[Game] Is This Reality?

Take your time Beat Doctor :smile: it should be made properly, but I must admit I look forward for the screenie :grin:

This sounds amazing to be honest…
But one thing I’d recommend is to get someone who’s really good at writing to write the dialogue and such, cause nothing ruins games like that more than poor dialogue.

Not saying that you’re bad at writing or anything though :razz:

Yes, I’ve thought of that earlier. I’ll probably get someone.

one word : awesome[/size] :ok:

Can’t wait! :grin:

First Graphics Tease
Click Here!
A work-in-progress graphics tease. The character, for example, is literally a half-a-minute sketch. Sky needs to be changed (too boring and repetative), I have two options, to animate the rain or to replace it with stars–

And yes, image is 2x streched and it has 11 colors at total.

The [game] at the beginning of this post is making me lose >.<

But the graphics look promising :content:

Well, I think everyone should know the thread is about a game (even before entering), and not some Inception-wannabe philosophy.

But anyways, thanks for the compliment regarding graphics :wink:.

I keep losing too >.>

But back to topic: the game looks good and I look forward for it once its complete

Loved it :eek:

Looks really cool, I think stars would be more fitting then rain.

I really like the way the image looks and more imporantly I really think it is fitting for a game like this, it works. :happy: Rain really works but yeah then I’d say you’d have to animate it, and I don’t know how much work that is so I don’t know if it’s worth the effort. Another idea for a background; skies in dreams can be really amazing. Couldn’t you just take a picture of a nice looking piece of sky and adjust the colors until you have an abstract dreamsky?
Also just a question; Are you going to use this theme throughout the game or will different levels have different themes?
Anyway great work! Keep it up!

Thanks to all for the kind words.
And thank you Blender for the suggestion, but firstly I must see a dream sky to know how it looks like. I think I’ll try to see it in my next LD. Or maybe I’ll use autosuggestion. Anyways, until I come up with a solution I’ll make the other part of the level.

Themes will change. Like I said, every few level a new dream, and dreams are always so different, right?

good point… keep it up

So how is the game coming along, buddy? I did download AGS and I played around with it for a while. It’s a really cool game-development tool, indeed.

I see the first problem is creating graphics. Your image looks really promising. Are you simply drawing in Paint with your mouse? I would love to help you with graphics (I love drawing). But mouse-drawing… Mhh, I am not that good :meh: If only I had a digital drawing board drools

You don’t need a digital drawing board (called graphic tablet) for pixel art. It would save some time, but you don’t need one actually. I don’t use one. I am working with Photoshop (sometimes layers really help), plus, there’s no transparency in Paint.

Currently I have absolutely no progress mainly because I had issues with my scanner, then I threw it away, then had an idea just to take pictures of the drawing with my cell-phone, but then there was no good contrast and I had to buy a rapidograph, and I can’t find it anywhere. And now I have a contest in the school to do (design a notebook).

I guess I have to start working on the game a bit.

Wow… this looks like it could be fantastic if pulled off correctly. I fully support this, and I’ll be watching how it goes! :smile:

Nice graphics tease, by the way… I think that rain would work excellently for atmosphere, and the sleepy-looking colors are just right. And, if I may offer a suggestion, you could browse through people’s dream journals (with their permission, of course) to find ideas for the game.

Just so you know … the graphics tease is my desktop wallpaper for now :cool:
Waiting to see it finished.

Hmm… I had many personal problems for past few months which I have solved in the meantime (I even had to give up LD’ing because I couldn’t concentrate)… But now I solved it all, except for grades in school (but that’s a minor). Still, don’t expect anything too soon.

this looks really really cool, so if you have a chance… please continue your promising work :content: