, about apples, how many gallons of juice are needed here to drink each night? :tongue:

(* : B6 amount recommended in the hope of vivid dreams side effect = 50 mg; B6 found in 0.1 kg of banana = 0.367 mg)

Bit of a bump, but I had 1 and a half cups of apple juice and I got two normal vivid dreams and a lucid, still vivid.

I’m going to try again tonight and see what happens…

Ok, I’ve done some researches.

First, the active substance in the apple is the acetylcholine, a neuro-transmitter. For the acetylcholine to be active, you need B5 vitamin, Dimethylaminoethanol, acetyl-L carnitine, Methionine and chloline. Dont worry, we eat that almost all days of life!!!

The B5 vitamin provokes an chemical reaction and synthetise chloline into acetylcholine. B5 need acetyl-L carnitine to be able to do it. To have chloline, you need Methionine to change the Dimethylaminoethanol into it. There are several type of food that give us these nutriments.

Dimethylaminoethanol:

• sardine

Chloline:

• eggs, liver, wheat germs, porc, beef, soja, shrimps, cod, peanut butter, almonds, macadam nuts, artichoke, brocoli, cabbage

Methionine:

• cod, parmejano, tuna, turkey, porc, veal

B5:

• chocolate, liver, sunflower seeds, wheat, eggs

Acetyl-L Carnitine:

• sheep, lamb, baking powder, beef, chicken, milk