Why You Started The Quest For Lucid Dreaming

The reason i started is because i watched a certain episode of american dad wher steve was lucid dream and so forth i wanted to see if it was real so i went on the web and saw post’s with LD expeinces and thought i would love to do this. happy to know how you got started so please reply.

Moved from Quest for Lucidity :tardis:

Well, I was playing a game, and I was grinding for stuff. In the place were I was grinding I met another person, which started telling me of his dreams, and then slowly started on the subject of lucid dreams. It was actually a really nice process, if he had told me immediately I would probably not had believed him. But I did, and I joined here. Thanks, Mark.

A few years ago, I had a really horrible scare because of a scary movie. The night I watched it I got really scared and, long story short, I was afraid of everything for the longest time. I couldn’t be alone, and I always thought I was in a dream and couldn’t get out… So I trained myself to know if I was dreaming. I told my spirit guide Atar to never show up in my dreams, so if I could see him I’d know I was awake.

So I would have a nightmare, figure out I was dreaming, and force myself awake. So I was lucid for a few seconds, but there was absolutely no desire to stay in the dream.

Of course now, the habit of waking myself up at the first sign I’m dreaming isn’t exactly helpful when I wanna stay lucid :razz: lol

A year or two after that scare, I had a lucid dream, and it was awesome ! :smile: ever since, I’ve been learning more and more about dreams and being lucid, and now I hope for nightmares so I’ll know I’m asleep :razz: xD

My first LD was mind-blowing for me, but that didn’t cause my quest for LD, because I didn’t know what the hell happened then, what was that. So after some time I cooled down and I totally forgot about that dream. One day I was searching something on the wikipedia about insomnia and I saw this term: lucid dreaming. As always I was pretty interested in my dreams but never searched anything on the internet, so I had to check what lucid dreaming means and then I learned actually what happened that night…

So basically I could say that I started to be interesting in LD because of my own experience with LD. After some searching on google I end up here, and the rest of the story you know :smile: !

I’m not too sure actually…Oh yeah i remember i was browsing random pages on Wikipedia and i came across something about being attacked by demons in your sleep somewhere on the page it mentioned it often being SP which made me look up SP which led me to lucid dreaming then i spent the whole night learning about it.

Thanks for all the post and stories

I was researching dreams for a project and came across a website about LDs. I got immediately interested and looked into it. It came easy for me because I had LDed as a child, but differently so to speak. When I was about 5 or 6, I was curious about finding out how dreams started, because I could never remember the beginning of a dream. I started trying to remember it and got a bunch of unintentional LDs. So I didn’t find it hard to believe in LDs, because I’d already done it.

I read Castaneda’s books, where Don Juan teaches him to have lucid dreams. I became somewhat interested, but didn’t research much.
Then I made friends with a guy that has spontaneous LDs, so I became interested again and started to try the instructions given by Don Juan in the first books (that are just a hint to MILD).
After failing at that, I searched the web and got here :smile:

We did a story on lucid dreaming in my high school newspaper. I found the idea really interesting so I looked into it. I gave up pretty quickly, but after a few random LD’s I got really interested again. I’m glad I did too, it’s been worth the effort I’ve put in.