LC# 28: Winner, Siiw! Congratulations!

almost forgot about this :shy: my dreaming skills are so lame I could cry. but I did have a tiny LD this morning. Probably a bit longer than I remember, since my recall sucks even more than my LD’ing skills at the moment. I remember meeting a couple DC’s. one made me dig around in dirt and stones to get my vision working better lol (I bet it was the DC’s way to mock my low lucidity :tongue:)

i had an short LD :tongue: . i when flying, i don’t remember jumping in the air, i think i justed jumped.

Not been lucid for a while now :sad:
It’s just weird how the one thing that gives you the most happiness (LDing) seems so hard to get at times.

Medium LD last night :cool:

Sleeping late isn’t working very well for me :sad:

Last night in a dream, I found things odd and wondered if I may have been dreaming but was never certain.

Whew, I promise I’m not dead! I’ve been so busy with school I haven’t had much computer time. Here’s the update:

Dryanthala: Ok, so three short LD’s gets you |60 lucid pts|.

GHOSTIE11: Way to break the ice :razz: |20 early + 40 base (making a movie with friends) = 60 pts| as well as |30 lucid pts|

BeRightBack: So putting everything together you have |10 lucid moment + 40 long + 30 medium = 80 lucid pts|

Puce: Keep watching those movies! Even if the task is about to end, you can still get pts for it. |20 short + 30 medium = 50 lucid pts|

StarryGwee: Sadly FLD’s and semi’s don’t earn any pts, but you still did the second task so you get |30 base (talk to a wall) pts|.

ZRVera: Well even without tasks, lucid is lucid, right? |30 lucid pts|

idanl09: Seriously, I need to do a flying task since pretty much everyone here seems to do it so often :tongue:. |20 lucid pts|

mattias: Man, you need to get a good lucid soon so you can get these DC’s to stop pushing you around! :tongue: |20 lucid pts|

JC: Hey there! If you’d like to join the LC, please give me the average length of your LD’s and any personal task :content: . For now, you get |20 lucid pts|.

Obviously I had a lot of catch up to do, so if I missed something let me know so I can correct it!

Fifth Task: Face Your Fears!

Well we’re half way through the LC, so it’s time we go a bit deeper. We all have nightmares, and they’ve haunted us since we were children. Lucid dreaming gives us a chance to actually fight back and even get something out of the experience. This is what this task is all about.

Given the unpleasant nature of nightmares, I realize that this task could be very uncomfortable to some of you. If you don’t feel up to it, use this time to catch up on older tasks.

Note that I am not awarding points for having a nightmare; I don’t want you guys to intentionally try to induce one and possibly have a very disturbing dream just for some points. What I’m really looking for is for you to stand up to something you are afraid of in a dream if it comes along. Because of this, rather than awarding early points, this task will have a special 20 pts bonus any time you do it, not just while it is current.

The points are very cut-and-dry on this one:

Base Points:
Confront a fear in a dream (i.e. don’t run from it unless you genuinely feel threatened): 50 pts

Secondary Points:
Defeat your fear (or make peace with it): 50 pts

Repeatable Points:
Face more than one fear in one dream: 20 pts each

Oh noes! I did it again!! I had a dream about the task but didn’t read it yet. That’s the second time this is happening… I had a medium lucid dream about a evil dream character and confronted him, I asked his name and told him that I’m not afraid… at the end he didn’t feel like hurting me, instead he wanted to walk away. :tongue: The dream fades and I hear my boyfriend talk to me. Then I wake up.

Soo… euh… I don’t know if this dream counts? I did the task but didn’t knew about the task when I had the dream?

Two short lucids in the last few days. Well, I know I was lucid for probably three minutes or so each time, but I don’t remember the dreams and I know I didn’t do the tasks. I just pretty much remember the fact that I RCed and knew they were dreams and that they were rather short.

I don’t remember when, but it was when the task was active that I had a few lucids in a row one morning. I remember getting lucid in a dream, but not being inside anywhere. I was walking along on a frozen river. I was lucid for a few minutes, but didn’t start trying the LC right away because I thought it would be hard to find a place to watch a movie. Finally I decided I’d try to go to a Pirates of the Caribbean world, and stupidly jumped in a hole in the ice to try to drown myself again to switch dreams/scenes. At least this time I remembered that if my sight goes dark when I intentionally try to go into a different dream, I’ve almost always been waking up in an FA lately. Sure enough, I went into an FA and was pretty much immediately lucid from that. However, I don’t believe I attempted the LC at all at that point…

Then, I’m pretty sure it was an ND instead of an LD, but I remember a dream where I decided to try to go to a Star Wars universe instead. I’m pretty sure I got there for a minute or two, but I wasn’t there long.

(Yes, I’ve been very lazy about posting this… I should have done it when I first had these dreams. :eh: )

Edit: This task goes perfectly with my personal task since I wanted to revisit my childhood nightmares… and there’s two themes I remember (and I wish I could remember the third one). I could also try some more recent themes of my nightmares. I’m not sure I’ll attempt a dream that has a ghost in it… those are the worst of all of mine that I remember. The murderers are easier on my mind than the ghosts…

Was the task already posted by the time you had the dream? If so I think I can justify letting it count, otherwise that would be a no.

I think I sort of did the fifth one in a middle length LD I had last night. Here’s a brief summary (like summaries aren’t normally supposed to be brief):

SPOILER - Click to view

Basically in a dream I had, there was a pretty obvious and slow sniper who was trying to assasinate me for one reason or another. I knew about him and easily evaded all his attacks, but it still made me afraid of what would’ve happened if I got shot. But I got lucid after a while, and felt fed up with him and his doings. So the next time I noticed him, I remembered about this latest task and laughed inside for my luck. Having read the stuff here a few times over and over, I thought I shouldn’t run away anymore and wait for “death” (so that I would maybe get to see pretty cool stuff as well). I turned to face the guy, and let him shoot me. It was very pleasurable to see that I didn’t even bleed after standing a bullet in the chest. I walked around to find someone, but couldn’t manage doing it. And then woke up.

It’s also great to see that when I get lucid, I seem to have a natural ability to do anything at will. :content:

Yes it was already posted, just like the first time… maybe I have a precognitive gift. :tongue: I posted my dream at the Dutch forum at February 11, while you posted the message at the 10th (for Belgians like me, it was evening then)… It’s not a problem if you don’t count this dream as a task, maybe it was just a coincidence. :smile:

But, after that one, I had another 3 lucid dreams. (from the last few days) 2 short ones and a medium. :grin: I’m going fast… :woo:

I don’t have time to translate every one of them, for now, but if you want to see some proof, I will update my DJ soon at the NL forum. :smile:

I think my sleep schedule is pretty messed up right now. I had a dreamless sleep yesterday when I took a 2-hour-long afternoon nap, but fell right into a dream at night. I woke up 30 minutes after I went to bed.

+1 long LD for me without any of these tasks

I had a short LD this morning. I woke up from my alarm to get to work, but dosed off again. Moments later I was standing in front of a skyscraper and realized I was dreaming and was getting late for work. I doubted if I should wake up or continue the dream. I decided to try to fly to the top of the skyscraper and got pretty high (dodging a lot of falling people), but suddenly I couldn’t see anything anymore and I woke up (and needed to hurry to get to work). No tasks once again.

• 2 short LD’s

I did overcome a fear but didn’t remember the task, so that doesn’t count. (I can do better! :grin: )

+1 long LD (with a FA in between and regaining lucidity on the next dream)…No tasks completed, because the dream included a naked girl which was very distracting :wink:.

+1 short LD :cool:

Whoamg, I’m not dead. I didn’t want to post too many dreams about my job because they’re typically boring and I don’t care to remember them (why feel like I’m working more shifts than I am?); it took almost a month of no writing on LD4All to remember a dream not related to my job besides that it involved leaving it. This was a short LD.

Link to dream journal entry

Sorry I’ve been busy lately, now really sick :cry:. The only thing I could remember was an extremely vivid dream, I think it had a lot of meaning behind it. I’ll get back to this as soon as I recover!

Long LD this morning, there was background music but I didn’t remember it afterwards