I'm having a lot of dreams about Reality Checks lately...

I decided to change “False Lucid Dreams” into “dreams about Reality Checks” etc. :tongue:

These last few weeks or so I’ve had frequent dreams about Reality Checks, where I dream that I’m talking about lucid dreams and discussing reality checks with someone, and then I wake up and have this aha-moment (“hey, it was a dream! :eek:”);
sometimes I can even wander on the edge of sleep and keep going from waking consciousness into dreaming over and over.

I’m not so sure what to think of this really, is this a good sign?
I can sometimes be sort of absent-minded in reality and I hope this doesn’t seriously affect my abilities to realise that I’m in a dream, but anyway…
What do you think of this?

Those aren’t FLDs. Those are NDs. I can also do the latter myself sometimes as well. I call it dozing off, myself, but it’s not FLDs. :tongue:

[09:24:51] FLD == False Lucid Dream - you are NOT realizing that you’re dreaming but still you act like a lucid dreamer and do everything you want to do - you have the behaviour of a lucid dreamer, not the consciousness.

That’s the definition of an FLD… from your description, that’s not what you’re having. That description means that if it was an FLD, you’d do things like fly, transform, etc. Personally, FLDs are everyday for me so I don’t even call them FLDs. To me, they’re NDs. I’ve always done lucid-like stuff while in NDs. I think the label of FLD can be useful, but it’s sometimes turned to too much when someone doesn’t know what else to think.

All in all, I’d say they’re just normal dreams. However, you could be getting closer because your mind is starting to think about LDs in your dreams as well as your WL. I’m quite absentminded myself IRL and still have LDs, so it shouldn’t compromise that ability. :wink:

Hope this helps; good luck!

I have had quite a few similar experience as well, it is quite frustrating when you wake up and say “I should have known…”

I think the best solution is to do reality checks or ask yourself the critical question whenever you think or talk or read about dreams when you are awake.

Good luck to you!

It’s an extremely good sign you’re getting close. When I’m actively trying to Lucid Dream, I get more and more dreams like these where I actually talk of lucid dreaming and reality checks.

That sounds great. :smile:
Haha, I’m actually starting to get a great interest for this again - I was driving through the village the other day, and at one moment I quickly started to pretend that it was all a very lucid dream, and I felt extremely hyper when I imagined what it must have felt like if it really was a dream and that I could do almost anything I wanted at that moment.
It felt like a blessing, and it really made me realize just how great a truly vivid lucid dream must be. :happy:|)

That’s good you’re having those because i was having those and then started having lucid dreams and they were short, and then i forgot to do reality checks during the day, and haven’t had one in a while, but i did like 20 RC’s today, so hopefully i get something tonight:)

Yeah… it seems like i’ve had this kind of thing, but i think i also end up becoming lucid and then realize you might as well see where the dream i’m currently in takes me. Of course maybe that’s not the best thing to do, just winging it like i typically do might make it easier to end up becomming distracted again.

The thing that drives me nuts thinking about is maybe there isn’t such thing as a full lucid dream, that we’re just dreaming we’re lucid, even when we’re genuinely “lucid”.

I think the bottom line is that in a dream, certain senses are heightened, and other’s are significantly depressed. Like for example our emotions tend to be extreme, but our cognitive abilities kinda suck. That’s just kinda the way it works either way, and im not sure there’s much you can do about that.

If you are able to recreate this feeling before bed, I assure you your chances of getting lucid will increase increadibly!! Like when people say “believe you’ll get lucid, KNOW you’ll get lucid and you will”. It’s more about the feeling and excitement/expectation than belief IMHO.

i had a dream of this sort last night. i was flying around and apartment building, and when i fly i feel so boundless and closest to realizing the dream, i even thought “this is a dream” but it had a lesser meaning than a full breakthrough. well, keep at it.

Yeah well I was ridiculously close to becoming lucid this last night;
I had an awesome dream where I was lying on a lawn kissing a girl, and I actually started thinking that “hey this is a dream, let me keep it for a while” but I just shifted between awakening and dreaming and never really gained control of anything.
I was very sure that I was dreaming because everything had this typical surrealistic and abstract “dream-feel” to it, but I couldn’t quite catch it. :sad:

Oh well, at least it was a great dream. :tongue:|)