I have trouble believing in LD

Hello!
One year ago i’m trying to have LD. I try like 10 000 technic whitout result. I did one mini LD (I wake after say “hey, it’s a dream”) and that’s it. Today, I think I find the answer to my problem. I think I don’t belive I can do lucid dream. I say to myself that it’s real, but I don’t belive. I know, you guys can, but I think, me, I can’t. So I ask you how to belive it. How to convince my logic that I can do LD.
I don’t know if it’s clear

If you have answer, please help me!
Alaky :plotting:

Well you say that you had a mini LD before right? So, doesn’t that convince you that LDing is possible for you?

For me, after my first LD I was much more confident that I could have lucid dreams like everybody else, it’s just…that I experienced the feeling before…it’s hard to explain. If you read other people’s experiences then it will help boost your confidence. If others can do it, then YOU can as well. For some, it takes a while but you got to be patient, it will definitely come. :content:

My advice: Read online DJs, and do daily RC’s!

I agree with Starry Gwee, just reading people’s DJ’s and exploring this site and just absorbing yourself in the LD world, eventually it starts to show in your dreams and you will have LD’s :smile:

The biggest question is where is your focus? You mentioned doing “10000” techniques, but techs don’t make you lucid. It is all about you and your awareness. Look at the people who have many, many LD’s. Wyvern, for instance becomes lucid because he is always questioning his surroundings. He is aware of what is going during his day. Do you know how you got where you are? Are you paying attention? More than belief, more than techniques, I truly believe awareness is what counts.

OK, I’ll consider all your tip.
Thank you all!
But I have annother question: How can I be more Aware??

Alaky

RC’s will increase your awareness 10-fold.

Being aware throughout your day and constantly questioning your surroundings is called Lucid Living (LL). Do a search for it on google or here on LD4all. It’s not a method so much as a lifestyle, and it’s hard to do at first, but it will get easier.

mmmm
Verry intersting : https://ld4all.com/archive0205/viewtopic.php?t=1085
I’ll read about that!
Alaky

Alaky, I joined this site and started keeping a DJ just last month. I do numerous RCs during the day and since I started here I’ve already had an LD. For me RCs are the way to go, they can be very helpful. You see, all day I’m pretty much thinking, “Hmmm… I could be dreaming.” With that thought in my head I’m compelled to do an RC to see if I am indeed dreaming. It helps you to be more aware.

How may RCs are you doing in a day?

At least one per hour. I try to when people say my name and when I enter a room.

kk

Youll get it eventually! as they said before just do reality checks and read other DJ’s I constantly look at others dream journals and just last night in my dream i found my self thinking about dreaming in my dream and therefore i became lucid!!

Yeah , I wish…

Keep your hopes up! You’ll get it eventually. It just takes some longer than others.

The thing about techniques is that they’re not always set in stone… You have to personalize them and make them your own. I’m always thinking about ways to adjust techniques that might work better with myself and my brain. That can take time too, so keep a positive outlook! :wink:

Ok Thank you for all thoose tip! :smile:

Also, you are keeping a dream journal, right? It’s absolutely necessary to write down every single tidbit of info you can recall. I had stopped keeping a DJ a few months back, and I got 0 LDs. A month ago, I started keeping a DJ again, and I’ve already had 3 or 4 LDs. In fact, just a day after restarting my DJ, I got my first LD in months.

I have a DJ. I keep it the week-end because, the week, I don’t remember my dream because i’m awake by an alarm.

I so understand that, I don’t know why but it’s the same with me to, when alarm wakes me I just can’t remember any dreams, 99% of the time I wake myself, maybe we just don’t have a habit…

I totally agree with this, works the same way for me , no need for RC, but RC do help as well.

Hope you realize soon that you can do it, Good luck! :smile: