How to seperate an FLD from an LD?

Just curious, How can I separate an LD from a FLD
In case my first ever lucid dream was just an FLD :cry:

Lucid Dream is a conscious dream, you know you are dreaming while FLD is a dream that you do lucid stuff without realising you are dreaming :wink:

Wrong GHOSTIE, that would make all WILD’s FLD.

I actually agee with ghostie, a FLD is doing lucid stuff without realising you are dreaming.

Although I am confused on why all WILD’s would be FLD if that was true, could someone please explain? :shy:

I see why you would think that. It seems that GHOSTIE gave a slightly incorrect definition. A more correct one would be: An FLD is a dream where you do lucid stuff but are unaware that you are dreaming.

I don’t see a problem with Ghost’s definition… An LD you know that you’re dreaming and in an FLD you don’t. I see that a lot of times people worry whether they had an FLD or LD but it’s really as simple as asking yourself whether you were aware that you were dreaming or not.

Why would WILDs be FLDs? In a successful WILD you go straight into a dream, and you know that. That’s not an FLD, that’s an actual LD. If WILD fails, you’re just as likely to go into an ND that you don’t use powers like you would in an FLD.

Sorry for defining in a too weird way, but WILD has three outcomes (if entering a dream), LD, FLD or an ND and all three are actually possible :wink:

But a WILD, by definition is a lucid dream (hence the LD), not a ND. Your definition says that there’s a moment in a real lucid dream where we realize that we are dreaming, while in FLD there’s no such moment. Well, that would make all WILD’s FLD’s because there is no moment of realization, we know that we are lying in our beds, motionless all the time.

Hmm, it means that the correct term of FLD should be that we dont know that we are dreaming? Plus there can be WILD’s that fail while in dream, it is possible, maybe not common though :shrug:

WILD is a lucid dream. Not a non-lucid dream. It can fail, but it is not WILD anymore the minute it fails. It is WILD only until you lose conciousness. So if you have a WILD and you lose conciousness at 5th minute of the LD, and it continues as a ND, you had a 5-minute WILD. But most of the times you don’t lose conciousness fully.

The definitions are all messed up IMO. It comes down to the point where FLD and low lucidity-level LD’s are the same, or FLD should apply only on DILD’s or RCILD, not on WILD’s

I for one disagrees with Ghosties definition :shy: I have been flying in dreams all my life, long before i heard about LD’s. And I don’t consider those dreams to be FLD’s. I am having dreams today where i still do “lucid stuff” but they are not LD’s. But i still don’t think they are FLD’s.

I have had dreams where I do get lucid, but very low lucidity. Almost as if I can’t control myself within the dream. I may do lucid stuff, i may no non-lucid stuff. It’s those kind of dreams where you get lucid but when you wake up it didn’t quite feel like a lucid dream. That’s what i call an FLD. It’s hard for me to describe.

They are still hard to separate though.

I think we could seperate them by time of recall. If you recall it the second you wake up, its a LD. You were concious of what was happening and you basically continued to be concious, its just like you did something IRL two minutes earlier and recall it happening.

If you need some time to recall it (and when you recall it you say in your mind something like “Ah, yes, that was it”), it was probably a FLD.

This is only for me, I don’t know about you guys. Also, there is this feeling.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/this-feeling/34315/2

I was in a building, looked at my hands, realized I was dreaming (Or think I did)
Was excited and nervous at the same time, I was so happy I was nervous lol
I thought of what to do next, and came the rush
“Mom will wake me up for school oh my god oh my god! What do i do What do i do?!”
Then I started to lose lucidity I guess,
Before it totally drained up, i did mess around a bit, levitating, teleporting, messing around with colours of the background
When it did drain up, i woke up, maybe the drainage started coz imagined it draining
Damn you, school! :razz:
But it was an LD right?

Ye, it was.

I don’t think it’s about recall either. FLD’s generally have less recall, but they are not FLD’s because of the recall.

I agree, bringing in recall will only confuse things in my opinion. A Lucid Dream is a dream where you know you were dreaming, whilst you are in the dream. Recall is unrelated, perhaps trends might happen, but I think it will cause confusion if it is tied to the core definition.

I would define A False Lucid Dream, as a dreaming about what might happen if you Lucid Dreamed. Which is what makes it confusing to identify. It’s like a story playing out where you act like it was a lucid dream, doing what you might have imagined, but you aren’t aware its a dream exactly, its just part of the storyline of the dream. To me a dream where you do lucid stuff like flying, is just an ND, all be it an interesting one, unless you are doing that stuff as part of the storyline of it being an LD.

Somebody might have already said this, but the way you can seperate the two is the question, Did you at any point have that, “I’m dreaming!” moment? If you never clicked, but had powers, it was a FLD, if you did have the click, it was a LD.
After my first LD, I started to question myself too, but I had the click, so it was definately a LD.

I didn’t mean recall by itself, but time of recall. When I wake up from a LD, I actually feel the dream fading, but while waking up from a ND I just feel dream memory fading. And onces I wake up from a LD I remember it instantly.

@madison: That definition does not work for WILD method.

I don’t even think the term “False Lucid Dream” is necessary. It just confuses things and perhaps even have some physiological effect that actually gives us FLD’s. As I said I’ve had lucid dream that could be considered “false”, but I’d rather just call them “less lucid” to avoid confusion.

I also have hard times comparing my FLD with LD cuz its almost the same thing, and i dont know how to know if i was lucid or not.