Has anyone noticed time moving faster

Author  Message 
ShawnDB
I AM dreaming
Somniologist
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Thu 17 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

onthebrink2 wrote:
Time is just the speed of which the Earth revolves around the sun. Therefore if time were going faster than the Earth. It would have to be moving around the sun faster than it was before. The older you get the faster your perception of time goes by.

No, time is completely different than speed. It takes the Earth a year to revolve around the sun though and that is a measurement of time.

S=d/t

you could however find the time it takes the earth to go around the sun by substituting the speed for S and distance for D. I think that is what you were talking about...but that would just be a unit of measurement for time.

Dragonmind
The American Dragon
Somniologist
Dragonmind has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 25

PostPosted: Sat 12 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Time IS moving faster, it's if we're gonna crash into 2012!
I have evidence too. I played a 2-minute song(metroid prime prolouge, which is 1:48 )
anyways, I timed the song to the internet clock when BAM! Just after the song finshed, 3-minutes went by. I have no idea what to think. I double checked everything!

Current LD goal(s): Such control, I can bridge to Astral Projection!
Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 12 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

well yeah if you start playing a 2 minute song on the moment a clock goes to '.10' then at the end of the song it will jump to '.12' which is the third minute... no surprise there.

No but seriously guys, if time would move faster/slower, which could be possible due to the earth starting to move in a different pattern, and more likely our solar system, galaxy or even cluster starting to move differently, the it would move faster/slower everywhere on earth, so we wouldn't be able to tell, it wouldn't make any difference. If time moves faster/slower for you it also moves faster/slower for your clock.

Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sun 13 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I believe this is more on perception of time, which is irrelevant. I don't think time would change too much, too fast. Geologically, 10 years is a second, a moment, not long enough to think a thought. If it was going faster, it would be too small to tell, a minuscule fraction of a second every so often.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
snowleopard
just a person
Somniologist
LD count: 7

man...
PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

you are right, the week and years seem to go by wayyy faster than normal. hell a normal day to me seems like 5 minutes... overspannen

Current LD goal(s): more LD's and control
Deftness

PostPosted: Sun 17 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

I thought that's what Einstein's theory of relativity was all about. Time and speed is connected. I like how the thread starter kinda described it. It much reminds me of the things that use to be in malls, no idea what they're called. You'd put your penny in the ramp and let it go. It rolled around in that huge funnel like thing and as it got closer to the hole it just went faster and faster until it inevitably fell into the hole.

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity
Wolfgame
LD count: 16

PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

I think the time seemingly going faster has simply something to do with people aging and the perception of the grand scale of time changing. (eg. Crafting a chair seems to take the same amount of time but the overall years just zip by faster and faster.)

vbflame
Low Intermediate
Somniologist
vbflame has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 158

PostPosted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

My motto: "Blink once and you'll be 10 years older.. blink twice and you'll be dead.." grin

WordOf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

I pity your eyes vbflame

Einstein pretty much hit it on the head with time being relative. And not just empirical evidence of it, human perception of it as well. I feel it's passing faster as well, i just put it down to being older. By the time i'm 70 odd years old i'll probably be at vbflame's stage overspannen
A blink and a year goes by, with your mind circling in familiar patterns, not giving a thought to "bigger" thoughts.

Current LD goal(s): shared dreams
Dragonmind
The American Dragon
Somniologist
Dragonmind has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 25

PostPosted: Fri 06 May, 2011  Reply with quote

It IS going faster! I've taken tests! I played a 2 minute song and 3 minutes went by!
I've also winessed the sun moving quite fast. This has started since the 2010 summer... that's when I noticed actually.

EDIT: Holy crud I already said this!

Current LD goal(s): Such control, I can bridge to Astral Projection!
wolvendeer
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: 23?

I do feel like time is moving by faster, but I think that is just because I have just been grinding lately (for all of you gamers out there) and I haven't been paying attention to much, so it all gets into an indistinguishable blur in which days and weeks go by at the same speed.

DreamWalker_5
Somniologist
Somniologist

wolvendeer wrote:
I do feel like time is moving by faster, but I think that is just because I have just been grinding lately (for all of you gamers out there) and I haven't been paying attention to much, so it all gets into an indistinguishable blur in which days and weeks go by at the same speed.

Feel the same way, but now since I will be going back to Lucid Dreaming again I think it will change, if it does not, then I must say that it is weird... meh

BIGsteve
enigma
Novice dreamer
LD count: 29 officially

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2011  Reply with quote

time for me fluxuates or however youy say it depends sometimes five minutes in one room is like five hours in the other math class mainly.

Current LD goal(s): to be able to dream in my dream
Sindiewen
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

About a half our from now, which its currently 11:23 PM 6/24/11, its going to be the next day! Yay!
But really, time is moving a bit faster. Im noticing this during the day when I eather:
Play Minecraft
Go outside and bike
Play Team Fortress 2.
Time is going faster definantly (well it feels like it).

Current LD goal(s): To successfully get one.
altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Sindiewen wrote:

Playing Team Fortress 2.

Yeah I noticed that too, one second it's 10 PM, next it's 1 AM ^^

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.

print