Reality checks

How many reality checks should I do? I mean different types of checks.
Is it best if I do just 1 type of check or 2-3?

//Gogo

I use one main one and have a couple on standby. The most reliable seems to be pinching your nose and trying to breathe. If it shows you are awake, you could follow it up with something like trying to put a finger through your palm. The main thing is to just get in the habit of doubting whether you are awake or not. If you can do that then you’ll be on the right track.

Thanks for the answer. When I’m doing reality checks I thinking for myself “Am I dreaming?”
One thing that I have more problem is to remember that I should do reality checks more often.

Every time you think about LD’s, do a reality check. Did you do one now?
Also, do reality checks every time you see something that is atleast slightly odd.
You can get a RC totem. Its basically an item you weat either around your neck or around your wrist. Every time you see it, you do a reality check. Your cell phone can be a RC totem too. Anything can.

EDIT: You are now playing The Game. Every time you think of it, you lose it and you must do a reality check.

However the nose RC doesn´t work if you have a bad cold, believe me, been there. :wink: So my tip is to have like two RC, one main and one backup. :content:

Ive only LD’d about 5 times and all of them were triggered by suddenly saying ‘im dreaming’ :woo: and i use the Nose pinching and looking at my hands checks as a confirmation! But they are the only ones i use and they are very reliable! :content: I then almost religiously rub my hands together to sustain the LD, rubbing my hands has become second nature due to the cold weather! :wink: Good Luck! :content:

Always keep a spare RC. I also thought I didn’t need one, because the nose pinching worked every time…2 weeks ago I did get tricked by it. :tongue:

The same thing happened to be with the finger counting RC :tongue:.

I agree with what’s already been mentioned - It’s good to have at least one backup RC. I have one that I use about 80% of the time (finger counting), and two backups.
The vast majority of the time I become lucid using my main RC.

Although it’s been said 1000 times before, when you do RC’s IRL, make sure you actually question reality and don’t do it mindlessly. This should increase the chance of you becoming lucid when it’s done in a dream (whether directly from the RC or not).

Thanks everyone for the great tips! I should test it and hope it’s working.
Mine standard RC is to poke a finger in the hand. I also looked at clocks and texts like a backup.
Today have I done more RCs than before. A great success. :smile:

For some nights ago I have a strange feeling of that I know that I’m dreaming but it was not because I were doing a RC.
Almost all my dreams have been associated to the IRL.

Two days ago I was in my mother’s house, at the WC, to take a wizz. Being totally certain of being awake I thought by myself, “dude, would be creepy if you’d once be in a dream at the toilet and wouldn’t realize it… Better do some RC training in such a situation.” So I did a nose RC… with my free hand. :wink:

Guess what. I was breathing nicely through my fingers. Panic!! So I immediately stopped evertything I was doing at the moment, repeated the nose RC two times, but the RC was normal then. But I still was so shocked from the first RC with OBVIOUSLY false result, that I woke up… confused… but dry :happy:

I had bet my 12th finger that I’m awake and totally clear.

I keep two reality checks ready, double-checking a clock and breathing through a sealed nose. I use double-checking a clock because it’s the one that has actually worked for me, and I use breathing because I can do it withought light or special equipment. (Except that the last time I wondered if I was dreaming, I forgot I could hold my nose and try to breathe, but it sounds good in theory.) I also try to tie reality checks to activities I dream about frequently; for example I often dream about being in a video game or playing video games, so whenever I see a video game or think about one, I do a reality check.

I usually use 4 RC’s… lol

I don’t use them in any specific order, but I always count my fingers, read a text or look at a clock 2 times, pinch my nose and poke my finger in my hand.

The only one that has failed to me has been the one of poking the finger in my hand…