Dream Clock

The dream clock is a tool of (to my knowledge) WritersCube’s invention, which he uses to keep track of how long he can remain in his LDs before waking up, as well as to control the lengths of his LDs. I haven’t read of anyone else using the clock like he does, so if you want to know more you should ask him–or read his DJ, since it’s interesting and plenty of people have already asked him about his dreams.

So, is it like every minute felt like it was just as long as a minute irl; and you spent 48 hours in your dream? :smile:

Ya, WritersCube is probably the one who came up with the idea about the dream clock. I’ve only read about it in his DJ, and can’t find anything like it when googling it either.

Well, yeah, it was like living every second. Of course, you can’t actually know how long time is because you can’t look at a clock or anything, but you just have to base it on how long it seemed; and it SEEMED that I was there for about 36ish hours (not 2 full days) and lived every second (second of dream time that is)! :happy:

The experience must be wonderful!

But doesn’t it get tiring to keep staying aware all the time? Is it like when you read many guides, that you constantly must keep reminding yourself that your dreaming, don’t stop and look at things for too long and stuff like that?

On continuing dreams, for a long while I’d be able to choose to continue a dream when I had woken up just slightly - I’d be just barely asleep, the image would be gone, but I’d choose to continue the dream, and on it went. The option didn’t work after so long, though - the time that I was alotted in the dream started getting shorter and shorter.

For that matter, I didn’t become lucid in any of the dreams I did that in. Go figure!

I created the idea of making and using my Dream Clock out of mainly from the challenge of wanting to do great things over the course of a single night’s LD rather than having to make multiple revisits to that same dreamscape. Of course this was before I came to realize how I start to miss things when I’m gone for too long, which is why I only now use my Dream Clock when I really feel like taking a dream vacation :dream:

As for how it works, it works by keeping track of two different sets of time. How much real time I wish to spend dreaming, and how much dream time I wish to spend within that frame of real time.

For example–I wish to spend a week in a dreamscape, say the dreamscape of Tech, to jam to music for seven days straight. I’m going to go to bed and I wish to sleep for just a normal seven hours.
I key into my DreamClock:

[168 Hours Dream Time]
[7 Hours Real Time]

Upon doing that, I then press the simple green Start Button and off I go. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily have to be done on some dream object–my Dream Clock can be used through the simple use of a Heads-Up Display.

Heck you can even put the Dream Clock on a singing fish, and it’ll work all the same.

:rofl:

No but seriously, that’s brilliant… that must be a LDing masterpiece and a copy should be stalled in a dreammuseum :content:

That gave me an idea… anyone ever tried to go to the museum in a LD? See what you’d find there?

Has anyone had any luck with this technique? I plan to try it, but I’ve got to work on getting more LD’s first :tongue: .

i just started listening to bin. beats and it does help me become lucid in dreams but only for about 10 to 30 seconds im unable to make it stable. i think this dream clock may help me im going to try it thanks all.

Hmmmm… i think it’s a brilliant idea, still, i can’t stop wondering what would happen if you would set “sleep in real life 1 year” . What would happen ?

I don’t think very much would happen. My guess would be it would give you an error message or similar, you wouldn’t really sleep a year. I’m not an expert on this, however, so someone with more experience would probably give better information.

moved into existing topic
So I recently heard about this dream clock idea and how it’s supposed to work but what I read about it was quite vague. If anyone could clear this up for me and if it actually works that’d be fantastic! Thank you!

Do you mean something like the dream clock that WritersCube uses? That link will take you to his own explanation on the subject.

I though about something similare with that ! Like a watch that you have on your hand with no numbers and no time… Just a black screen and when the dream will almost end ! The watch start biping and being red or whatever ! Something that tells you that the dream is almost over ! And grab something in the dream to make it longer ! Or if the sound doesnt stop, then enjoy your last moments in the dream, like saying good bye to one of your DCs that you spent almost the half of the time in the dream etc… I though it was an intresting thing that i will experience :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried using this dreamclock besides writerscube and was successful in doing so? And does he even come on here anymore?

I did use it once but it didn’t work the way he described it. Well it was some time ago and it did look similar to what I designed in photoshop. Although I’m afraid that the dream clock is a faulty concept because one cannot dream let’s say 7 hours straight because of our sleep cycles which cycle repeatedly in intervals of approx 90 minutes which means that you can’t technically dream in one piece longer then approx 90 minutes which is in theory even shorter period of time.

Well if you wondered here’s my concept design of the dream clock. I still think it’s a great tool but not for controlling the time. I guess you could bet on faulty dream logic and you could expend somehow the time you stay in the dream but still that time wouldn’t be longer then actual 90 minutes from waking life. I guess it’s one of the dreams where you dreamt that you where somewhere for days and when you woke up, only few minutes passed…

So then lets say that you put in your said dreamclock [60 mins real time = 1 week dream time]. Since you’ll actually be able to dream for 60 mins straight, would you be able to be in the dream for a week?

Theoretically yes if you go by the code that in a dream everything is possible. But in the dream everything is strictly related to a dreamer. So if you are able to make yourself stay in the dream for a week then this clock will work but the clock won’t make you dream for a week you will.

BUT and this is a big BUT I think that you could fool yourself because the brain does that all the time in dreams and maybe this theory will not apply to you or someone else. Maybe it’s good to act stupid in a dream and if you are able to make/find dream clock just tell your self that you will dream for a week and see where it takes you.

Although I would start with shorter period of time. Try something easier not the whole week at the beginning.

Lol yea 1 week is too much for the beginning ^^ we should start with a hour and then 2 then a day etc… But i though about if we set up 1 week for exemple we can still wake up because someone woke us up or waking up by excitement. It can’t be perfect.

You have to keep in mind when you are dreaming for a week that means that you will have a feeling that you dreamt for a week and with faulty dream logic that is possible. You mind will fill the gaps between only few experiences that you will actually experience and by doing that you will have a feeling that you dreamt for a week or some longer time then usual!