Binaural Beats part IV

A note about binaural beats and generally, brainwave entrainment,
as your brain gets used to it,
it gets more and more efficient.
At the beginning, it can have a very limited effect, and sometimes it doesn’t feel too good.
An adjustment period might need to take place.
It won’t take long though, and it’s only for the better.

i found some free binaural beats and tried em out last night, however i found it hard to get to sleep whilst listening to a Delta wave, do you think it might make sense to make a playlist which has calm songs like ‘Aqueous Transmission’ by Incubus :tongue: to make me go to sleep but then after that some Theta waves to make me LD. Sound like a good idea?

Thats good to hear, when I first explored Binaural beats tracks, I found that it didn’t really have an effect on me. But I never gave it a good chance. I also found that it kept my brain active, sometimes I wouldn’t be able to sleep. I should give it another go. :cool:

my pleasure :smile:

I’ve recently been looking into binaural beats to help with lucid dreaming. I’ve done a bit of searching, but haven’t been able to find any that are free. It would be impossible for me to actually buy one since my family would probably think I’m crazy :tongue: so I would really like to know if there are any free binaural beat generators or just preset audio files meant for lucid dreaming.

I haven’t been able to find one on my own, so it might just be poor searching skills or the fact that it’s almost two in the morning and I’m half asleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are some on youtube I believe.

I can’t believe I didn’t search Youtube, haha

I did a bit more research today and I created my own with Brainwave Generator, which should work if I did it right.

I made my own, (alpha one) and it relaxed me.

:woo:

i just recently found out about binaural beats. sounds pretty cool. :happy:

would anyone mind making me one that could help a bit with LD’ing/AP’ing? i don’t mean to sound lazy; i just saw a tutorial on how to make your own binaural beat, and after reading the first step, i was like, “??!”. :tongue:

I’ve downloaded Bwgen but never used it. I tried to make my own binaural beats with audacity and while they haven’t given me a LD yet they make it way easier to fall asleep. Anyway I have them on my ipod and usually listen to my most current creation on repeat throughout the whole night. Is that a good idea or should I just listen to it once?

I have a brainwave entrainment cd. I listen to it before bed as it supposedly triggers your brainwaves to go in ld mode. It is some what effective for me.

Has anyone tryed Hemi-Syncs Lucid dreaming DVD series? It’s quite interesting, it helps you relax before you dream and gives you cues to tell your mind you are dreaming while in the REM state.

By the way I’ve read that the ones from youtube have a very corrupted quality to them and won’t work as well

Ive searched for some mp3 in the internet but unfortunately i didnt findy any, so heres my question:
where can i download some binaural beats(in good quality and for free : D?) wich help WILDing oder MILDing?

I am a new member to this site, just joined a few hours ago, and so far I’ve spent my time reading all four parts of this big brainwave generator thread. I have found binaural beats to be quite fascinating, and have some advice for those looking to use them for various purposes.

Although this thread seems to be mostly dedicated to the BWGen program, I know of two other programs that are free to download and use. SBaGen is a free command line based program for making binaural beat files. Although it is command line based it has some nice interface options when installed on a windows based pc, and the preset files can be written and edited with notepad. Once you have a preset you want to listen to you can double click on it in explorer and it will open a console window and play automatically. In addition to being free and easy to use once you learn the coding format, it comes with quite a few presets ready to use.

The other program is Gnaural. Gnaural is a nice gui based program but it requires the GTK+ libraries to be installed to run properly. It is a little more complicated to learn to use than SBaGen but it has more features as well. One nice feature is that is allows you to add in your own sound files, so you can add inductions or background music to your presets. It does not however come with any presets other than the default that is loaded each time the program starts. Both of the programs are free to download and do not have to be registered to create/save/import preset files.

One thing to keep in mind is that everyone’s mind is different and a preset that works for one might not work for another, and your state of mind when starting greatly affects the results you will see when using binaural beats. I find it is best to pick a program that you find easy to use and experiment with several different beat frequency combinations, but don’t try to use more than a couple at a time to start with until you have a better idea of what works and what doesn’t. It is most effective if you start at a frequency close to your current state of mind and work down slowly to your desired state. Also when experimenting with beat combinations the carrier frequency or audible frequency is just as important as the beat frequency you are using. While trying out the audio files you should keep the volume at a mid to low level just above any background noise in the room. Also it helps to relax in a comfortable position with headphones on and close your eyes and listen to the sound. Pay special attention to any tingling/pulsing/vibrating you feel, and what frequencies they occur at, as these are signs that you are getting close.

A couple sites that can help you figure out where to start with experimenting are:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/bwgen-tutorial/21727 - has a chart that lists optimal carrier frequency for some beat frequencies, and - https://lunarsight.com/freq.htm - has a large list of frequencies and some of their effects.
I hope this information is helpful to some of you looking to use binaural beats to help achieve ld’s and ap’s.

I saw this topic and it really interested me in binaural beats, so the last few days I’ve been looking at different frequencies and have been trying to test them out. I haven’t used any presets, since Gnaural has only one and that’s not going to fit what I need. :tongue: Consequently, I’ve been trying to make my own. The last few nights I downloaded my fourth or fifth try at making one onto my iPod Shuffle so it would repeat all night long. The only annoying thing is that if it’s too long, it won’t fit on my 1 gig Shuffle so I can only fit one hour-or-so long one on to repeat. (I’d rather have three hours or so before it repeats… xP)

I’ve also gone slightly crazy and this is pretty much one of my new research projects, so I’ve been making ones for other things too. :music: Yeah, that’s me… I’ll find something new and interesting and I’ll go crazy over it for a while. Anyway, it seemed to work a few nights ago, though it may have just been coincidence and luck. It’s weird; I had the LDs after I woke up and took the earbuds and binaurals out of my ears and went back to sleep, as I’d originally planned to keep them in all night. :eek: But it seems like that’s how it’s supposed to work anyway…

I had also found Gnaural and the list on lunarsight. I don’t care much for presets, so I’m all right with the Gnaural, and the list is really nice to have. It’s been easier to fall asleep lately, and I’ve had a few LDs since I started using them… so I’ll see.

For those of you who create your own, what frequencies do you use for LDing? I’ve tried 3.9 lately; I had 5.0 with it, though it might not exactly help the LD part - I may change the 5.0 and see how it works.

have you tried using noise cancelling headphones that go over your ears? i read somewhere that those are supposed to work more efficiently

Hi everybody.
I have downloaded BWgen, and now I was wondering about what is the best teachique to combine with the binaural beats…
I have been trying to LD for 3months with no luck…

I make em if ya want some PM me. I even do Customs, they require a request and what song u want

I was really skeptic about binaural beats when I first read about them. Sound waves affecting conciousness, yeah, right…

Well, I listened to some free clips here for about 40 minutes before going to bed last night. My nonexistent dream recall jumped to 4 remembered dreams in a single night! :mrgreen: It could just as well be a coincidence, but I’ll definitely try binaural beats again today.