DC's and Mirrors?

Last night i had my first LD for over a year and it was the longest one i have ever had :grin: I realised i was dreaming suddenly without any Dream signs or anything :eh: I remember trying to make the phone ring by pointing at it and when that worked i was certain i was dreaming. :content:

I remember rubbing my hands as i explored the old house, I asked a DC where my friend was because he was meant to be there from the previous dream i had, they pointed me in the right direction and i eventually found him but he was inside one of the many mirrors across the walls of the room and i couldnt hear him and he couldnt hear me, i tried speaking out to get him to come through it didnt work, he eventually came through via visualizing but i immeadiately woke up as he appeared :sad:

Does anyone else have problems with DC’s and mirrors? Most of the DC’s which occur in my dreams just appear naturally through doors etc but the ones i wanted to see are nearly always stuck in odd places but mainly mirrors and glass? any one got any ideas on how to stop this? :help: :confused:

I’ve had some tricky things with mirrors - it’s weird because they can be really handy for getting to people, or just really frustrating. I had one dream where I was looking for a particular DC and finally found him in a mirror in a public bathroom, showing up as what should have been the reflection of the woman standing next to me. Tried to put my hand through the mirror at him - nope. Tried reaching over and grabbing onto the character next to me so that my reflection was touching his - nope, now I’m just grabbing a stranger’s arm. :neutral:

If you haven’t tried just reaching through the glass and grabbing the person, I’d suggest that first - plus it’s fun to stick your hand through solid objects. :content: There are probably lots of ways to try getting at somebody through a mirror though, and I’d just go ahead and try as many as you can. What happens if you break the glass? If you decide the mirror is a door and hinge it open?

Okay, now you’ve gotten me interested, I’m going to have to go find a mirror the next time I get lucid.

Thanks for your help! I havent had much experience with LDs becuase the 5 ive had have only been 2 or 3 seconds long! :content: So this one was a good one! :content: I managed to get my friend out of the mirror but as he materialized next to me i woke up! Just my luck :tongue:

Thanks for your ideas about the mirrors, i will try them when i am a more competant LD’er! Thanks :content:

I also noticed that my own reflection in the mirrors was smiling when i was frowning and vice versa and doing everything i wasnt doing and looked rather distorted and blurry :eh:

Anyone know how to correct this? :help:

I don’t think we have much control over our own outlook in the mirror. In my opinion, a reflection of yourself is a highly complex task for your brain, as you actually do not really know how you look like. You just have a certain idea about yourself, which is strongly influenced by your SC, and all this has to be projected into your dream scenario. Probably one’s mind is too “blurred” for this while still sleeping.

Maybe you just should accept what you see there. If you want to see the reality, it’s easier to wake up and go to a real mirror. :smile:

I have had several expiriences with mirrors in my LDs’. In my very first LD i was getting ready for school and I glanced in the mirror. Instead of my normal clothes I was wearing a Jean Jacket. Deciding that it looked cool I left it there, to my dismay it was gone.

Mirrors are tricky and you probably shouldn’t look into them, especially in an LD because not only are mirrors very unstable but also they are the reflection of how you imagine yourself, so if you think you’re ugly be prepared for a rude awakening! (Pun intended)