Strange fingers.

Ok. So last night I had another LD. When I LD, I don’t require reality checks, i just kind of fall into realizing that I’m in a dream. This time when I was lucid, I got to thinking about this forum, so for fun i did a couple things I’ve heard about doing on here. But before I decided to do those things, it occurred to me that I hadn’t seen something in my dream that in my teenage years was ALWAYS there. So I decided to check on it. It used to be that when I flew, at a height of around 60 feet, there were layers upon layers of power lines, which prevented me from going in any direction. Again I hadn’t flown up that high for years. When I looked up, I could only see the typical power lines, so I thought I would be OK. But when I flew upward, the layers and walls of power lines appeared around me. So I landed.

The next thing I decided to do was to try the shape shifting idea. In the past this just hasn’t worked for me. When I tried, I went for the dragon. I took the posture of a dragon, and things did change in a way. I couldn’t tell if i had actually changed shape completely, but I did feel extensions, and my arms and hands grew. They were ephemeral, and I couldn’t see detail in them, but rather some kind of non translucent ghostly appearance. I couldn’t make anything take full shape, so i just gave up and moved on.

I remember the other day seeing the lucid dreaming quest for february being to step into a painting, so i thought I’d try it. I approached a house, and opened the door, but then closed it and walked through it. I looked around for a painting, and couldn’t find one, but I did find a decent sized clock. It was about 2 feet in diameter, so approached it, thought for a second, and then I either made the entire world grow, or I shrunk myself, and flew inside. At first all I saw around me was white static like you see on a TV with no station. I traveled further inside and continued to get smaller. As the fabrics of the static became bigger, I began to see more detail of what they were made of. They appeared to be masses of white numbers in black space! As I got deep inside, I was surrounded by pillars and rows of white numbers in what seemed to be an infinite black space. It was similar to ‘the matrix’s’ green numbers and letters on a black screen, but 3d, white numbers, rows, columns and collected masses of numbers. After a few moments of looking around, I left the scene. I teleported out, back onto the street. (is teleported spelled right? spellchecker seems to think not)

I got to thinking about methods of RC, and one of the things that came to mind was the six fingers thing. I’ve never payed extra attention to the number of fingers on my hands, but I don’t remember ever actually seeing six fingers, so I looked. My left has was normal. Four fingers, one thumb. Nothing special there. But when I looked at my right hand, I saw something really bizarre. I didn’t have six fingers. I thought I had much more, but it was blurry. When I focused more on my hands, they became clear. I did in fact have five fingers. I didn’t pay attention to whether or not I had a thumb, because this other thing drove me away from that thought rather quickly. Half way up my fingers from my hand, my fingers split into two other fingers, like roots. and a short ways after that, they split again. They had the perfect detail of my hands, but I ended up having twenty fingernails. There was no process of splitting, but they were already split when I came into focus on them. I was under perfect realization it was a dream, so I was somewhat fascinated, and eager to post about it here. But now that I’m thinking about it, it’s rather creepy. I will work on drawing it. I use my hands in my dreams a lot, and they have never been like that. So I’m thinking it was just lack of control of trying to materialize something in my dream.

From then, I just did a few silly things until I woke up. :tongue:
One thing that I realize now, is that in the past, LD’s usually became foggy for me. This time it remained as material as a normal dream, which I’m happy about.

Though I didn’t really accomplish anything, I think in the future I’ll look at my hands again, continue to check the skies for heavy power line traffic, and keep trying at the transformation.

Haha, the thing about fingers! In my DJ, the scene that you described with adjective creepy I described it with brutal! And it was the same thing, the first finger too middle one on right was splitting in two more… It was something brutal! :happy:

Peace!

Edit: and I have to say that after this dream I never look at my hands the same! :happy: