WILD - all the hard stuff = incredible new technique!!!

This has happened several times to me already, so I know it’s no coincidence:

Anyways, last night at 5 am, the alarm on my new alarm clock went off. I didn’t know where the ‘off’ switch was and was too tired to find out, so I just hit the sleep button. I fell asleep again instantly. Ten minutes later, it happened again. The process repeated about 5 times. Then, on the sixth time, something strange happened.

As I was falling asleep, I lost consciousness for a few seconds. Then, a thought crossed my mind (I forget what it was) and I decided to open my eyes. When I did, it felt like there where deadweights attatched to them, and my vision was all blurry. I could only keep them open for a few seconds. Then, I realized that I was in SP!

I wanted to get a WILD out of it. I knew that during the process of falling asleep, you breathe shallowly. So, I took one shallow breath… and my body did the rest. My breathing became rapid and my whole body started shaking like mad. I waited until I stopped shaking. Then, I got up and found myself in a dream! The dream lasted for what seemed like an hour, but in reality it was only ten minutes because I woke up when my next alarm went off. It was incredible!

So, I’ve come to a conclusion: doing the alarm WBTB (whatever that’s called, the one where you keep hitting the sleep button) combined in any way with WILD is an extremely effective way to LD. Every time you hit the sleepo button, your mind becomes a little more aware while your body gets a little more tired. This puts you in the perfect position to WILD. You can either switch off the alarm clock and do a quick WILD (but be careful that your intent is to fall asleep, not doing any crazy counting methods).

Or, you can just do what I did. Keep doing the alarm thing until your mind is so aware that you wake up in the process of falling asleep, therefore skipping all the hard process of WILD and going straight to the transition. It’s very likely - an when I say very, I mean VERY - likely that this will happen. Your mind will become so awake while your body is so tired. When when you reach that perfect happy medium between awake and tired (but don’t rush it, you’ll go into a LD when the time is right, otherwise you’ll wake up your body), you’ll fall straight into a nice long LD.

Also, I found that doing LD’s this way are longer. It decreases the chance of waking up and increases the amount of control. Sound cool? Try it, and post back! :smile: :smile: :smile:

wow soumds easy!, but i dont have that kind of “sleep” button :sad: . I accidentaly had done the following a couple of weeks ago: i read some pages of a book, got tired and turned off the light. My imagination was very active and i was daydreaming various things, gradually they got more vivid and at some point i “saw” what i imagined and thought it was real.

So i took action but the daydream vanished and i felt that shaking that you described and fell asleep unconsciously.
So i just wanted to ask you if you could do the same thing and see if you get lucid!. Sorry for the long post :grrr:

it does sound nice. but too bad that i always completely wake up if an alarm rings :sad: it would take me a long time to get to sleep again, so there’s no ‘snooze’ concept in my mind even :tongue: i envy you fast sleepers… you can do WILD easily :happy: i usually just jump out of bed when my alarm rings… and i’m all awake like an owl :tongue:

Hmmm… sounds interesting. I’ll try it out at some point.

It just sounds like DEILD to me. Either way though, I can vouch for this way of performing DEILD. Ive done it on numerous occasions and it’s highly effective, although youend up being really tired once you finally wake up for the final time.

@avalinah:
If you set the intention to do this the night before, you will automatically hit snooze in the morning. Even if at first you don’t think to reenter the dream lucidly, after a couple of times of waking up and then hitting snooze you will remember to because of your intention you set before you went to bed.

i doubt it. even if i accidentally wake up at 4 in the night, i am too awake to go back to sleep fast. i would not be asleep till the next snooze. even in the depth of the night it’s hard to go back to sleep. so it’s not a thing of intentions. this tech probably only works for fast-easy sleepers.

I agree. I believe that the success of a WILD is directly related to the level of awareness you have right before falling asleep. WBTB and DEILD helps a lot in being well aware while being very close to sleep, that’s why, in my humble opinion, they’re so effective; I’ve had hundreds of LDs with DEILD.
Usually, to get very close to sleep while being aware, I fall asleep as slowly as possible, I explain this in my topic on “surfing”.

• Wega

No, it’s different from DEILD. Actually, it’s different from any other technique I’ve heard of. Most techniques involve WILDing from the start, or turning off the alarm completely and hoping that you’ll wake up in the dream anyways. But the problem is that when you start dreaming, you’re often in too deep a sleep to become lucid. And when you WILD from the beginning, your body and mind are either too awake or too tired. But if you use my technique and just keep hitting that sleep button, you’ll find yourself become aware just before you enter the dream. This means that you skip all of the hard ‘getting into SP’, but at the same time it makes your mind aware from the start of the dream. This gives you less of a chance of waking up, a longer LD, better control, more clarity, and overall just a higher quality of a LD.

If you still don’t get it, think of it this way: MILD/RCILD involve becoming lucid in the dream. WILD/DEILD involve becoming lucid before you even fall asleep. Both are effective… but still unreliable. You have to find that happy medium of lucidy and subconsciousness in order to have a good LD. All the other techniques are risky, because they don’t give you that happy medium. It’s all about luck. But with my method, your body finds that happy medium for you, since you’re waking up mid-process of falling asleep. When you enter the dream, you have the perfect amount of lucidy.

Sorry for the long post. Hope that made sense to you. :smile:

I disagree. DEILD’s definition is Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream. It involves waking up (or partially waking up), whether it’s to an alarm or not, and going back to sleep like WILD, but faster since you don’t open your eyes or move. If you wake up during a REM period or close to one, then you don’t have that deep sleep to go through and can go right back into REM. There’s a few DEILD and OBE timers out there like this one: saltcube.com/timer-debug.html

In other words, it’s pretty much the same thing as you’re saying. I agree with the others that you’re pretty much describing DEILD.

sigh No, it’s not like that. You can open your eyes and you can move (which makles it very different from DEILD since not moving is kind of the point of that technique), and you don’t have go back into the same dream. DEILD doesn’t involve using an alarm clock or hitting the sleep button repetively. Also, DEILD involves being conscious and aware through the whole time, while my technique allows you to fall asleep through the first half of the process. You only regain lucidy when you’re just about to transition into a dream. So, you see, it’s not ANYTHING like DEILD. Just because two techniques are similar doesn’t make them the same. Because, hey, WBTB and DEILD are very similar, but they are classified differently. What about this do you not understand?

But then again, if you don’t want to listen to me, it’s your loss. Because I’ve practiced DEILD before and it only ever did[/u] work ONCE out of the many times I tried. But I used my technique and it only ever didn’t work for me ONCE out of the many times I tried. The fact is, they are not the same. If you want to prove that they are the same, go ahead and prove it. But I haven’t seen anyone here yet with a good arguement. If you don’t like it, don’t try it, but don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

wow, that sounds really interesting! I think I’m going to try it tonight.

and for what its worth 12stargazer34, i can see the difference between this and DEILD. :smile:

I don’t see how she ruined it for everyone :eh: Even if you don’t call this DEILD, I’ve seen this technique before, so what’s the problem :smile: I haven’t actually tried it my self, as I hate snooze, but I should give it a try and I intend to!

Remember that this, as any other technique, depends on so many factors that it can work very differently for each person.

Easy, easy. I didn’t say I didn’t like it. Sometimes DEILD is still possible when you move.

Also, I posted the link to the DEILD timer because it IS an alarm to wake you up every few minutes. The point of it is different; it’s to wake you up several times, then keep going off after a while so your brain thinks the alarm is going to go off sooner than it actually does, and thus you gain awareness while still asleep. However, it’s still a timer to wake you up so you can go right back in a dream.

Sure, it might not be exactly DEILD. But it’s similar with some differences. That’s how it seems to me. I was just giving my honest opinion, and as Mattias said, things work differently for each person. I’m not going to argue though. I did find the post interesting, and wanted to add to the discussion.

I’ve had similar experiences with an alarm clock. Too bad my alarm clock is on the opposite end of the bed right now to prevent me from doing this very thing for a long time :smile: DEILD is very dependent on when you wake up. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes it is not. If you are lucky enough to wake up and still have some REM juice left, then its great, otherwise it just ruins dream recall.

If you have an Android phone, I created a free Android app for lucid dreaming and it has a special “Wild Timer” mode - it would work exactly as the original poster’s technique and the other timer linked, except it can use sound, light or vibration (both use morse code) as a reminder.
For example the app can be used like this:
Vibrate for 10 seconds after 5 minutes
Vibrate for 5 seconds after 10 minutes
Vibrate for 12 seconds+flash light for 30 seconds after 13 minutes.
Play sound and vibrate for 10 seconds after 20 minutes

Because it uses Morse code, each vibration sequence may be made unique, yet repeatable and recognizable, after all, people read and listen to Morse code :smile:

As you can see, the timer is very customizable, so if an alarm clock is too loud and wakes you up, consider using something more subtle, like a short, self disabling vibration sequence! Oh, and it only takes a tiny gesture to activate/deactivate this alarm rather than having to turn on the computer or have it running overnight! On the other hand, I’ve seen the timing of that timer recommended before, so they may be good!

more info on how this timer works
luciddreamingapp.com/help-how-to … ild-timer/
App:
market.android.com/details?id=c … ngapp.beta

PS. you can configure this app to wake you up before REM for better chances of success!

Absolutely agreed with OP, that’s how I’ve had nearly all my LDs. Either I keep waking up and going to sleep until I get a random WILD, or I can’t fall asleep for hours due to noise or whatever and when I do fall asleep, it’s by WILD. No hallucinations or anything, just the vibrations and whooshing. All I have to do is concentrate to make them stronger. At the end there’s a sound like a small explosion and I’m immediately in the dreamworld, fully lucid. Pretty much the easiest way ever to get lucid from the sound of it, if only I could do it reliably. Unfortunately it probably wouldn’t work for any people who have trouble falling back asleep after waking up.