Time (Reality vs. Dream)

Aw man! lol I was hoping to extend my weekends through LDs! Thanks for the info Aldarion.

You’re welcome, sorry to disappoint ^^

Actually there are things you can do to trick your mind into thinking time has gone on longer. For instance, if you read WritersCube’s DJ he spends significantly longer in dreams than he does sleeping he has a technique called the “dream clock” which we have another topic. I’m on my phone now but I’ll try to find the link later

So this is a way to actually gain more time, or just an illusion?

I’m really confused by TIME in dream vs reality, only b’coz of the following link, please have a look at it and explain me!

goo.gl/ou09

PM me and explain further what’s confusing you my friend.

Interesting ! I’ll surely take a look at this when you find the topic …

I found a link on the forum about the dream clock…

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … ht=#628810

Thanks for tracking that down, I’ve been pretty busy lately :content:

Lol no problem. :wink:

When my dad wakes me up he shakes me, which in dreams can be absolute hell. I’m not sure why but usually I seem to be running over the earthquake disaster land for 2-3 minutes before I wake up and enter reality. I think that it just depends on the person’s perception of my time, the dream clock idea is just awesome.

I’ve had lucid dreams that have spanned over multiple days, and I ended up waking myself up because I was positive that I must have way overslept my alarm and was getting anxious about missing work.

I can remember many hours worth of actions and details, so in my opinion there must be at least some sort of illusory mechanism that makes dream events seem longer than WL ones.

Perhaps the events we are actively a part of are 1:1 but maybe things that we just observe can be stretched out.

Few days ago, I had a dream and I’m sure it was only 1 hour in real life, but it was about 2 days in dream.
Also, I’ve read about guy, that claimed that he spent 100 years in a dream in one night.

So I’d say the time is distorted in dreams, but of course, this can differ. Not only everyone is different, but also every dream is different. :smile:

I think we, most of the lucid dreamers felt this kind of time differences. But somewhere , i read that Mr. Stephen La Berge proved this wrong? :sad:

i’ve had this happen to me. i had dreams that seem seconds long, but when i woke up, i realized they spanned for hours. some seems normal time. and some even seem to span for days or months. but who knows? maybe it’s just me :grin:

La Berge did studies that seemed to disprove this. I won’t go into detail, but basically he found that dream time and real time were the same in his experiments.

However, there is a lot of personal experiences that seem to show the exact opposite.

This :smile: What I say - everybody is different :smile:

I have a friend who claimed to have “dreampt a lifetime” and I myself have had dreams that lasted days on end as well. I think it depends more on the dream than on the person.

Right, exactly. I also think a good chunk of it has to do with things like false memories. You may only dream a few minutes, but you get false memories to fill in the gaps to make it seem like an hour. Let’s say you cross the street. You may just jump from one side to the other but you have the memory of crossing it.

Of course, that only accounts for some of them. I mean, I’m sure most LD’s that last so long aren’t mainly comprised of FM, so there had to be something more to it.

Thank you all for your replies! :wink: Has anyone tried WritersCube’s Dream Clock Theory yet???