I saw A man Who wasn't There.

Well,i made a new account to post this and i want an explanation for this.
My Q:The Other Night i Saw a Lucid Dream and in that Dream i saw a man chaseing me when i suddendly started to think how could this be real that FBI is after me and helicopters and stuff and then i noticed that its an Lucid Dream.'When i realaized then i turned around and i wanted to get shot by the man who chase me so he pulled out his gun and he shot me and i didn’t felt a thing and when i was nearing the ground i woke up but when i open my eyes i stood up and saw the very same man from my dream standing in front of me and next moment i ask my self (What?) and suddenly he dissepire’d (sorry for bad english)
What was this and how i hallucinated accacly after a lucid dream
realy i saw the man like for 3-4 seconds.And it was realy scary.
So is this somekind of “SideEffect” or just a maddness of my imagination to see hallications after a death-near expirience inside a dream.?
pls answer.
:peek:

wow, sounds pretty creepy! :eh:

it sounds to me like it was some sort of false awakening or something. Possibly just an after-image of some sort if you woke up so fast, but I’m not sure.

It’s definitely a strange experience though :smile:

This sounds like a case of the “Old Hag” phenomenon. There is a big topic about it here, although it hasn’t been updated in a while.

When your body is in a state between wakefulness/sleep, it’s not uncommon to hallucinate, especially if you’re in SP. The “Old Hag” refers to a situation in which you’re in SP, and you see or otherwise sense some type of figure (an old woman, a monster, a hitman, etc) sometimes accompanied by a sense of fear. I’m sure there are better definitions, but that is my understanding of it :smile:.

Since you were just dreaming about being pursued, it makes sense that that is what you would see. It can be scary, but just try to remember that it’s not real. Hope this helps!

Sounds a lot like sleep paralysis hallucinations. Are you sure you stood up and did not hallucinate that you stood up? And if you did stand up, maybe you still had the hallucinations?

think habanero and scipio hit this one on the head, otherwise we’ve got ourselves a freddy kreugar effect O_O

yeah it was scary but i weren’t paralysed i could stood up so quickly.like 1 seconds or 2 after the dream.

It sounds like you experienced a hypnopompic hallicunation

It’s the first time I hear of one that was in a dream before, there are stories of people seeing spiders on the ceiling or intricate shapes floating before them before they fully wake up.

Cool! I was wondering if what dreambeam experienced could have been classifyied as hypnogogic imagery, but I remembered that HI occurs at the onset of sleep, not after. Never knew of hypnopompic hallucination(perhaps HH for the tool tip function like SC?).

EDIT: Awww… HH is taken…

Does this kind of thing like i experienc’d has ever happend you guys?

I recall quite a couple of situations at which I woke up and still saw or felt stuff from my dream for a few seconds (persons, spiders, frogs, birds, etc.) while I was already out of my bed. It’s like at those moments there’s no clear point at which the dream ends and reality starts. In these cases I simply continue acting on the dream, causing me to do all sorts of crazy stuff in my bedroom (pulling plugs, lifting curtains, seeking for giant spider etc.) until I realize I’m awake and it was just a dream.

Usually I’m just glad nobody saw me ‘sleepwalking’ like that afterwards. :tongue:

I remember this strange experience that i had 17 years ago (i was 3 years old). And i still remember it,as if i had it a week ago. I woke up in the morning,i saw my mother near me. Then i looked up. In the corner of the ceiling i saw a huge black spider with lots of legs. Strange thing happened,the spider started throwing his legs at me. I covered myself with my blanket and still felt those legs hitting me. Was really scary O.o and only now ,for the first time i hear about such phenomenon. awesome

wow that sounds so scary… are you sure it wasn’t a false awakening though?

keep your courage man… -.- i don’t know what i’d do if i had that happen to me :0