Is My Dream Recall Good Enough?

Hi there. I’ve recorded dreams for a couple of weeks now. In Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, Stephen Laberge recommends one dream a night before practising induction techniques. Well, I remember a few dreams a night. Like yesterday 6 dreams, today 3. But they aren’t full dreams. I seem to always remember fragments only. My question is am I ready to start induction techniques now, or focus on improving my dream recall for the moment? Is this normal(remembering dream fragments) or am I doing something wrong? By saying dream fragments, I don’t mean just a short scene or a glimpse. I mean I can write a few pages and I know what I’m dreaming about, but there seems to be some moments in the dream where I can’t recall anything. Like first I’m talking with a woman then there will be a part of nothingness, then I’m riding a bicycle, then nothing…you know what I mean?

You can check my DJ to see.

It’s a promising start! I think your DR is ready for induction techniques. But if you feel like you need some more time on improving DR, then do that first… I’ve also read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, and I start with techniques when I remember 1 dream… But one vivid and detailed dream of course with other 2 or 3 dreams peer night…

I understand what you mean about those fragments… It’s happening to me also… But DR is pretty tricky… One night your dreaming very vivid, another night you can barely remember a few fragments, and so on… But don’t worry about it… When you start with techniques everything will be ok, but keep writing dreams in DJ, don’t stop updating your DJ!

I hope you will have many LD’s! Good luck! :happy:

Thanks for replying dB_FTS :smile:
I think I’ll stick with improving dream recall for a few days first, after that I’ll start induction techiniques. I like to do things at my own pace.

Okay. I won’t although I take a long time(a couple of hours at least) to write down my dreams.

Thank you! :content:

I agree with you… Do things how you wanna do it… Because on the end that’s all it matters… We have all this guides and FAQ’s about HOW TO… But those are just basics steps, steps that applies almost on everybody, so every technique you need to adjust to your own needs and your ways…

My opinion is that it’s great that your spending so much time on writing your dreams… Because more time you spend on dreams, either writing them or analyzing them the more you think about them and you have greater chance to become lucid…